Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Carcharocles Megalodon

Sameerr

megalodon_by_sameerprehistorica-d4xh1bi.

The Megalodon is the largest shark that has ever existed. It is a fearsome killing machine and has the most powerful bite of any animal. It had a bite force of 108,514 N (24,390 lbf) - 182,201 N (40,960 lbf :o. The Megalodon is usually considered to be the most powerful predator in vertebrate history.

Megalodon had a very robust dentition and had a total of about 276 teeth in its jaws, spanning 5 rows.A large megalodon had jaws over 2.1 metres (7 ft) across.The largest known Megalodon tooth is about 7 3/8 inches in length.The largest confirmed great white shark teeth are less than 3 inches long.

Length : 40 to 60 feet
Weight : 50 tonnes +

Fossils have been found from many parts of the world, including Europe, Africa, both North and South America,as well as Puerto Rico, Cuba,Jamaica, the Canary Islands,Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Malta,the Grenadines and India.Also from regions far away from continental lands, such as the Mariana Trench in the Pacific Ocean.

(In the image,the most famous modern shark, the great white shark that looks like a child next to the gigantic megatooth shark.The great white sharks grow to an average of 15 - 16 feet (4.5 - 5 meters) in length and the largest of them gets to 20 feet (6 meters) and a weight of 1.9 to maximum 3.3 tonnes.)

(I mean, generally i am no great fan of predators but in my opinion, by far this shark is the greatest predator to have existed on this planet.It has a combination of size,strength and beauty.As for the shark coloration seen in the image,it is one of my few favorite colors and i wanted to see this shark in that color.)

Edited by Sameerr
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It's good to see you sharing your art with us again Sameer.

• Like 2

I shudder to think about the size of the tooth pick that shark must have used Sameer? ;)

• Like 2

On 9/30/2016 at 5:32 PM, oldrover said:

Sameerr, have you done any other reconstructions of extinct species?

Yes, previously i have done several reconstructions for extinct species.