Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scary picture

Ziggy_BE

Hello,

First of all I'm not a believer in these pictures but yesterday I got a shocked sister on the line. The uncle of her boyfriend made a picture of his friend while holding a fish.

In the trees you can clearly see a figure of woman hanging. At first sight it looked clearly fake to me and made with an app or something. Strange part is that his uncle doesn't know anything about apps or computers to edit pictures. To make matters worse, he lost his son because he hung himself and his sister is dieing right now. Why should he joke about it? He was also clearly in shock when he saw it.

Now I want to know if someone knows this app to edit this picture in this way. We already tried 6 on the Android Store and none of them displayed the ghost in this way.

Even though we may probably be wrong. It is pretty disturbing no matter. Maybe he made it because he has psychological issues. This is not meant as a joke or to mock this community.

If the guy produced this as a joke. There is something definitely wrong in his head.

Picture found here: http://imgur.com/gallery/Lpgft

It definitely looks fake. I don't know if he made it or if someone else did it. But it can be easily done with Photoshop, but it would have to be someone who knows how to use the program.

This is just another Ghost of a girl, which resembles a character from the movie "The Ring".

She had been apparently hung but there's no rope. So, as an alternative the Ghost image was placed in a certain way, that the tree branch would act as a somewhat rope.

Definitely a Ghost image obviously related to an App.

Edited by Hudds

You don't need to know anything about computers or editing photographs to use ghost apps.  It does all the work for you.

Open the app on your phone, choose one of your photos, choose the ghost from one of the available ghosts, place it in the photo and hey presto! you've got yourself a ghost pic.

And "creepy girl with long hair" is one of the typical clichéd ghosts you get in these apps.

edit: I see SecretSanta has just provided the damning evidence.

Edited by JesseCuster
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Ziggy_BE said:

Hello,

First of all I'm not a believer in these pictures but yesterday I got a shocked sister on the line. The uncle of her boyfriend made a picture of his friend while holding a fish.

In the trees you can clearly see a figure of woman hanging. At first sight it looked clearly fake to me and made with an app or something. Strange part is that his uncle doesn't know anything about apps or computers to edit pictures. To make matters worse, he lost his son because he hung himself and his sister is dieing right now. Why should he joke about it? He was also clearly in shock when he saw it.

Now I want to know if someone knows this app to edit this picture in this way. We already tried 6 on the Android Store and none of them displayed the ghost in this way.

Even though we may probably be wrong. It is pretty disturbing no matter. Maybe he made it because he has psychological issues. This is not meant as a joke or to mock this community.

If the guy produced this as a joke. There is something definitely wrong in his head.

Picture found here: http://imgur.com/gallery/Lpgft

Ziggy_BE, given that you have very quickly been shown where this image came from, I think it would now be appropriate for you to take the information and the *proof* that this was faked, directly back to the source and fully expose and confront them, in the company of your sister and anyone else who was the 'victim' of the hoax attempt.  Please let us know what transpires, and indeed ask them to bravely join UM and come and explain why they did this.

If your story is true, it's a very, very low thing to do, especially if your sister is perhaps young/naïve - if this scammer was going to be part of my extended family, there would be some strong words exchanged about a full apology and a promise that such behavior would never be repeated.  In fact I doubt if there would be much the guy could say that would excuse this...

• Like 6

It really disgusts me of the backing claims people come up with of the person who actually taken image, in hope that it'll add some weight!

Edited by Hudds

4 minutes ago, Hudds said:

It really disgusts me of the backing claims people come up with of the person who actually taken image, in hope that it'll add some weight!

I don't want to excuse the OP of being a liar, but I've seen several posts with the same theme - a blatantly faked ghost pic is posted with what look like standard pre-rolled excuses, the person who took the picture is the most honest person ever and would never lie or fake anything like this, or they recently lost a loved one and would never joke about the spirits of the deceased like this, or they don't know anything about computers or Photoshop and can't edit pics to create a fake, etc.

As a result, I can't help but be suspicious when I read posts like the OP.

Apologies to the OP for saying that if it's a genuine story, but after a while I can't help but roll my eyes and adopt a cynical attitude toward these kind of things.

• Like 3

I think the reply, if any, will reveal the intent.  What say you, OP?

• Like 1

BTW, Ziggy, how exactly did it transpire that you got the image file?  It doesn't seem to be posted anywhere else, and technically, if it isn't yours, you shouldn't be posting it... I trust he gave permission?

Ya know what they say about 2 wrongs...

• Like 1

Thanks for the backup guys, I don't really mind if people think I did this to troll or something. Just wanted to make sure which app was used.

We'll confront the person with the app. I think making these kind of pictures while your own son hung himself, tells something about how psychologically ill someone can be after such an event.

Somewhere I was pretty sure it was fake but you never know.

EDIT: I got the picture directly from the family and brushed out the face only. 

Edited by Ziggy_BE
  • Like 2

Just now, Ziggy_BE said:

Thanks for the backup guys, I don't really mind if people think I did this to troll or something. Just wanted to make sure which app was used.

We'll confront the person with the app. I think making these kind of pictures while your own son hung himself, tells something about how psychologically ill someone can be after such an event.

Somewhere I was pretty sure it was fake but you never know.

Appreciate that you returned, don't forget to come back and tell us what transpires......

• Like 1

*Shakes the magic 8 ball* All signs point to fake.

These kind of photographs make a mockery out of genuine ghost photography. It really peeves me off how many of these "add-a-ghost" apps are out there.

• Like 1

There's no point getting angry with fakery.  It's been there since the dawn of humanity and earlier - maybe it's a little easier these days, but that, in my opinion, is a good thing..  ..From the point of view that *finally* people are becoming aware that you can't just look at one aspect of a 'mystery', be it a photograph, an EVP, or whatever.  You need to consider all the evidence and the story and the provenance..

If anything doesn't add up, then don't ignore the maths...

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, AustinHinton said:

*Shakes the magic 8 ball* All signs point to fake.

These kind of photographs make a mockery out of genuine ghost photography. It really peeves me off how many of these "add-a-ghost" apps are out there.

Oh gosh, they are meant to be fun and spooky. The digital version of "your face here" boards or "put in floral/christmas border" apps. It's just the spooky version. Does it poke fun at spooky too? Darn skippy it does. Just like making bobbleheads out of politicians or cat and puppy dog faces out of people is poking fun. I don't think it's really meant as seriously as to make a mockery out of more genuine and serious attempts to photograph paranormal things. Though some folks do push it that far too.

I think it's a good thing that people, particularly newer people that don't know about this come to UM and ask. I always try to take every newbs post with a positive eye. Because there are indeed a lot of folks that ignorantly or naively think something is weird. And even though some of us have seen it a billion times, it might be new to them, new enough to try to find out more.

I think it's good when the straight up hoaxers do it too, because it keeps us fresh and interested in what's going on in that area of ghost lore. Skeptics and iconoclasts get jaded and sometimes too start becoming ignorant because they are so used to the same route answers, questions, and debates.

But perhaps this particular segment of off topic discussion might be better left off for another thread and day.

Back on topic.. I think it is great that we were able to help Ziggy figure out what exactly was going on in that photo. And it was done in a nice, concise manner :tu: Good job folks! I hope Ziggy checks back in with us and gives us a follow up soon :)

• Like 2