Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Don't know what's really going on

Hanna.man

Empathetic and feel spirits?

I am an empath and I know what a empath is and isn't empaths can feel other peoples emotions but I don't know what else I have my aunt (we're Indians/ mostly Choctaw) and she has many abilities were one in the same but it becomes extremely difficult for her to talk about it with me for longer than 10 minutes and I only see her once a year of that so I can't ask her. I can feel peoples emotions very strongly and I cannot be in large crowds because of this but I also have other abilities too I can see the dead but when I see them I can't talk to them and if I can talk to them I can't see them my aunt says it's because I have more growing to do and I can feel spirits with me everywhere I go one of the scariest things is if I see somebody in town just a stranger a flash will come across my eyes and I will see them die. And the last thing it doesn't have to be bad it can be good too but anytime anything happens whether it be good or bad I have a dream of me and this old man talking in the park not about anything really just like dogs and birds I have never met the man in my life never seen him before but i described him to my aunt and she had a very blank look on her face and she showed me a picture and I said yes that's him it's my aunt's grandfather he died before I was born but he was a very bad man rapist murdered kind of bad man and I don't know what to Think or do and I dont know who to talk to because I don't want people to think I'm a pyscho

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
merged duplicate threads

I am an empath and I know what a empath is and isn't empaths can feel other peoples emotions but I don't know what else I have my aunt (we're Indians/ mostly Choctaw) and she has many abilities were one in the same but it becomes extremely difficult for her to talk about it with me for longer than 10 minutes and I only see her once a year of that so I can't ask her. I can feel peoples emotions very strongly and I cannot be in large crowds because of this but I also have other abilities too I can see the dead but when I see them I can't talk to them and if I can talk to them I can't see them my aunt says it's because I have more growing to do and I can feel spirits with me everywhere I go one of the scariest things is if I see somebody in town just a stranger a flash will come across my eyes and I will see them die. And the last thing it doesn't have to be bad it can be good too but anytime anything happens whether it be good or bad I have a dream of me and this old man talking in the park not about anything really just like dogs and birds I have never met the man in my life never seen him before but i described him to my aunt and she had a very blank look on her face and she showed me a picture and I said yes that's him it's my aunt's grandfather he died before I was born but he was a very bad man rapist murdered kind of bad man and I don't know what to Think or do and I dont know who to talk to because I don't want people to think I'm a pyscho

1 minute ago, Hanna.man said:

Yeah I'm new to forums and I'm trying to figure it out and I'm not sure which topic it goes under so I put it under a few

Under a few? :huh:

I'm just looking for answers here guys a little help to understand what's going on with me I'm new to forums and all there really is no need to be rude

If you are genuinely hearing and seeing dead people then you are suffering from hallucinations, and this is commonly a symptom of drug abuse, mental health issues, or attention seeking. Nobody here is qualified to deal with the first two causes but you will receive all the info you can handle on the third

Sorry misinterpretation of your comment @XenoFish and to Lucas I know how it sounds but I dont use drugs what so ever and it's not like the sixth sense movie where I just see dead people walking around the house I live in twin girls died at 5 I don't know how when or why but a couple days during the week they'll be standing in the living room or my office but I'll only see them for a brief amount of time it's things like that not just dead people walking around everywhere 

Sorry misinterpretation of your comment @XenoFish and to Lucas I know how it sounds but I dont use drugs what so ever and it's not like the sixth sense movie where I just see dead people walking around the house I live in twin girls died at 5 I don't know how when or why but a couple days during the week they'll be standing in the living room or my office but I'll only see them for a brief amount of time it's things like that not just dead people walking around everywhere 

:-D Welcome, Hanna.man.

Maybe get back to your roots?  Spend some time enjoying nature on

peaceful days during mild weather and giving thanks to the Great Spirit

in whom one need be strong in order to delve into the spirit world...

Preliminarily, perhaps, fast and further cleanse yourself of impurities via,

say, a healing sweat lodge?  Meanwhile, pray and pray some more,

because empaths must live prayerful lives.  Pray from your heart

to the Great One... burn some sage, and let the purifying smoke

lift your prayers, sing, ... and/or, for starters, often recite the Serenity prayer:

serenityprayer.jpg

Pray you and everyone you encounter "be reasonably happy in this life" and/or,

in the case of spirits, "supremely happy [...] in the next."

0:-) MGby.

Edited by aka CAT
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hanna.man said:

Your empathy like all of us is the product of mirror neurons. Which allow us to put ourselves in other peoples shoe, some of us have the dial all the way up to eleven, while I'd say average people are at a 5. Your inability to handle crowds might be due to being an introvert, as I am the same way. I hate crowds and crowded places. Empathy can be triggered by body language, tone of voice, intuition (subconscious cues), perhaps even pheromones. 

Now seeing the dead is a tricky one, as it would be a sign of being in a high stress environment, lack of proper rest, poor diet, mental fatigue, or self induced. At worst it could be a mental illness. It would be best to make sure you find out what's actually causing this spirit visions, for your own well being. Do not misunderstand me I'm not saying you're crazy. It's more out of concern.

• Like 2

I feel so crazy although I know I'm not I've been trying research to figure everything out and people where giving me links to this place so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I call her my aunt out of respect because shes much older than i but she's actually my cousin and she says she finds it hard to talk to me because her mother my actual aunt is full blood Indian and was in to spells and witchery and she said when I was just a couple months old her mother was babysitting me and she attempted to put a curse or something on me.

I'm just trying to figure out what's going on but I'm from a very small town so there's nobody to really find to talk to so I resorted to the world wide web and it's all just very stressful.

Drink some mead then go out and slay a giant.  Return, drink mead in celebration.  Boast of the battle.  Feast on meat and vegetables.  That's the best way how these existential crises, contrived for attention or otherwise, are solved.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hanna.man said:

was in to spells and witchery and she said when I was just a couple months old her mother was babysitting me and she attempted to put a curse or something on me.

All that stuff works by putting ideas in your head. These idea grow into full blown complexes. You think yourself cursed and any negativity that happens you conscious and/or subconscious associate it with this 'curse'. It's all in your head. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

Drink some mead then go out and slay a giant.  Return, drink mead in celebration.  Boast of the battle.  Feast on meat and vegetables.  That's the best way how these existential crises, contrived for attention or otherwise, are solved.

Been playing skyrim again. lol

4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

All that stuff works by putting ideas in your head. These idea grow into full blown complexes. You think yourself cursed and any negativity that happens you conscious and/or subconscious associate it with this 'curse'. It's all in your head. 

I have to agree with XenoFish, in that most of this stuff is counterproductive.  

Whereas one cannot pick his family, and whereas it is best he accept and love them for whom are they--

humans are flawed and often pathetic creatures,

I believe you'll benefit from widening your interactions, interests, activities ...&c. 

Seek inspiration, focus on the good and, instead of letting others define you,

work to better yourself to the best of your ability.

Edited by aka CAT
  • Like 1

You sound like you need to slow down a little bit..  If I were you, especially with your heritage (compliment), I would go to nature.

Go where calls to you, if it's the forest, the open spaces, beach etc. Leave your phone and other technical stuff at home, bring a blanket and just sit.  Inhale and exhale, listen to the sounds of nature, concentrate on the wind in the trees, birds, the waves coming across the beach..

You might need to do this a few times, but it might give you some peace in your mind and allow you to connect to your spirits, and be able to ask them for guidance and help.

It may also be a good idea to speak to your doctor, just in case there are some underlying medical issues that you're not aware of.

Good luck!