Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Notifications blocked

ouija ouija

EEK! Why can't I access my notifications?! :o The 'loading' icon  for the drop down menu just keeps going. How can I put people straight debate with fellow UMers :blush: when I don't know who has replied in a thread I'm following or who has misquoted me?

Also, when I typed in the first smiley face above, all the text before it disappeared. It didn't happen when I typed the second one in.

• Like 1

Sounds like an issue with your browser - try rebooting your computer.

• Like 2

the servers were a bit wonky earlier ... about two hours ago .... for me that is ~

• Like 1

In what way were the servers wonky ?

Edited by Saru
Half asleep this morning
  • Like 1

Hiya Bossman ... I got the 'UM site is Unavailable Try again later' message ... I tried again about 5 then 10 then 15-20 minutes later ...

~

Ah ok - yes there does appear to have been a temporary issue with the servers this morning - the site would have been down during that time. Everything should be working fine again now though.

• Like 1

I've rebooted twice. Still can't get it to work :hmm: If I click on 'view all notifications' this notice comes up: 'sorry there is a problem. Something went wrong. Please try again. Error code EX126'

Perhaps you are seeing a cached copy of the error page from earlier on.

Try clearing your browser's cache / temporary Internet files.

Failing that, do you have a different browser you can try it with ?

When you say 'try clearing your browser's cache/temporary internet files', is that what I'm doing when I use CCleaner? If so, I've tried that.

Plus, I tried Firefox and that didn't make it work.

I have run a notifications table repair - are you still experiencing this issue now ?

• Like 1

NO!!!! Yee-har!! Thanks, Saru :tsu:

• Like 2

Anyone else seeing the pop up notification 'bouncing box' in gobble-dee-gook text characters ?

Something like ascii or hex ... I notice it usually comes when the thread has the apostrophe in the title ~

I wonder if its only on my end and something to do with my browser default font or lingo settings ...

~

1 hour ago, third_eye said:

Anyone else seeing the pop up notification 'bouncing box' in gobble-dee-gook text characters ?

Something like ascii or hex ... I notice it usually comes when the thread has the apostrophe in the title ~

I wonder if its only on my end and something to do with my browser default font or lingo settings ...

~

What browser/version are you using ?

1 minute ago, Saru said:

What browser/version are you using ?

FireFox 49.0.1 ~

:yes:

~ I keep up with Mozilla updates I do ...

Under the 'view' menu on Firefox, go to 'text encoding' and select 'unicode' if it isn't selected already.

Then restart your browser.

• Like 1

Am already on Unicode ... autodetect at *Off*

something to do with WinXp and the Win 10 tablets configurations perhaps ?

I have WPF Font cache 3.0 and 4.0 at *Disabled* under Win Services ...

~

You have a Windows XP machine and a Windows 10 tablet that both exhibit this problem ?

Just now, Saru said:

You have a Windows XP machine and a Windows 10 tablet that both exhibit this problem ?

Ahhhh much apologies Bossman ... I have no knowledge of this anomaly on Win 10 machines ... it was an assumption on my part that the recent upgrades to the forum might have some Win 10 specifics to it ...

Anyhow it is just curiosity on my part and I wondered if it was specific on my end or that other members here might have experienced it too

From the lack of any feedback I'll just take it as some configuration settings on my end .. its not really hindering anything in regards to the forum ... just thought it may be something to bear in mind in case of future trouble shooting issues ...

Thanks again for your kind attention good sir ... sorry for the confusion regarding the WIn 10 and Win Xp entanglement ...

~

I have experienced this, but only half a dozen times and the pop up following the odd one is always fine. Then it's months before there is another 'one off' so I don't see it as a problem.

• Like 1