Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trumps Tax Returns.

supervike

On 10/3/2016 at 10:15 AM, supervike said:

He never said that.

That's the claim now but it was in his book.  I think its obvious now he was born in Hawaii so maybe he didn't say that but maybe he did and someone is covering for him.  You really think he is above lying, I don't.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/booklet.asp

• Like 1

On 10/3/2016 at 2:29 PM, supervike said:

LIsten, I don't disagree at all.  

But, deflection does not make Donald a better candidate.

By not being Shrillary is what makes him a better candidate.  A good candidate?  Not really, but much superior to the current alternative.

• Like 1

Seems about the same time he took this deduction he was being praised for bringing his business back from the brink using tax laws many businesses have used including the Clinton's.  Even the New York Times didn't pay any taxes in 2014 using the same tax loophole.  Nothing illegal about any of this. 

Published: October 25, 1995

Though there are still four years to go in the 90's, business and government leaders in New York honored Donald J. Trump yesterday for pulling off what they called "the comeback of the decade."
After the collapse of the real estate market of the 1980's, Mr. Trump's company was left holding some $8.8 billion in debt, causing his personal net worth to drop to a low of about $1 billion in the red by 1991.

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/10/25/nyregion/crowning-the-comeback-king.html

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ashotep said:

That's the claim now but it was in his book.  I think its obvious now he was born in Hawaii so maybe he didn't say that but maybe he did and someone is covering for him.  You really think he is above lying, I don't.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthers/booklet.asp

Nah, I don't think he's above lying.  I just don't think this is the thing he's lying about.

Trump’s tax mystery points toward the dealings around his first bankruptcies

In 1995, Donald Trump was in the midst of a spending spree. He had recently bought a 727 jet for personal use, added a skyscraper to his Manhattan real estate portfolio and snapped up properties in Telluride, Colo., and Palm Beach, Fla., financial records show.That same year, he said he had negative $916 million in “federal adjusted gross income,” a claim that gave him the prospect of avoiding federal income taxes for years to come.

So how could he be thriving and avoiding taxes at the same time?

That’s the central mystery behind the state tax documents filed in New York by Trump for 1995 and disclosed this weekend by the New York Times. Unlike every major presidential nominee of the past 40 years, Trump has declined to release his tax returns. The 1995 documents offer the most penetrating information yet about Trump’s personal finances and revive long-standing questions about his business practices.

Read more: The Washington Post

• Like 1

When you are already rich, loosing money (in order to get even more money) isn't a big deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of dodging tax payments has anyone mentioned Trump's empty jewelry box scam? What an upstanding guy huh?

Back in 1986 and likely for many years before, Donald Trump colluded in tax evasion with Bulgari Jewelry Store in New York, a high-end posh location with tony clientele right out of Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. Here’s how the scam worked:

Trump would go into the store with his wife, his girlfriend, his…whatever (to use his vernacular). He would then buy her an expensive necklace or wristwatch. Normally, such a transaction would face the New York city and state sales tax, which would be pretty high on luxury jewelry.

In an illegal attempt to evade the tax, Trump “asked” the store to instead ship the jewelry to an out of state location, where no New York sales tax could be collected. In fact, the store would merely send an empty jewelry box to the location, while Trump and his lady friends walked out the door with the jewelry that very day.

The state and city tax collectors eventually caught onto this scheme, and Trump promptly testified against his erstwhile tax evasion colluding partners at the jewelry store in order to save his own skin.

source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/ryanellis/2016/03/08/donald-trump-and-the-empty-jewelry-box-tax-scam/#6146034d6aa7

• Like 1