Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Am Now A Believer

BelieveNow

Hi. My name is Joe. I have NEVER been a firm believer nor firm disbeliever in the paranormal - but have had a few things happen at different times in my life that could not be explained, so I just let it go and went on about my daily life. I am a normal everyday type of guy, have plenty of friends, am NOT an attention seeker and I do not have an eago that requires attention. I am in my 50s now and 25 years into my second successful career. See - just a normal person, but have had some recent experiences that truly now have me wondering about what "After Life" is like.

I was married for 20 years until she passed away from a Stroke. We were in love still. No matter how bad it hurt, I looked at it rationally and accepted the fact that she was gone, it is part of life, and she is now in a better place.

A few unexplainable things happened not long after her passing.

We had a grandson that was the apple of her eye. She loved him more than anything. Her eyes just twinkled everytime she saw him or even spoke of him. Since she passed away just two weeks before Christmas, I had gone Christmas shopping with our daughter just right before Christmas. We seen this very large and very expensive electric car for someone his age to ride. There was no way the daughter could afford it, but she wanted it for her son (our grandson) veryyyyy badly. I could not afford it either after all the hospital and burial expense that I recently had, but I thought real quickly that night in the store with her and decided I would sacrifice other things just so he could have that for Christmas - so I bought it for him. When the daughter seen what I was doing, her eyes just twinkled as she looked at me and as I said "your mom would have done this", and then we both softly cried as we finished.

Well, it was the next morning when I believe that I was visited. I live in a large apartment, and I keep it locked up tighter than Fort Knox. Anyway, I had awoke the next morning right before the sun came up and was lying there in bed still not having any ambition to get up. It was just about one maybe two minutes later when the microwave in the kitchen (the next room from the one I was in) began running by itself!!! Well, thinking that someone may have broke into and entered my apartment during the night, I swiftly but quietly as I could threw off the blankets and bolted into the kitchen expecting to find someone there - but no one was there. My kitchen was illuminated with light from the microwave, but no one was there. I quickly stepped over and stopped the microwave and then went thru the other two semi-vacant rooms as I checked the door locks and windows. All were secure as I had left them the night before. I then walked back into the kitchen and looked at the microwave - which was stopped at 4 mins and 12 secs.     My microwave had NEVER malfunctioned before and I checked the timer and it was not set.      ...strange, but my wife use to warm up my coffee in the microwave for 4 mins and 30 secs each morning.    ?????          I had often wondered if she was thanking me for purchasing that very nice gift for our grandson that night before.  

Also, I had a few pieces of silverware that would drop by themselves when there was absolutely NO WAY they could have done it on there own. I could go further into detail on some of the experiences. but I feel I have typed enough and I do not want to write a book here.

So, for the believers, I am probably the world's biggest believer in the paranormal now. Not scared or anything, its just that there were things that happened in my house after my wife passed away that had NO EXPLANATION and there was NO WAY they could have done it on there own.

And to the non-believers: It does not matter to me whatsoever. I am not seeking attention and truly do not care if you believe me or not. You are probably thinking of everuy rational explanation on how those incidences occured - but too late - I already have. There was no wind, no tremors or anything else that could have moved that stuff by itself nor turned on that microwave.

I just wonder still what it is really like after a person passes away. In life, I like to fish and such, but how do you do that if you cannot hold a fishing pole? I guess what I am wondering now if it is really boring being a spirit or something. Weird. Guess we won't know until we get there.

• Like 3

Welcome to UM, please feel free to share your experiences, we all enjoy reading them.

Sorry for your loss.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BelieveNow said:

I could go further into detail on some of the experiences. but I feel I have typed enough and I do not want to write a book here.

Appreciated you sharing your experiences on here. Sorry for the loss, of your beloved wife.

I am interested to know some of the other experiences and in detail, whenever you have the chance. 

Edited by Hudds
  • Like 1

Hello Mr. Hudds, and thank you for your condolences.

I never seen any apparitions or ghostly figures, but she did let me know a few times that she was there.

One night I was standing at the kitchen sink handwashing some dishes. It was veryyyy quiet and peaceful. No windows were open and the there was no air flow in there. I (or we) have had a coffee pot on the counter next to the sink since we moved there, and it was still there after she passed. I keep a spoon lying on top of it for convenience of measuring and dumping coffee into the pot each day and stirring my cream into my coffee each morning. It has ALWAYS laid there. As I washed the dishes that night, the spoon began to wobble on top of the coffee pot and then fell onto the counter. As I was focused on doing the dishes, I didnt give it any thought just reached over quickly and put it back on the coffee pot, then proceeded to wash dishes.   It was just a few moments later when it began wobbling again and then fell onto the counter top again. This time, I stopped what I was doing and stepped back a step or two and just stared at that spoon.     

Now Mr. Hudd, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING explainable that would cause that spoon to wobble like that and then fall on to the counter - TWICE. I am a pretty large fella, and I could get up on that counter and walk or even slightly hop and that spoon will not fall down. The counter is pretty sturdy.     I feel that she was just letting me know that she was there.

I am of English/Swedish descent, but I am closely related to Native Americans in my work. I have studied and listened closely to Native American deep beliefs in the spirit world. I have learned alot.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BelieveNow said:

Now Mr. Hudd, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING explainable that would cause that spoon to wobble like that and then fall on to the counter - TWICE. I am a pretty large fella, and I could get up on that counter and walk or even slightly hop and that spoon will not fall down. The counter is pretty sturdy.     I feel that she was just letting me know that she was there.

Micro vibration caused by water running through pipes or some appliance running. 

• Like 1

Hello Sir

I really appreciated you sharing in detail of the odd occurrences. I hope you don't mind me saying, but all of the occurrences that you experienced can have rational and other explanations.

For example; The microwave may have actually malfunctioned. Bare in mind, sooner or later every electronics can malfunction either once in a while or often, and we cannot guarantee that they would never do so. Your microwave apparently came on by itself, but remember it was you who turned it off at 4:12 secs, it was a coincident the timer was close to 4:30 secs.

For example; The spoon on top of the coffee pot. XenoFish does have a good point. "Micro vibration caused by water running through pipes or some appliance running". Also, during washing up near the sink, I sometimes do accidently nudge, push or move things which allows utensils or dishes to fall off they're temporarily placements.

Besides, I don't think a spoon on top of the coffee pot is a stable placement.

I really hope you do understand, and don't mind some of us being honest. As at this point there are more rational explanations than the occurrences being related to the Paranormal.

However, please keep us updated of any further occurrences you may experience. 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2016 at 6:30 PM, BelieveNow said:

Hi. My name is Joe. I have NEVER been a firm believer nor firm disbeliever in the paranormal - but have had a few things happen at different times in my life that could not be explained, so I just let it go and went on about my daily life. I am a normal everyday type of guy, have plenty of friends, am NOT an attention seeker and I do not have an eago that requires attention. I am in my 50s now and 25 years into my second successful career. See - just a normal person, but have had some recent experiences that truly now have me wondering about what "After Life" is like.

I was married for 20 years until she passed away from a Stroke. We were in love still. No matter how bad it hurt, I looked at it rationally and accepted the fact that she was gone, it is part of life, and she is now in a better place.

A few unexplainable things happened not long after her passing.

We had a grandson that was the apple of her eye. She loved him more than anything. Her eyes just twinkled everytime she saw him or even spoke of him. Since she passed away just two weeks before Christmas, I had gone Christmas shopping with our daughter just right before Christmas. We seen this very large and very expensive electric car for someone his age to ride. There was no way the daughter could afford it, but she wanted it for her son (our grandson) veryyyyy badly. I could not afford it either after all the hospital and burial expense that I recently had, but I thought real quickly that night in the store with her and decided I would sacrifice other things just so he could have that for Christmas - so I bought it for him. When the daughter seen what I was doing, her eyes just twinkled as she looked at me and as I said "your mom would have done this", and then we both softly cried as we finished.

Well, it was the next morning when I believe that I was visited. I live in a large apartment, and I keep it locked up tighter than Fort Knox. Anyway, I had awoke the next morning right before the sun came up and was lying there in bed still not having any ambition to get up. It was just about one maybe two minutes later when the microwave in the kitchen (the next room from the one I was in) began running by itself!!! Well, thinking that someone may have broke into and entered my apartment during the night, I swiftly but quietly as I could threw off the blankets and bolted into the kitchen expecting to find someone there - but no one was there. My kitchen was illuminated with light from the microwave, but no one was there. I quickly stepped over and stopped the microwave and then went thru the other two semi-vacant rooms as I checked the door locks and windows. All were secure as I had left them the night before. I then walked back into the kitchen and looked at the microwave - which was stopped at 4 mins and 12 secs.     My microwave had NEVER malfunctioned before and I checked the timer and it was not set.      ...strange, but my wife use to warm up my coffee in the microwave for 4 mins and 30 secs each morning.    ?????          I had often wondered if she was thanking me for purchasing that very nice gift for our grandson that night before.  

Also, I had a few pieces of silverware that would drop by themselves when there was absolutely NO WAY they could have done it on there own. I could go further into detail on some of the experiences. but I feel I have typed enough and I do not want to write a book here.

So, for the believers, I am probably the world's biggest believer in the paranormal now. Not scared or anything, its just that there were things that happened in my house after my wife passed away that had NO EXPLANATION and there was NO WAY they could have done it on there own.

And to the non-believers: It does not matter to me whatsoever. I am not seeking attention and truly do not care if you believe me or not. You are probably thinking of everuy rational explanation on how those incidences occured - but too late - I already have. There was no wind, no tremors or anything else that could have moved that stuff by itself nor turned on that microwave.

I just wonder still what it is really like after a person passes away. In life, I like to fish and such, but how do you do that if you cannot hold a fishing pole? I guess what I am wondering now if it is really boring being a spirit or something. Weird. Guess we won't know until we get there.

i also believe in signs

On 9/27/2016 at 6:30 PM, BelieveNow said:

She's always with you in your memories.

• Like 2

I find the OP Joe  quite plausible, this is the kind of thing I have experienced maybe 100 times. There will be more to come, for Joe, and the only reason he is witnessing it is the true love that existed between he and his wife.

• Like 1

Ok, yes, I knew there would be responses such as these.   I am NOT a quack or weirdo.   From someone else's imagination, OF COURSE you are going to think bumps, vibrations, winds, and a thousand other things would cause that experience alone.

As I had said, I am over 20 years into my second successful career, and its a management position in the field of electronics. I know probably better than anyone that posts on here just what electronics and vibrations do to equipment.    

I probably should not have even posted on here because there is not anyway that one can experience what I experienced and see for themselves on the conditions in that room.

...but yeah, sure, I will believe that microwave malfunctioned back in the third week of December in the year 2013 and set itself to the exact same time that my wife use to set it at each morning - after I went and bought the apple of her eye a very expensive and loving Christmas Gift just the night before, anddddd the microwave the microwave is still in use today.

haha, sure, I believe ya

...as I had said, I am a firm believer now from the few unexplainable experiences that I had after she passed. And I VERY SERIOUSLY do not care if anyone believes it or not - I won't lose even 2 seconds of sleep over it.

I guess I was just looking for some conversation with someone who experienced similar experiences.

and I am new here. So is there a way of blocking some individuals?

• Like 1

Wow mate... thanks for sharing.  It sounds like you are blessed with the kind of treasures that can't be purchased and I'm happy for you.  Keep up the good work.

I do have one bone to pick with your story though... this claim to be 'normal'...  I don't think that exists.  The only people who I ever thought were normal, turned out to be people I just didn't know very well yet.

Normal does not exist. ;) and thankfully so... it's dreadfully dull and pedantic.

• Like 3

Mr quiXilver: BelieveNow is only my first name - DreadfullyDull is last name :) 

Mr Habitat: 

16 hours ago, Habitat said:

and the only reason he is witnessing it is the true love that existed between he and his wife.

Sure, there was true love - but I do NOT believe the "the only reason I am witnessing it is the true love that existed...".

One thing I failed to mention is that I am also a Realist. She is gone. She is in a better place and all that - and although we loved each other dearly, I do NOT need to hold on to her because I realize and accept death as part of life, and I do not require her spirit to be around to the point of imagining and dreaming up this stuff in order to carry on in life. I did not ask or hope for it to happen either - it just happened. Now, again, the experiences that i had were real, and it does not matter if anyone believes it or not. I am not here to tell ghost stories. Seriously, and respectfully - I only came here to possibly communicate with others who have had similar experiences.

• Like 1

Sometimes in life there are weird experience we can't fully explain. Often we might put a deeper meaning to them than is warranted. Regardless, it happened.

• Like 1

Just now, BelieveNow said:

But why would it/they happen so coincidentally?

To me they did seem slightly more than coincidental. BUT, the occurrences can be rationally explainable for the most part.  

However, I really do want you to stay in touch with us, and share of any further odd or strange occurrences.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BelieveNow said:

I only came here to possibly communicate with others who have had similar experiences.

There are many people whom experienced similar experiences that you have in there lives. And hopefully they may step in soon, and share and also engage in a conversation with you. :)

• Like 1

Sure, I can do that. And I like reading some of the posts on here.

But in reality, how can one tell of their experiences here? I for one was all alone. I did not have any cameras set up and recording, and none of you were there to witness them yourselves.  The only believable experiences here are dependant on how well spoken and typewritten they are. 

Like I said, I am not here to tell Ghost Stories. I witnessed a few things that CANNOT be explained. Y'all can imagine microvibrations and water running and wind blowing and vibrations all ya want - respectfully, it does NOT matter even the slightest to me. I do not have to have believers reading my posts in order to make me feel good and let me sleep at night.

• Like 1

People believing your story or not shouldn't affect you anyway. 

Many of the skeptics here are unsure of the true of stories like your own. This is because we tend to get an onslaught of very imaginative folk. I'm not saying you are one of them. 

I'm sure someone could relate to you on here. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, BelieveNow said:

But in reality, how can one tell of their experiences here? I for one was all alone. I did not have any cameras set up and recording, and none of you were there to witness them yourselves.  The only believable experiences here are dependant on how well spoken and typewritten they are. 

Some of us are quite knowledgeable, and actually have had experiences ourselves. We can tell from the occurrences a person may experience, regardless of how well spoken or not or even typed, they're stories are or claims. 

It's always appropriate to look at other explanations as well, in every odd or strange occurrence situation. 

Edited by Hudds
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BelieveNow said:

Mr Habitat: 

Sure, there was true love - but I do NOT believe the "the only reason I am witnessing it is the true love that existed...".

One thing I failed to mention is that I am also a Realist. She is gone. She is in a better place and all that - and although we loved each other dearly, I do NOT need to hold on to her because I realize and accept death as part of life, and I do not require her spirit to be around to the point of imagining and dreaming up this stuff in order to carry on in life. I did not ask or hope for it to happen either - it just happened. Now, again, the experiences that i had were real, and it does not matter if anyone believes it or not. I am not here to tell ghost stories. Seriously, and respectfully - I only came here to possibly communicate with others who have had similar experiences.

I do think love is the key, though. I think both you and your wife had the kind of love in your hearts that make these events possible. And that love would not be confined to being toward each other. I am like you, the scoffers can scoff without causing me any concern. Except perhaps for them. I never expected to witness the likes of what you have described, and more, it would never have crossed my mind that it might happen, but also i never assumed such things impossible, either.

• Like 1