Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Presidential Debate - LIVE

Daughter of the Nine Moons

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

The thing that actually bothered me the most about the debate was Mr Holt's 'one sided' fact checking. Now, I'm not enthralled with either candidate, but if the moderator is going to jump on Trump over inaccuracy he should jump on Clinton over inaccuracy as well.

See article about this here: http://observer.com/2016/09/lester-holts-one-way-fact-checking/

We knew going in the media is owned by the left and Holt is just another puppet.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lilly said:

The thing that actually bothered me the most about the debate was Mr Holt's 'one sided' fact checking. Now, I'm not enthralled with either candidate, but if the moderator is going to jump on Trump over inaccuracy he should jump on Clinton over inaccuracy as well.

That might be true but when nearly everything that comes out of Trumps mouth is a lie, it's easier to grab at low hanging fruit.

Clinton was answering question. Trump was evading them. He NEEDED to be checked by Lester. He isn't a puppet, just trying to get Trump to respond to what was asked, 

• Like 2

I paid attention and Clinton told some 'untruths' as well:

1) She blamed the 2008 financial crisis only on the corruption of Wall Street.

2) She denied having ever supported TTP.

3) She said 'stop and frisk' was unconstitutional.

4) She praised the Iran nuclear deal as being nation building.

Neither candidate was totally truthful.

• Like 2

When Trump changes his opinion he is a flip flopper. When Obama or Hillary does they are evolving. Now outright lying by Hillary is just the nature of politics. It's a major scandal when it is Trump.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 5

BTW, in the context Hilary used the stop and frisk being unconstitutional, she was correct. From Fact Checker"

Q: Was the police technique of “stop-and-frisk” found unconstitutional?

A: The practice is not unconstitutional, but a judge ruled in 2013 that New York City’s stop-and-frisk program was carried out in a manner that violated the U.S. Constitution

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vlawde said:

BTW, in the context Hilary used the stop and frisk being unconstitutional, she was correct. From Fact Checker"

Ok, but the current idea for police being able to 'stop and frisk' with some form of probable cause is different from the version that was employed in NYC. So, trying to say Trump wants the 'old NYC version' of the practice wasn't exactly correct. However, Trump also said Clinton still favored TPP when she's recently said she does not favor it in its current form.

Basically, the 'fact checking' aspect can have a great deal of spin being employed. What bothered me was that Mr Holt was all over Trump (like 5 or 6 times) but he never jumped on Clinton for her inaccuracies. The news media isn't exactly being very impartial in this election cycle.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Vlawde said:

Q: Was the police technique of “stop-and-frisk” found unconstitutional?

A: The practice is not unconstitutional, but a judge ruled in 2013 that New York City’s stop-and-frisk program was carried out in a manner that violated the U.S. Constitution

Did you notice both of them have a lot of situations where their actions were only moral because of technicalities? Trumps saying that he doesn't discriminate because he settled without admission of guilt is another example.

The president is supposed to represent the best of America, yet both parties seem to have dredged up the worst. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ninjadude said:

That might be true but when nearly everything that comes out of Trumps mouth is a lie, it's easier to grab at low hanging fruit.

Wow!  It takes some skill to be so misled.  And no concern over what Hilary does?  Unbelievable.  “Nearly everything”?  Say 90%.  If that is the case then Hilary lies about 180% of the time.  If Trump lies almost every time then why does he draw thousands to rallies and Hilary keeps cancelling her rallies?  What’s the saying, “you can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you can’t fool all the people all the time.”  Yet his numbers at rallies just grow.  I think that Hilary controls those ‘some’ that can be fooled all the time and she’s betting that they are enough to carry her through.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Vlawde said:

Clinton was answering question. Trump was evading them. He NEEDED to be checked by Lester. He isn't a puppet, just trying to get Trump to respond to what was asked, 

Hilary answering questions?  She’s a pro, she knows better than that.  She was spouting plenty that needed to be fact checked.  But how Benghazi, servers, emails, Foundation, Supreme Court, etc. never came up and how Holt didn’t press it, was certainly a progressive wet-dream.  I don’t care about some hurtful comments or not seeing taxes.  I want to hear how you lie to the face of a family member that lost someone in Benghazi?  I want to hear about all the lies she was caught in while talking to the FBI.  These are far more important.

Trump was doing his best to answer questions.  Like I’ve said before, he’s not the polished politician.  He doesn’t quite trust the audience completely yet and so he hasn’t figured out that he doesn’t need to lay out all the background info every time.  He should just get to the main point and press on.  He should have learn from this for next time.  Because when you get by all this silliness, she can’t stand with Trump on the real issues.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lilly said:

I paid attention and Clinton told some 'untruths' as well:

Some?  Oh that's right, if the question isn’t asked then it can only be some…

1) She blamed the 2008 financial crisis only on the corruption of Wall Street.

Well, Wall Street was the implement of the disaster but it was manufactured by the Progressives.  The natural tendency of Wall Street is to grow wealth and protect the shareholders.  Abide by the Invisible Hand.  But when you impose irrational regulation, it throws the whole system into chaos.  And that’s what Dodd-Frank did to it.  It caused the system to do non-natural things and that short-circuited the system.  What Hilary has talked about would just completely collapse the financial system, never to realize its full potential.

2) She denied having ever supported TTP.

She supported it until she found out what was in it?  Shouldn’t one figure out what is in it before supporting something?  We elect these politicians to look forward with the best interests of this nation at heart.  I think if she is elected, she’ll all of a sudden will support it again.

3) She said 'stop and frisk' was unconstitutional.

So how many people were detained improperly (violating their Constitutional Rights) when Giuliani started the S&F program?  What happened to the amount of crime?  How many lives and how much property was saved?  What are Progressives worried about violating ones Rights?  They are all about imposing the nanny state which is a major violation of the Constitution.

4) She praised the Iran nuclear deal as being nation building.

I guess that is one way to think about it.  That was one nation that didn’t need to be built up.  Saudi Arabia is no friend but now we have two enemies.  Instead of controlling the region with long term influence, now we assure going back again with boots on the ground.

Neither candidate was totally truthful.

There’s a difference between being vague and not totally truthful (as Trump is) and someone outright lying and being completely deceitful.

There's different types of inaccuracies at play in these fact checks. They range from honest mistake to bold faced lying.  Hard to tell with either candidate . Hillary acting like she thought wiping a computer disk clean meant using a cloth for example. Trump on supporting the Iraq invasion. These are either bold faced lies or examples of Alzheimer's. Both candidates lead me to think that if anything in our fed govt still works we'll see the first POTUS in handcuffs by 2020. 

4 minutes ago, Varelse said:

There's different types of inaccuracies at play in these fact checks. They range from honest mistake to bold faced lying.  Hard to tell with either candidate . Hillary acting like she thought wiping a computer disk clean meant using a cloth for example. Trump on supporting the Iraq invasion. These are either bold faced lies or examples of Alzheimer's. Both candidates lead me to think that if anything in our fed govt still works we'll see the first POTUS in handcuffs by 2020. 

I doesn’t matter if Trump supported the Invasion of Iraq or not.  It is a non-issue.  Hilary’s cloth comment was a deliberate falsehood, showing her callous arrogance to deceive.

So both of these contenders for POTUS are lying to the American people, what is going to happen when one of them gets the position of being one of the most powerful leaders in the world , can the world believe what they say at conferences.We all know that politicians are accomplished liars (we have just got rid of one) but is telling the truth too hard to  say.

It seems Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump was right when he complained about audio in the debate hall.

The Commission on Presidential Debates released a vague statement on Friday simply saying: “Regarding the first debate, there were issues regarding Donald Trump’s audio that affected the sound level in the debate hall.”

The commission didn’t elaborate any further, but the statement did not indicate that there were any issues with the television feed.

The day after Monday’s debate at Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y., Trump saidduring a “Fox & Friends” interview that he had a “bum mic.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/debate-commission-trump-audio-issues-191451316.html

7 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Well, Wall Street was the implement of the disaster but it was manufactured by the Progressives.  The natural tendency of Wall Street is to grow wealth and protect the shareholders.  Abide by the Invisible Hand.  But when you impose irrational regulation, it throws the whole system into chaos.  And that’s what Dodd-Frank did to it.  It caused the system to do non-natural things and that short-circuited the system.  What Hilary has talked about would just completely collapse the financial system, never to realize its full potential.

So, let me get this straight, the recession was caused in 2008 by progressives who weren't in power using an act that was signed in 2010. Did I miss the time machine invention or is Obama just that good?

• Like 1