Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Creepy 3D printed body that breathes & bleeds

seeder

Creepy human replica could train future surgeons: 3D printed body that breathes and bleeds can recreate the trauma of emergency operations

3D printed organs were created using CT scans of hearts, lungs, and blood vessels from real patients
    The lungs can inflate and deflate giving the impression the replica body is really breathing
    Artificial blood can also pump out of blood vessels to mimic the blood loss experienced by patients
    The 3D printed patient will be provide hands-on experience for training military and civilian surgeons

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3809685/Creepy-human-replica-train-future-surgeons-3D-printed-body-breaths-bleeds-recreate-trauma-emergency-operations.html#ixzz4LVIR5T4I

• Like 4

I think it's a great idea to help students figure out what it's like to operate on a human body.  

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

I think they are going to far with some of this stuff.  I see bad things happening in the future

well, dont forget early medical investigation, and training....was done on corpses....so a printed replica is ideal I think

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, seeder said:

well, dont forget early medical investigation, and training....was done on corpses....so a printed replica is ideal I think

But I do not have faith in humans.  I see the 'use for nefarious' things.  Look back at how many 'cadavers' were actually killed so they could be sold to the physician colleges

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

But I do not have faith in humans.  I see the 'use for nefarious' things.  Look back at how many 'cadavers' were actually killed so they could be sold to the physician colleges

Did you know, during the world wars I think...men used to shoot live pigs... throw grenades at them to blow their limbs off, just so the field medic could practice on something living/breathing?   I thinks thats wrong....but medics have to learn fast. In fact Ive just learnt they still do it, well recently anyway...I wont supply a chosen link as it will be deemed gory, but I will supply the search results..... cast your eyes down the list

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=used+to+shoot+pigs+to+train+medics&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=VBnrV8WrEuXR8ge_xoEg

• Like 1

"And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed."

Revelation 13:15,  Just Sayin'

This is bad, if it went to the wrong hands

• Like 2

5 hours ago, seeder said:

Did you know, during the world wars I think...men used to shoot live pigs... throw grenades at them to blow their limbs off, just so the field medic could practice on something living/breathing?   I thinks thats wrong....but medics have to learn fast. In fact Ive just learnt they still do it, well recently anyway...I wont supply a chosen link as it will be deemed gory, but I will supply the search results..... cast your eyes down the list

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=used+to+shoot+pigs+to+train+medics&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=VBnrV8WrEuXR8ge_xoEg

Ever hear of "UNIT 731"?  The Japanese made Hitler's boys seem like mother Theresa.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731

• Like 1

6 hours ago, and then said:

"And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed."

Revelation 13:15,  Just Sayin'

While I am not religious, the whole playing God never ends well.  Whether it was a warning if things that might happen or a genuine foretelling, I think we are messing with things we should let be.

14 hours ago, glorybebe said:

While I am not religious, the whole playing God never ends well.  Whether it was a warning if things that might happen or a genuine foretelling, I think we are messing with things we should let be.

Just no. I do not have my Hoverboard yet.

They bombardin' us with long articles
About the Hadron Collider, trying to find the God particle
And everybody's arguing about whether or not
To clone people or keep it to farm yard animals, ****
Double 'em up, triple 'em, **** the discipline
Grab a bunch of rabbits and slap all the lipstick on 'em you want
Yeah, maybe high heels to match
That's what playing God is for, hoverboards

• Like 1