Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost

Debbiedecker

On 9/28/2016 at 7:15 AM, Debbiedecker said:

Thanks I'm very aware of this but sometimes it's real thank you

99% of the time it's your imagination.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 10:04 AM, Debbiedecker said:

This picture I took in a campground it's a very close up of someone's truck parts as it looked odd to me with the shadow lighting casting on the windshield may or may not be anything but it's quite interesting to take a peek at.

FB_IMG_1475069524569.jpg

What my eyes see is a child-like face peeking over from the right, but my brain is telling me that's just a good example of pareidolia. This is a windshield you say? I only ask because windsheilds and mirrors are prone to getting minute scratches on them, and these can distort light that reflects off of them.

7 hours ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

@Debbiedecker could you please provide unaltered originals as requested. Thanks.

To add to that, and maybe help a little, here's a a few generic tips...

• don't show us processed or enlarged images first! Show us your interpretations AFTER you have shown us the untouched originals.  Any sort of processing, even just enlarging and cropping, can add false detail or remove or alter original detail.
  • as stated above, most processing operations you can do will add false detail.  And that means if you *want* to find something interesting in ANY image - which by its nature will have lots of random patterns and blotches and smudges and optical effects etc - it can be just a matter of zooming in, or a small tweak to sharpness or contrast and hey presto, you will recognise something!.  Make sure you learn about pareidolia before getting carried away.  And don't be 'hurt' when others don't see what you see - that's human nature, and it should also tell you that some things are indeed pareidolia.
  • always keep any important image intact and untouched on the original media.  In other words, when it was first recorded it was probably saved to the camera/phone internal media, perhaps an SD card.  You should NEVER resave over the top of that image (ie save it with the original name), even if you don't think you have made any changes.  Also, if you have a system that offloads the images to another device, try to ensure that process doesn't erase the originals.  Instead, manually delete images you don't want and leave the 'mysteries' on their original media.
  • seek out help if you are not sure how to put a copy of your untouched original image somewhere on the web where we can view them - it's not that difficult, but it's probably best that you get face-to-face help given all the different possibilities.  If you can't find someone to help, there are a number of very kind folk (like me) who will offer to PM you their email address and you can then send the files by email and we will post and analyse them in detail.  Just ask.

Debbie, we are genuinely trying to help.  Some of us may be a little 'curt' (eg me!), but we get a bit jaded when so many folks post stuff that really isn't mysterious..  Here, we try very hard to get to the *real* mysteries, so if you just want to show off your images and not get them questioned, you are probably at the wrong type of forum..

• Like 2

On 9/29/2016 at 9:58 AM, Spoovo said:

This isn't people being judgemental. This is people giving honest advice and critique to photos that, honestly, don't look like anything paranormal.

If you don't want feedback from the things you put online, it would probably be wise to not put them online.

I don't get it but I've never been in a group that is so judgemental in my life nobody knows my paranormal background. I don't think being hurtful is the way to go to make new friends.

FB_IMG_1475082669878.jpg

10 minutes ago, Debbiedecker said:

I don't get it but I've never been in a group that is so judgemental in my life nobody knows my paranormal background. I don't think being hurtful is the way to go to make new friends.

FB_IMG_1475082669878.jpg

I didn't notice anybody in particular being "judgmental" towards you... all I saw were some perfectly reasonable and mundane explanations as to your photographs. Additionally, whatever "paranormal" experiences you've had are not relevant as we are discussing your photographs... they don't look like they are at all paranormal.

Now, as to the photograph in your OP: I see nothing resembling a figure/human or anything of that sort. My explanation for this one is: pareidolia. The second one is likely either a lens flare or light being reflected off of a speck of dust that is close to the camera.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Debbiedecker said:

I don't get it but I've never been in a group that is so judgmental in my life nobody knows my paranormal background. I don't think being hurtful is the way to go to make new friends.

I think you're overly sensitive to constructive criticism. We don't know your background because you haven't told us. None of us are being directly hurtful (to my knowledge, I'm to lazy to re-read the post in this thread). I'm also not sure any of us are trying to make new friends either. We're not here to pat each other on the back, but the present information about what could be going on. 99% of paranormal activity/supernatural phenomenon can be debunked that 1% is me being nice.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

@Debbiedecker could you please provide unaltered originals as requested. Thanks.

Hi Debbie, again could you please provide the original unaltered images. Thank you.

• Like 4

On 30/09/2016 at 9:44 PM, Debbiedecker said:

FB_IMG_1475082669878.jpg

You're misunderstanding. No one's being judgemental here. Just honest. 

Making friends online is all well and nice, but friendships tend to spawn from honesty, not pandering and lies. The only things I've seen are gentle, constructive criticism.

You'll find more sceptics here than the entire state of Nevada, so unless the stuff you're providing is 100% convincing, you can expect it to get shot down and stomped on.

But yeah, enough with that. Your wee ghost picture is cute. :)

• Like 1

On 2016-09-30 at 5:10 PM, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

Hi Debbie, again could you please provide the original unaltered images. Thank you.

I think she said she lost them due to computer problems

On 9/30/2016 at 4:44 PM, Debbiedecker said:

No one is being judgmental of you personally, you posted some iffy material, made some claims about it, and few agree with your analysis.  And of course nobody knows your "paranormal background"...which, is irrelevant to this discussion.  You're also being asked to provide more info and more material and you're ignoring those requests.  And posting stuff like this, then getting all upset if no one confirms your bias, is a very strange way to make friends.

If you're being hurt by this, then that's your problem.  Grow a thicker skin and at least pretend that you're trying to seek honest answers.

21 minutes ago, ShadowBoy86x said:

I think she said she lost them due to computer problems

sigh

That's a common type of claim when asked for proof or additional info.  Way too common...

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard

22 minutes ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

That's a common type of claim when asked for proof or additional info.  Way too common...

A bit too convenient...

1 hour ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

No one is being judgmental of you personally, you posted some iffy material, made some claims about it, and few agree with your analysis.  And of course nobody knows your "paranormal background"...which, is irrelevant to this discussion.  You're also being asked to provide more info and more material and you're ignoring those requests.  And posting stuff like this, then getting all upset if no one confirms your bias, is a very strange way to make friends.

If you're being hurt by this, then that's your problem.  Grow a thicker skin and at least pretend that you're trying to seek honest answers.

sigh

I know :D