Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A tale of two realities

UM-Bot

Mind=blown. I clearly remember it being berenstein bears. I also was sure it was spelled dilemna. I'm glad to hear at least i am not alone in my confusion on this.

• Like 1

I am a victim of the Mandala effect too, the infamous "Australia cut" of Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (where the ark burns the stamp off the crate a la burning off the Nazi symbol). Could swear I saw that happen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2016 at 10:18 PM, Lord Fedorable said:

I am a victim of the Mandala effect too, the infamous "Australia cut" of Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (where the ark burns the stamp off the crate a la burning off the Nazi symbol). Could swear I saw that happen.

I'm confused, are you saying that seen was not in the movie?  In don't know what the "Australia cut" is, but I'm pretty sure I saw the symbol burned off the crate in the movie I saw.

I remember all pretty much as it currently is except for those damn bears. I remember seeing this a while back on the internet and it still bugs me. I KNEW it was Berenstein, too.

Besides that one thing.. not much else I can think of.. except I have always swore that I saw an old black & white live action Popeye the Salior film when I was a kid, not that Robin Williams movie, but a film that looked much much older.

Could never find evidence for this existing in my adult life but I KNEW I saw it and it was pretty dramatic.

Remember this one ?

~

~

or this one ?

~

~

The mystery to me is where they hid the crane and were there cranes available then ...

~

This is the version that should be the one posted ... took me a hell of a time to dig it out from the links ... :)

I wonder if anyone can find the full unedited length clip ...

~

~

Wow those were good thanks.  Yeah when someone mentions Mendela and you're thinking I could swear we had this conversation before or ? you sent them a link and they don't know anything about it, or you're explaining the Shopko or White Elephant store that was there, and they grew up on the street and say they've no idea about it? : D

Firstly, why do people think that their memory is infallible? It is unbelievably untrustworthy. Your memory is not a VHS that you rewind and rewatch. Every time you remember something, your brain is recreating the memory.

Secondly, it is quite telling that almost all the "Mandela events" are to do with popular culture, where material is constantly retrodden, remade and reproduced. Hey, I coulda sworn Han shot first...

• Like 3

I just did a search on this to see if it had been posted on this site. I witnessed a big case of this yesterday at work, someone was trying to remember the name of a genie movie from the mid 90s that starred Sinbad. I knew what they were talking about since i used to watch that movie with my grandmother, i liked it so much that when Kazaam starring Shaq came out she took me to the theatre to see it. I did a quick google search to find the name and found threads of people talking about how it never existed. Now it seemed like everyone 25-32 at work remembered this movie, we asked at least 25 people, some could even quote it. I find it fascinating that so many people could all be misremembering the same thing.

• Like 1

One that I only know to be a smart as to people is.

It's not " luke I am your father"

It's "no, I am your father "

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

One that I only know to be a smart as to people is.

It's not " luke I am your father"

It's "no, I am your father "

Yea I've been researching this a little, apparently a lot of people also don't remember C3PO with one silver leg as well. I'll admit that I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but i remember him being all gold. I would really love to see this phenomenon professionally studied with a large test group as it fascinates me.

E/ The one that I am sure of is the Sinbad one, it actually gave me chills since I have vivid memories of watching it with my grandmother. I was also a big Shaq fan at the time, so I know I am not getting confused. I also remember laughing at how he was ripping off the Sinbad movie. Also this was the only reason I knew of Sinbad growing up. Everytime I saw him I thought about his genie movie. 

There have been others that I misremember as well, such as Chic-fil-a, but those are more easily explained when compared to vivid memories with my grandmother.

Edited by Use your brain
adding
  • Like 2

On 10/15/2016 at 10:07 AM, third_eye said:

Remember this one ?

~

~

or this one ?

~

~

The mystery to me is where they hid the crane and were there cranes available then ...

~

Ha !   'hid the crane '     ...... where did you hide your own head hen you were looking at the clip ?  

In other words; what do you think is holding the camera up there at 0.52   ?     :) 

1 hour ago, back to earth said:

Ha !   'hid the crane '     ...... where did you hide your own head hen you were looking at the clip ?  

In other words; what do you think is holding the camera up there at 0.52   ?     :) 

did you compare it with the one at #7 though ?

Penn and Teller did a tour in India ... don't think they saw a crane either ...

~

Huh ?  I dont know what you mean  .......   The one at #7 is shot from ground level so there is no comparison to what I was was writing about in regard to the camera angle in the other clip at 0.52.

6 minutes ago, back to earth said:

Huh ?  I dont know what you mean  .......   The one at #7 is shot from ground level so there is no comparison to what I was was writing about in regard to the camera angle in the other clip at 0.52.

Yes ... the China documentary is a steady crane cam ... those things don't lift up anything heavy heavy ... the clip at #7 is from the early 1900s and there is a wide shot ... of the kid reaching the top ...

~

even if its a crane that is used you'd still have to account for the stiffness of the rope ... in other words the rope will swing and sway if it is lifted by a crane ...

Edited by third_eye
elaboration

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First I would like to start off with, I am facsinated by the mandela effect.

The Kazam mandela effect is the only one I believe to have come up with an explaination for the confusion. 

The confusion could be due to a book known as "Arabian nights". Most of us should have some knowledge of the collections of stories within the book. 

Aladdins wonderful lamp is a story in Arabian nights. Most of us have head of Aladdin from the disneys verision of the story, but if you haven't there is a genie in the story

Now I'm probably putting far too much thought into this but if you consider the idea of there being a "collective unconsiousness" there is a pausible explaintion for this one... example.   (This actually just came to me as I was reading through this thread so bare with me here, I actually never thought of this before today)

So we have "Arabian nights" which has the story of Aladdin in it. Aladdin has a genie in it. This mandela effect involes Sinbad (the actor) playing a genie in a movie. The seven voyers and Sinbad the sailor is also a story in Arabian nights. Ala...KAZAM. A possible reason for the confusion 

I know its far fetched because many people seem to remember Sinbad being the actual actor starring in the movie, as for me i remember it being Shaq due to his large size.