Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anyone here ride? As in, Bikes..?

Sakari

Just curious if any members here ride. Not dirt, street. Not around town, but really ride?

I have since I was 18, and recently went without a bike for 3 years. Killed me.....Now I have one again.

13256085_1201264309886007_2440913632106968520_n.jpg

• Like 3

Hey Sakari Nice ride! We miss you over on the college football thread come on over and talk some trash when you have a minute.

• Like 1

I rode for many years, loved it until I got too old. :lol:

2004: Custom soft tail, RevTech 120, Baker 5 speed.

12254921335_533c4c044c_o.jpg]

• Like 5

1 minute ago, -ZZ- said:

I rode for many years, loved it until I got too old. :lol:

2004: Custom soft tail, RevTech 120, Baker 5 speed.

12254921335_533c4c044c_o.jpg]

Nice! ....You're never to old !

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Sakari said:

Nice! ....You're never to old !

You're right of course, truth is we were moving and I needed the money. Just another regret I have.:unsure:

• Like 2

Just now, -ZZ- said:

You're right of course, truth is we were moving and I needed the money. Just another regret I have.:unsure:

Thats what I did a little over 3 years ago....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sakari said:

Just curious if any members here ride. Not dirt, street. Not around town, but really ride?

I have since I was 18, and recently went without a bike for 3 years. Killed me.....Now I have one again.

13256085_1201264309886007_2440913632106968520_n.jpg

I can see it now...all the way up 666 to Alpine! (yes, I've been there)B) The twistiest road in America!

Great places to ride around your parts.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, -ZZ- said:

I can see it now...all the way up 666 to Alpine! (yes, I've been there)B) The twistiest road in America!

Great places to ride around your parts.

I work at Morenci :)
Alpine is nice. Show low, etc.

Just finished a week long trip in Sedona/Flagstaff/Grand Canyon....

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sakari said:

I work at Morenci :)
Alpine is nice. Show low, etc.

Just finished a week long trip in Sedona/Flagstaff/Grand Canyon....

Cool, we lived in Pinetop for a couple of years. Had to drive up the road a few miles to Show Low for Walmart. lol

Man, you don't mess around! How about highway 60? Awesome trip.

Edited by -ZZ-

8 minutes ago, -ZZ- said:

Cool, we lived in Pinetop for a couple of years. Had to drive up the road a few miles to Show Low for Walmart. lol

Man, you don't mess around! How about highway 60? Awesome trip.

Not 60 yet.....Going to rainbow lake November, Pike fishing...rented a cabin.

• Like 1

I had one when I was 19 , I had the bright idea Im going to ride this thing to college and I am going to save so much gas and all the girls

will think I am hott but I soon found out no girl likes to get wet if it started raining while out on a date and fussing all the timer about her hair .

Bugs are another bad thing to deal with , not very much room form groceries . I sold it not long after I fot it and got me a little sharp looking sports car.

BTW those are some nice looking bikes 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Darkenpath25 said:

I had one when I was 19 , I had the bright idea Im going to ride this thing to college and I am going to save so much gas and all the girls

will think I am hott but I soon found out no girl likes to get wet if it started raining while out on a date and fussing all the timer about her hair .

Bugs are another bad thing to deal with , not very much room form groceries . I sold it not long after I fot it and got me a little sharp looking sports car.

BTW those are some nice looking bikes 

Takes a special woman to enjoy bikes.....And, they are KEEPERS!

• Like 3

My last bike was an 02 883 sportster, smallest I ever owned- not a bad ride. 

Almost time to get my next!! Thinking of going dyna glide

Edited by Wes4747
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Wes4747 said:

My last bike was an 02 883 sportster, smallest I ever owned- not a bad ride. 

Almost time to get my next!! Thinking of going dyna glide

Do It !

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I live next to a highway, and every summer there's a ride (Harley's) for St. Jude Children's Hospital in Memphis, Tn. There's probably 200 or more pass down the highway toward Memphis. A continuous loud rumble of thunder! It's great to watch them go by.

I almost bought a Sportster once $2800, but passed as it needed a lot of work. I wouldn't have minded working on it, but at the time I didn't have much free time. I should have bought it, though as a longer term project. I've owned several Honda's (I know they don't count! :) ).

I had a strange Honda 450 automatic (2-speed) once I bought on a whim from a neighbor. It was like new, looked like miniature Harley. I rode that just for amusement for a couple of months, then bought an '82 Honda V45, 45 cu in V4 engine. In the early '80s it was the fasted road bike made. Got it up to 145mph one day on the interstate just to see what it would do.

Very complex engine. According to the book, it took an average of 6 hours just to remove the engine from the frame, as I remember. The book said take your time, it'll take you prob an hour to remove the carbs and pull them out from between the V  before even thinking about pulling the engine. Said many Honda dealers refused to work on these bikes, or charged $1200 just to remove the engine.

It was great to ride, took several long road trips on it. Sold it one day thinking I'd buy something else, but never did regretfully, got interested in other things in life. There's nothing like riding, I miss the experience. 

Now I'm too old to ride confidently any more. Jay Leno's Garage on Youtube feature some videos of old and obscure bikes that are interesting to watch.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StarMountainKid said:

I live next to a highway, and every summer there's a ride (Harley's) for St. Jude Children's Hospital in Memphis, Tn. There's probably 200 or more pass down the highway toward Memphis. A continuous loud rumble of thunder! It's great to watch them go by.

I almost bought a Sportster once $2800, but passed as it needed a lot of work. I wouldn't have minded working on it, but at the time I didn't have much free time. I should have bought it, though as a longer term project. I've owned several Honda's (I know they don't count! :) ).

I had a strange Honda 450 automatic (2-speed) once I bought on a whim from a neighbor. It was like new, looked like miniature Harley. I rode that just for amusement for a couple of months, then bought an '82 Honda V45, 45 cu in V4 engine. In the early '80s it was the fasted road bike made. Got it up to 145mph one day on the interstate just to see what it would do.

Very complex engine. According to the book, it took an average of 6 hours just to remove the engine from the frame, as I remember. The book said take your time, it'll take you prob an hour to remove the carbs and pull them out from between the V  before even thinking about pulling the engine. Said many Honda dealers refused to work on these bikes, or charged $1200 just to remove the engine.

It was great to ride, took several long road trips on it. Sold it one day thinking I'd buy something else, but never did regretfully, got interested in other things in life. There's nothing like riding, I miss the experience. 

Now I'm too old to ride confidently any more. Jay Leno's Garage on Youtube feature some videos of old and obscure bikes that are interesting to watch.

A bike is a bike....I ride a Kawasaki with vance and hines pipes.

That bike ( pictured earlier ) brand new is around $15,000. Fir a Harley, same style bike....$22,000 plus.

Harleys can not get as many miles on engine, and I personally can not pay that much just for the name.

Like I said, a bike is a bike, no one cares what kind it is anymore.

• Like 1

Trump cares ... sorry ... but it will make a difference .... so if you guys wanna get a bike you better get one quick before they start adding the 'trickle' on the prices ..

~

• 4 weeks later...

My next door neighbor had a Harley, one of the really nicest ones I've seen. He was 84 years old and still rode. Anyway, once he'd start his bike, it would start and run for about a minute and quit and not start again. After a while it would start again but quit again. It was frustrating.

He took it to two motorcycle dealers and they couldn't figure out what was wrong. Finally he took it to another mechanic who told him his battery in his remote key was almost dead. Put another battery in his remote key and the problem was solved.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...