Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Bigfoot' picked up on live eagle nest webcam

UM-Bot

5 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Both Beulah and Traverse City are in the Lower Peninsula. I'm guessing you meant to type LP, not UP. :tu:

Yes, I meant to type pretty far north in the LP. That was my typo.  But over there on the lake is supposed to be a bigfoot area- it's probably because of all the forest around there. Maybe BF likes to take in Pure Michigan from the beach, lol.

• Like 2

Whatever it was it looked pretty clumsy in the way it walked. I think it was a human.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2016 at 10:22 AM, Calibeliever said:

I'd love to see some good image analysis of this video. We also can't rule out that the person in question knew the camera was there and is purposely hoaxing us.

That was my thought too. When the figure first appears, it's almost looks like it stops and looks up to make sure it's in line of sight with the camera. (And there's only the one small area where it is from the ground.)

3 hours ago, Oniomancer said:

That was my thought too. When the figure first appears, it's almost looks like it stops and looks up to make sure it's in line of sight with the camera. (And there's only the one small area where it is from the ground.)

There is also the possibility that whatever it was, man or beast, was looking up at the chattering eagles. 

1 hour ago, Black Monk said:

Good to see yet more evidence.

Erm, that is the main page article of this topic. It's the same thing in post #1, when you click on the comments section of that article, it takes you to this topic. It's not more evidence, sorry.

• Like 2

People still collect eagle feathers for various reasons. Below an eagle's nest, in addition to eagle feathers, you can sometimes find hawk, heron, and other bird remains as well as mammal bits. That would be one reason for someone to search out an eagle nest. Illegal hunting is another. Being on camera might be a third. I am voting for a human origin to the image.

On 9/29/2016 at 2:41 AM, UM-Bot said:

A live feed from an eagle's nest in Michigan has recorded a mysterious figure wandering around below.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/299342/bigfoot-picked-up-on-live-eagle-nest-webcam

Moves like a guy in a gorilla suit.  I love how the "bigfoot" also lingers where the camera picks up in the background, fiddling with stuff nonchalantly.  The subject acts as if it knows just where the camera is picking up beyond the nest.  Then it jumps like a human.  Looks like a human male about early 20s, fit, out to pull a prank. 

Edited by SSilhouette

7 hours ago, Black Monk said:

Good to see yet more evidence.

May I ask what is your definition of evidence?

22 hours ago, Sundew said:

There is also the possibility that whatever it was, man or beast, was looking up at the chattering eagles. 

Perhaps, he was looking up to see if he was standing in view of the correct tree where the camera is fixed?

Maybe it looks up because it can hear the birds. Funny how many hunters wear all black out there according to the comments!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dyna said:

Maybe it looks up because it can hear the birds. Funny how many hunters wear all black out there according to the comments!

Yeah, definitely not a hunter.  But most likely a wildlife student affiliated with the study of the birds in the nest.  Privy to the location, which tree, etc.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dyna said:

I believe many do go out in black, when they are scouting... before hunting season. Most hunting seasons for deer begin in the fall, around October.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hudds said:

Perhaps, he was looking up to see if he was standing in view of the correct tree where the camera is fixed?

I wonder if this is a Web-Cam? If it is, then perhaps the person saw it online and went to take a look, or to purposefully make some kind of bigfoot video?

EDIT: Yeah, it is a live feed camera. No one home at the moment.

http://www.carbontv.com/cams/carbontv-eagle-cam

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I wonder if this is a Web-Cam? If it is, then perhaps the person saw it online and went to take a look, or to purposefully make some kind of bigfoot video?

EDIT: Yeah, it is a live feed camera. No one home at the moment.

http://www.carbontv.com/cams/carbontv-eagle-cam

Definitely a Web-Cam. Good work, DieChecker!

I agree, he perhaps seen the eagle cam online and then decided to go the location, to maybe purposefully make a somewhat Bigfoot video. Perhaps for a laugh, and to startle watchers or for whatever reason.

This maybe could explain the reason why he looked up at the camera's location, and then attempted to act how he assumed Bigfoot would in a forest or woods etc.

Edited by Hudds
  • Like 2

On 9/29/2016 at 5:16 AM, Talion78 said:

A black blob does not a big foot make.

Really?

It kinda seems to be its defining feature.

• Like 3

Thats Geoffrey, local nutcase, running away and hiding from the police helicopter. 

i would love this to be true, just seems a bit convenient how ' it' stops right in view, seems to look up and then pauses again before going out of shot. I'm surprised 'it' didn't pick up a stick and do a knock on that tree 'it' pauses by... if only it were real proof..

Thisd must be quite a mystery to couch potatoes living in their parent's basement. Why would anyone go out for a stroll in the woods and be interested in the natural environment as the person in the video appears to be? Why not sit back with a sugary soda and oily potato chips and label mundane events as mysterious?

Seriously, where is the mystery? Why is this a "mysterious figure"?