Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NAD+ to make us live centuries?

Duke Wellington

Does anybody else here go on the Life Extension company website and read its forums?

It has been established over the last 10 years that if you inject mice with NAD+ (to increase the natural levels of NAD+ in their bodies) then it has a radical de-aging effect. A course of treatment lasting 5 days was enough to reduce the cellular age of those mice to a quarter of what it had been.

Guess what? Nope they haven't been injecting humans with this stuff yet but they've been doing something just as good. There is a rare form of vitamin B3 found in trance quantities in cows milk called Nicotinamide Riboside and it causes human cells to produce more NAD+. The first preliminary finds from human research were published a few months age showing the exact same effect in people who were being given this special vitamin B3 as a supplement. What is happening (from mice and human research) is that NAD+ repairs damaged mitochondria which are thought to be one of the leading causes of aging as damaged ones spew out free radicals.

You can buy a months supply of Nicotinamide Riboside off Amazon for as low as £25.00. Anybody elderly tried it? Please share if you have.

• Like 2

Same, mine arrives tomorrow.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/04/160428152124.htm

http://investors.chromadex.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=212121&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2147451 (to load this one copy into your http box)

http://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2014/11/the-youth-restoring-benefits-of-nad/page-01

'Studies have shown that nicotinamide riboside switches “off” the genes of aging, extends life span, increases endurance, improves cognitive function, activates sirtuins, and enhances cellular energy.3,43 These benefits add up to a system-wide slowing and reversal of certain aging processes. Nicotinamide riboside accomplishes this NAD+ boosting effect without the irritating skin flushing and rash caused by the standard forms of vitamin B3'

Edited by RabidMongoose

• 1 month later...

Ive been taking NR for a bit over a month and Ive noticed:

Improvements in skin condition, my skin was a lot dryer before the supplement,

Increased awareness,

More body in my hair,

Slight improvement in eyesight,

Increased energy,

Decreased appetite + 10kg weight loss, though I have been doing a lot of walking

Im age 56 and have been taking 500mg daily 

I don't want to live for centuries! I just wanna make it at least one more decade.

I did the course of NAD+ I brought.

What happened? Nothing much on the recommended dosage so I did some looking around to figure out the research on humans was done on a single 1 gram serving it. So I took 10 pills. And I notice effects from way more energy to looking younger. It wears off gradually when you stop but you done catch up back to your visable age. Its like I knocked 10+ years off.

On a more interesting note I notice news articles yesterday saying stitching young and old mice together makes the old one de-age and the young one age. And when they were injecting old mice with human blood plasma from human youngsters even that de-aged them.

I suspect we're on the verge of finding out that biological age is the result of hormone levels or nutrient levels in the blood.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jules99 said:

We have a lot of myths about immortal vampires which drink blood.

Wouldn't it be funny if the blood factor(s) that causes de-aging also survives stomach acid?

• Like 1