Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO captured on police helicopter thermal cam

Black Monk

Police have been left baffled after a UFO appeared to show up on one of their cameras.

Footage from the force's heat-seeking helicopter camera shows a spherical object bobbing around in the centre of the screen. 

The unidentified craft was filmed by the South Wales police while officers were flying 1,000ft over the Bristol Channel.

Confused police said the mystery object was flying against the wind and was undetected by air traffic control at about 9.30pm on Saturday.

Edited by Black Monk
  • Like 3

Fascinating...  but I say it's a drone.  Perhaps a new military grade surveillance drone.

1 hour ago, bmk1245 said:

My bet is on some small crap stuck on camera glass.

Well, its definitely not that..

• Like 2

Daily Mail contains too much of fabricated claims and stories. They're NEWS, should be taken with a pinch/ grain of salt.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hudds said:

Daily Mail contains too much of fabricated claims and stories. They're NEWS, should be taken with a pinch/ grain of salt.

Wasn't this from the police? 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Goodf3llow said:

Well, its definitely not that..

First of all, thermal signature is kinda wrong. What was the temperature of water in Bristol Channel, and what was air temperature at 9:30 PM and 300 m over Bristol Channel?

Now, thats what looks motors of quad in IR:

Thats one clue.

Secondly, during numerous zoom ins/outs, shape of intensities of the blob changes drastically, especially at the end of the video.

• Like 4

If it wasnt visible at the time but seen afterwards when watching the footage.......... Who was controlling the camera to follow it and attempt to zoom in on it?!?

• Like 1

Sorry didn't read the above post who also noticed.

It says it wasn't seen at the time, If that's the case why is it within the cross-hairs most of the time and centered upon when it moves away from them?

Edited by Ratbiter
  • Like 1

Where does the article say that the object wasn't seen at the time and was only seen afterwards when they watched the footage?

• Like 1

Police want to know what this UFO invisible to the human eye really is

• 13:01, 27 Sep 2016
  • Updated 13:12, 27 Sep 2016
  • By Cathy Owen

It was filmed over Bristol on Saturday, September 17, and shared online by NPAS St Athan, the National Police Air Service which is based in South Wales.

~
Still trying to figure it out ...

2 hours ago, ExoPaul said:

If it wasnt visible at the time but seen afterwards when watching the footage.......... Who was controlling the camera to follow it and attempt to zoom in on it?!?

The front page news article covering this story has since been updated due to an error - it was meant to state that, according to reports, the object could only be seen using the chopper's thermal imaging camera, not that it was only spotted for the first time after the footage was reviewed afterwards.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hudds said:

Daily Mail does what other papers do...it QUOTES the source.... in this case it was the Bristol Police. Do we take the Police with a pinch of salt?

2 hours ago, Hudds said:

This is not a Daily Mail story, it was posted on Twitter by the police themselves.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, seeder said:

In this case it was the Bristol Police. Do we take the Police with a pinch of salt?

In that case, we shouldn't take it with a pinch of salt. 

8 minutes ago, Saru said:

This is not a Daily Mail story, it was posted on Twitter by the police themselves and is all over the Internet.

I really appreciated the clarification.

1 hour ago, seeder said:

Daily Mail does what other papers do...it QUOTES the source.

Daily Mail and a few others don't always completely quote the source. As there is either a partial or fraction of fabrication to some of they're stories, in my opinion.

I will take this one as fact, because the Police are actually involved.

Edited by Hudds

57 minutes ago, Hudds said:

Daily Mail and a few others don't always completely quote the source. As there is either a partial or fraction of fabrication to some of they're stories, in my opinion.

I will take this one as fact, because the Police are actually involved.

I dont seem to find anything bogus about the Mail. But...if it were the Sun, or Daily Sport papers....well..I wouldnt even insult myself reading those rags

anyway, the giveaway was in the thread title

'UFO captured on police helicopter thermal cam'

But enough of all that   :lol:  Any thoughts on what it could be?

10 minutes ago, seeder said:

I dont seem to find anything bogus about the Mail. But...if it were the Sun, or Daily Sport papers....well..I wouldnt even insult myself reading those rags

anyway, the giveaway was in the thread title

'UFO captured on police helicopter thermal cam'

But enough of all that   :lol:  Any thoughts on what it could be?

There was a story from the Daily Mail a short while back, which was the final straw for me. But I won't go into that. 

I completely agree, those other two are rags and I would not believe most of what they publish. :rolleyes:

Back to the topic...

They certainly captured something very interesting. It's definitely a U.F.O at this point.

Perhaps it's some kind of secret Russian spy craft? :lol:

• Like 1

It looks to be cooler than the background to me, right, or is the heat reversed with this camera?   I see no motors on arms so drone seems a long shot.   I was thinking a balloon tied to an antenna for longer range radio communication by a ship in the Bristol channel.   That would explain the cool temperature and the movement without motors.  If darker is hotter with this camera then forget this suggestion.  :D

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1