Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Control of the selves

Wes4747

My fiance is the most energetic, happy, enthusiastic ray of sunshine I know. She is simply amazing. Nothing gets her down long, when bad things happen, she is affected tremendously, cries and moves forward quickly. Its remarkable. She has no problem walking away from long term friendships or relatives that do her wrong-though I see her deal with the pain, its just quick! And she is just as quick to forgive and move forward with the relationship.

Now, the pondering. How do we become like that?  A friend on MU turned me on to Zoroastrian teachings and though I'm very green to all of it, it seems do good, think good and feel good are at the heart of the subject matter. Is that it? Does she unconsciously live this philosophy? She laughs when I talk about theology or philosophy. She believes in a higher power-that simple.

We were talking about this last night and I began thinking-if we could conciously control our energy level, emotion and focus-there would be nothing we could not accomplish..

Thoughts?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Wes4747 said:

My fiance is the most energetic, happy, enthusiastic ray of sunshine I know. She is simply amazing. Nothing gets her down long, when bad things happen, she is affected tremendously, cries and moves forward quickly. Its remarkable. She has no problem walking away from long term friendships or relatives that do her wrong-though I see her deal with the pain, its just quick! And she is just as quick to forgive and move forward with the relationship.

Now, the pondering. How do we become like that?  A friend on MU turned me on to Zoroastrian teachings and though I'm very green to all of it, it seems do good, think good and feel good are at the heart of the subject matter. Is that it? Does she unconsciously live this philosophy? She laughs when I talk about theology or philosophy. She believes in a higher power-that simple.

We were talking about this last night and I began thinking-if we could conciously control our energy level, emotion and focus-there would be nothing we could not accomplish..

Thoughts?

I may sound very negative when I ask this but if she is healthy  why would she.not be energetic? 

Ray of sunshine - remember that is your perception of her measured against your experiences. So might be biased.

Have u known her long enough so that you can say it never bothers her again? In other words it doesn't resurface again?

So that being asked and you now think I am evil..I am not...

I believe that physical energy is just that, physical. If my body says no it ain't moving -so be it. The mind may be willing yet the body not. People will disagree and probably say that you can control the body with the mind.IMO.. Nope.

I do believe you can control your.emotion.  By Intellectual intervention.  Example.  Should have face palmed someone today. Intellectually decided to just let it go. Feelings subsided very quickly. If I acted on that impulse one person would have a bloody nose and I will be feeling bad right now. So yes I believe emotion can be controlled. 

That said focus can (IMO) be controlled as well. 

And I believe you can accomplish most..Let's face it I will never be taller...:)

44 minutes ago, Debstermania said:

I may sound very negative when I ask this but if she is healthy  why would she.not be energetic? 

Ray of sunshine - remember that is your perception of her measured against your experiences. So might be biased.

Have u known her long enough so that you can say it never bothers her again? In other words it doesn't resurface again?

So that being asked and you now think I am evil..I am not...

I believe that physical energy is just that, physical. If my body says no it ain't moving -so be it. The mind may be willing yet the body not. People will disagree and probably say that you can control the body with the mind.IMO.. Nope.

I do believe you can control your.emotion.  By Intellectual intervention.  Example.  Should have face palmed someone today. Intellectually decided to just let it go. Feelings subsided very quickly. If I acted on that impulse one person would have a bloody nose and I will be feeling bad right now. So yes I believe emotion can be controlled. 

That said focus can (IMO) be controlled as well. 

And I believe you can accomplish most..Let's face it I will never be taller...:)

Lol the ray of sunshine is feedback from everyone we know. And yes, when she's made a decision and dealt with it mentally, it is done. We've been together for quite a while now, I say this after being married 13 years to someone exactly the opposite.

Energy levels can be directly related to attitude. For instance- son, take out the trash- dad! I'm tired!! Or son, let's go swimming- and we play all afternoon.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wes4747 said:

Now, the pondering. How do we become like that?

Thoughts?

Everyone is different and you cannot realistically expect everyone to be like your fiance. It is not possible or feasible; granted there are things we can do to make ourselves more resilient to life's "little" curveballs and there are ways to moderate our outlook and emotional responses but in the end we cannot all be walls or endless rays of sunshine.

We all have different personalities so to try to be like someone else is, in the long-run, not even a healthy thing to do.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ryu said:

Everyone is different and you cannot realistically expect everyone to be like your fiance. It is not possible or feasible; granted there are things we can do to make ourselves more resilient to life's "little" curveballs and there are ways to moderate our outlook and emotional responses but in the end we cannot all be walls or endless rays of sunshine.

We all have different personalities so to try to be like someone else is, in the long-run, not even a healthy thing to do.

By that last statement, working out would be an unhealthy thing to do. 

Not trying to mimick, wondering if alterations in my perception could reap benefits of more energy...

Feeling good and being a pleasure to be around doesn't make us uniform, it would even help in our personal creativity.

• Like 1

Maybe I'm not explaining properly.

I used my fiance as a reference. I listed some qualities about her that stood out, and I wonder if these qualities are what give her this energy.

Be more forgiving, stand behind our decisions fully, be true to your own will and love others. Feel emotions fully and let them express naturally, no holding back.

Are these keys to boundless energy?

Furthermore, have you ever seen someone focused on the past, or mistakes, or reclusive have stores of energy??

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Some people are just wired to be annoying....I mean always positive. I guess some people have their happy chemicals hard wired in.

Lol I figured you would be on board with this-change your perception, change yourself.. We always change, see where I'm coming from?? 

Regardless, another experiment I shall try. Had no luck with the tulpa btw

Just now, Wes4747 said:

Lol I figured you would be on board with this-change your perception, change yourself.. We always change, see where I'm coming from?? 

Regardless, another experiment I shall try. Had no luck with the tulpa btw

Again we are all wired differently so you may never get your tulpa. So meh.

I do believe mentality plays a part in our energy levels, there are those who are bright eyed and bushy tailed who have boundless energy. So I think that in a way this does play a part in our activities. However I have been high energy and very determined when channeling anger, having a fired up libido (who doesn't), and sometimes I run off pure willpower. Actually I think I permanently run off willpower.

If someone is depressed they become low energy, so I guess it's all up to those emotions of ours. The only way to test this is when you have something you dread to do (like cut crass) look at it in a way that says "I can't want to get this done" in a positive manner. 

• Like 2

I think actually changing patterns of thinking is another way... Such as, being selective about what you allow yourself to think...

Not negatively judging others is a big one.. Criticism mixed with cynicism...

Operating with the view that the best can happen, and when it doesn't, keep rolling...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wes4747 said:

Operating with the view that the best can happen, and when it doesn't, keep rolling...

Expect the worst, hope for the best.

If the way you are is the way you think...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wes4747 said:

I used my fiance as a reference. I listed some qualities about her that stood out, and I wonder if these qualities are what give her this energy.

Be more forgiving, stand behind our decisions fully, be true to your own will and love others. Feel emotions fully and let them express naturally, no holding back.

Furthermore, have you ever seen someone focused on the past, or mistakes, or reclusive have stores of energy??

It is based on physical health and the flow of Chi or Ki , its also chemical balances , but they regulate with good energy flow.  Its also ...... well,  

'Do what thou wilt'   -   one gets inner satisfaction and happy contentment on a deep, even spiritual level, from fulfilling ones purpose, or even hunting down what that purpose is.

There are 'personality types and 'demenours'  , maybe carried by genetics ?    I am 'happy go lucky adventurous and alternative , but also outspoken and complaining of perceived injustices family isnt like me , except one Uncle that is a very close match to me and Grand pa  ( both gone now, so I the lobe black sheep ) 

Then there is the 'secret'  of   'Energized Enthusiasm'   have you ever been enflammed with a prohject, worked furiously through the night , unknowing until the Sun rose, usually a creative project. Energy seems boundless, you dont need or ant or even think of food, anyway, to eat would bring you down, the eyes are sparkling, alive !    Then there is also the 'yogic tantric side' of it  ..  http://hermetic.com/crowley/libers/lib811.html

15 minutes of 'dragon breath' in the morning can do it too  ( even cure a hangover ) - get that Chi pumping !   A lot also depends on a healty liver 

To your last question ...... < thinks >  .... hmmmmmm ....    no . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wes4747 said:

I would say, yes, partially.    Other things help ;   gratitude, appreciation .... just for being alive even . 

Great stuff ,  I would add 'healthfully' after the bolded 

some of them .

I guess I am probably the wrong person to talk about this, but what the hey, when it comes to these types of questions I would be at a loss to describe what anyone else can/could do. It's individual and as an individual I can only truely understand my own motivation, My work is me, it's my life, the things I build are my children, extensions of myself, I create an end and I am the means to that end, I just do what I have to to achieve that end.I don't really spend a lot of time thinking about it, to me it's just like walking from point A to point B. Maybe I'm just to simple minded about the way I live life.

jmccr8

• Like 1

1 hour ago, back to earth said:

BUT .... I note your title has a plural  

SELVES   .... interesting !  

Indeed-selves! Thanks for the insight, have to check out your vids tomorrow...

10 hours ago, Wes4747 said:

Lol the ray of sunshine is feedback from everyone we know. And yes, when she's made a decision and dealt with it mentally, it is done. We've been together for quite a while now, I say this after being married 13 years to someone exactly the opposite.

Energy levels can be directly related to attitude. For instance- son, take out the trash- dad! I'm tired!! Or son, let's go swimming- and we play all afternoon.

I am laughing so much right now. Yes, I see your example - take out the trash( ironically miles apart the duties seem the same..reactions as well)

Energy levels being influenced by attitude.  Goes deeper for me, cause although he is to tired to take out the trash he has enough energy to do what HE wants. So for me attitude doesn't influence energy levels as a standard, we simply choose 'what' we have energy for.I

• Like 1