Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

wild dream last night

preacherman76

Ok so the dream started off I was laying on this surf board in the middle of what looked like the edge of where a river ran into the Ocean. It was beautiful every where. Water was blue, as well as the sky. Looked like a tropic paradise. Im completely sold that Im actually there. Not lucid at all. Anyhow next thing I know I see this massive black shadow under me in the water. I started freaking out. Ive always had a healthy respect for the ocean, and always feared being in such a situation. Then 4 killer whales rise up breaking the water, completely surrounding me. Through my fear, I became fascinated with these creatures. They were amazing, and best of all didn't seem to have any ill will towards me. Now this part is kinda strange. Its like I became lucid, but not. Something about the situation made me realize that what was happening wasn't real. Though I never had that 'oh wow im dreaming right now' moment. I just said to my self that somehow this wasn't real, and they cant hurt me. Next thing I know Im jumping off the surf board and swimming with these majestic creatures. Im boldly jumping out right in front of them, where we are face to face submerged in the water. As dreams will do, next thing I know Im in a completely different scene.

Next thing I remember for some strange reason Im running along side this cliff. It was a really long way down. I turn my attention to see the land scape on the other side when I catch a glimpse of my shadow. I had wings. Not angelic like wings, but more bat like. Im still running(why I have no Idea) when I decide it would be a good idea to jump right off the cliff. I did have wings after all. I have never been so good at flying in a dream. Im diving, rolling, passing through tight spaces like through tree branches and such. SO FUN. 

Then I come upon what looks like a little village. People were dressed like it was a time long ago. 18th century, maybe even before that. Next thing I knew I was standing in this alley. All the houses are like mud huts. This kid comes up to me with a British accent, maybe 12 years old, and asks me to turn him into a vampire. I look at him confused. He goes on to tell me how he is sick, and going to die soon, and that I could save him if I turned him. Thing was I didn't even know I was a vampire. So I thought, what the heck, Id take a whack at it. I did have bat wings after all. So Im about to bite this kid, when I notice a bunch of people standing at the end of the alley. They were setting me up with this kid to see if I was a vampire. So then it becomes the classic torches and pitch fork vampire hunt. I still had wings, but for some reason I couldn't fly anymore. So I start running from this crowd. Im genuinely scared for my life. I make it outta the town with the crowd beginning to gain ground on me. I run to the top of this hill, and on the other side there is a drop off that led to a stream. It had a old wooden bridge crossing the stream.

Though I knew I couldn't fly, I thought maybe I could still glide. If not the drop would kill me, but I figured it would be better then whatever these folks were gonna do to me. So I leap. To my delight Im able to glide. Im heading right for the stream. Figured that would be the softest landing. I dive into the water, and swim down a good distance. Once at the bottom I look up trying to figure what to do next. I was really deep, so I figured Id just stay right where I was till they left. Being a vampire, of course I didn't need to breath. That's where it ended.

Comments welcome. I was really curious what eightbits thought of it.

• Like 2

Great dream, maybe perhaps you should make it into a movie 

• Like 3

preacherman

When I saw that you'd posted a dream, I had to check it out. Then I saw this :) .

Apart from everything else, that not-lucid-but-aware-of-the-unreality was interesting. That may be something like the state of mind to cultivate for "active imagination," a kind of waking dreaming that Jung practiced (and used with his analysands-clients).

Anyway, Act I, the encounter with the killer whales, is a simply beautiful Shadow encounter. The ocean is a favorite dream image of the unconscious, as is a river, and there you are where a river meets the ocean. Scary things come up from the depths, but when they emerge into the field of consciousness, they turn out to be benign. That is Jungian Shadow dogma, that these scary contents should be made conscious, and then they can be constructive, not destructive.

I noticed that you're on a surfboard at the beginning, something artificial that keeps you afloat. The ocean is dangerous, both literally (the currents where rivers meet the ocean can be strong) and figuratively (people's conscious faculties can sometimes be overwhelmed by unconscious contents). I'd be curious what you think that surfboard might be referring to. (And once you've made your peace with the unconscious contents, you can do fine without it.)

Onto Act II: The flying dream. You're experienced with those already, I think. Nice touch that the wings are bat-like (a little reference to the Shadow again?).

And then a fully developed Act III: The encounter with the villagers. I need to think about this some more. Vampire is more Shadow stuff, and part of dealing with the Shadow is managing the social aspects (a lot of that stuff is anti-social).

The failure of a magic power is a motif (that you couldn't fly anymore when you needed to), but you could still glide, and that was all you needed. As I say, I need to think about that some more. (Part of why I comment on dreams is that I get the benefit and opportunity of the dream, almost as if I had dreamt it.)

Curtain: Finally, you end up back in the water, with one of the more usual adaptations, that you find no problem with breathing despite being underwater. You have integrated your waking self with the unconscious contents (and your thought is to associate that with the Shadow element, being a vampire).

The usual disclaimer, of course:

I don't interpret other people's dreams, but some dream motifs and characters are dreamt by many people, and I sometimes recognize those motifs and characters. I might be able to tell you what several people who have dreamt dreams like yours have thought about their dreams, but only you can decide whether that has anything to do with your personal dream.

That said, this is a museum-quality Jungian big dream. Even for you, well dreamt!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, eight bits said:

preacherman

When I saw that you'd posted a dream, I had to check it out. Then I saw this :) .

Of course. I only posted a handful of dreams over the years, but you have always had a way of really diving into them. Far as I'm concerned, when it comes to dreams, you are the guy. Good to know you wanted to read it as much as I wanted you to lol;):)

Apart from everything else, that not-lucid-but-aware-of-the-unreality was interesting. That may be something like the state of mind to cultivate for "active imagination," a kind of waking dreaming that Jung practiced (and used with his analysands-clients).

Anyway, Act I, the encounter with the killer whales, is a simply beautiful Shadow encounter. The ocean is a favorite dream image of the unconscious, as is a river, and there you are where a river meets the ocean. Scary things come up from the depths, but when they emerge into the field of consciousness, they turn out to be benign. That is Jungian Shadow dogma, that these scary contents should be made conscious, and then they can be constructive, not destructive.

I noticed that you're on a surfboard at the beginning, something artificial that keeps you afloat. The ocean is dangerous, both literally (the currents where rivers meet the ocean can be strong) and figuratively (people's conscious faculties can sometimes be overwhelmed by unconscious contents). I'd be curious what you think that surfboard might be referring to. (And once you've made your peace with the unconscious contents, you can do fine without it.)

Onto Act II: The flying dream. You're experienced with those already, I think. Nice touch that the wings are bat-like (a little reference to the Shadow again?).

And then a fully developed Act III: The encounter with the villagers. I need to think about this some more. Vampire is more Shadow stuff, and part of dealing with the Shadow is managing the social aspects (a lot of that stuff is anti-social).

The failure of a magic power is a motif (that you couldn't fly anymore when you needed to), but you could still glide, and that was all you needed. As I say, I need to think about that some more. (Part of why I comment on dreams is that I get the benefit and opportunity of the dream, almost as if I had dreamt it.)

Curtain: Finally, you end up back in the water, with one of the more usual adaptations, that you find no problem with breathing despite being underwater. You have integrated your waking self with the unconscious contents (and your thought is to associate that with the Shadow element, being a vampire).

The usual disclaimer, of course:

I don't interpret other people's dreams, but some dream motifs and characters are dreamt by many people, and I sometimes recognize those motifs and characters. I might be able to tell you what several people who have dreamt dreams like yours have thought about their dreams, but only you can decide whether that has anything to do with your personal dream.

That said, this is a museum-quality Jungian big dream. Even for you, well dreamt!

You know I became a little concerned after I read the bolded. Mostly cause its true. Obviously that wasn't a conscious decision, but a decision made none the less. I spent some time thinking about this before I responded. Im guessing its cause I spend so much time trying to help folks with bad sleep paralysis. So im always giving advice, and spending a lot of time trying to help people overcome their shadow. At least I hope that's it, lol. Once again you have knocked one outta the park eight. Thanks for your time.

• Like 1

On 28/9/2016 at 1:52 PM, preacherman76 said:

So, eight bits is a person??? ο,0

I was waiting comments like:

20 hours ago, eight bits said:

you've mamamade yoyoyour pepepeace wiwiwith the unconscious contents.....

Instead of that I saw a very interesting reply!

Very nice dream. With deep meanings for yourself. Now we know a small part of your personality! I'm not gonna analyze it. Most of the job is made from the above. 

• Like 2

Guys, I am sure am glad that, since my subconscious took control over my memory, I consciously subdued its dark side.

Hence, CC: preacherman76 and eight bits in regard to what the latter referred to as the former's "shadow element" being mentioned in

• Like 1