Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How Do I Physically Remove Bluetooth® 4.0 ?

ExpandMyMind

Trying to find out how I can remove the bluetooth from my netbook. I've tried uninstalling the software, but every time I reconnect to a network it automatically reinstalls the drivers. Anyone with some computer savvy know how to remove the actual Bluetooth® 4.0 adapter from my motherboard?

Physically Remove? Really.....

How to remove it electronically, I haven't got a clue. Just posting because I'm a smart alec.

Not sure how the netbook is constructed or what brand and make but a fair guess is its incorporated on the board ... the must be a switch where you can flip to disable it in any case ~

Check the manual ... it should be under along the section with WiFi Network ... normally on the many models I've seen there is a switch along the sides where you can physically set it to an 'off' position ~

good luck ~ otherwise just right click option it to 'disable this device' if on any Windows OS ...

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Physically Remove? Really.....

How to remove it electronically, I haven't got a clue. Just posting because I'm a smart alec.

:D I'm not sure what the smart Alec part of your post is supposed to be? Is there something wrong with the term 'physically remove' or something? It's the physical act of removing the actual hardware I was referring to, rather than the act of removing the software.

Edited by ExpandMyMind

Oh, do you mean to actually unsolder the blue tooth emitter/receiver? I don't know how to do that either, but I guess it physically could be done. Not sure if that would clear up your issue though. My suspicion is that your operating system is what re-installs it, and probably would regardless of if the physical hardware is there or not.

There are ways to uninstall the drivers permanently, or you can also just block the drivers from running on startup.

What exactly is it that you are wanting to achieve? I wouldn't suggest anything physical, unless you have no warranty, or don't care about it and the risk of killing your MOBO.

41 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Oh, do you mean to actually unsolder the blue tooth emitter/receiver? I don't know how to do that either, but I guess it physically could be done. Not sure if that would clear up your issue though. My suspicion is that your operating system is what re-installs it, and probably would regardless of if the physical hardware is there or not.

Yeah, though I was expecting it to be as simple as removing the wifi adapter. No soldering required. Yeah, it's definitely Windows 10 that reinstalls it automatically. Really bloody annoying.

27 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

There are ways to uninstall the drivers permanently, or you can also just block the drivers from running on startup.

What exactly is it that you are wanting to achieve? I wouldn't suggest anything physical, unless you have no warranty, or don't care about it and the risk of killing your MOBO.

How can I uninstall it permanently? I have experience working with computers (adding ram, removing wifi adapter, cleaning the processor, etc), but I just don't know where the bluetooth hardware is located on the motherboard, what it looks like or maybe even if it's built in to the wifi.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Yeah, though I was expecting it to be as simple as removing the wifi adapter. No soldering required. Yeah, it's definitely Windows 10 that reinstalls it automatically. Really bloody annoying.

How can I uninstall it permanently? I have experience working with computers (adding ram, removing wifi adapter, cleaning the processor, etc), but I just don't know where the bluetooth hardware is located on the motherboard, what it looks like or maybe even if it's built in to the wifi.

It's probably built into the motherboard. Are you just wanting people close-by to not be able to access your bluetooth? It really depends on why you don't want it.
Post your specs and the specific reason you want to disable it and we should be able to find a reasonably simple solution.

47 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

It's probably built into the motherboard. Are you just wanting people close-by to not be able to access your bluetooth? It really depends on why you don't want it.
Post your specs and the specific reason you want to disable it and we should be able to find a reasonably simple solution.

Lenovo 100S and the reason is that I want my laptop to be unable to access any networks at all.

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

~

Not recommended and I should say that will cause more trouble than its worth ... most likely you'd be swamped with Windows Error messages with hardware not found or hardware not responding on top of device searching time outs ... Windows WILL look for it even when its not physically there or if the drivers are blocked from installing ... that's how Plug n Play works ... like or love it or hate or detest it ...

Microsoft recommends right click and disabling the device which I agree is the best option here ... have you check for the switch from the manual ?

Just toggle the switch and its as good as not ever been there before or on your netbook anymore ... don't even have to disable or uninstall the drivers ... like I said uninstalling the drivers will make Windows OS go zealot trying to figure out what is wrong with Dr Watson ... trouble shooting because its defaulted to treating you like an idiot user ... 

I'd google the manual for you but my end of the internet is very slow today due to the breaking news involving the MH17 tragedy ... its choking up my 3G connection ~

~

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, third_eye said:

~

Not recommended and I should say that will cause more trouble than its worth ... most likely you'd be swamped with Windows Error messages with hardware not found or hardware not responding on top of device searching time outs ... Windows WILL look for it even when its not physically there or if the drivers are blocked from installing ... that's how Plug n Play works ... like or love it or hate or detest it ...

Microsoft recommends right click and disabling the device which I agree is the best option here ... have you check for the switch from the manual ?

Just toggle the switch and its as good as not ever been there before or on your netbook anymore ... don't even have to disable or uninstall the drivers ... like I said uninstalling the drivers will make Windows OS go zealot trying to figure out what is wrong with Dr Watson ... trouble shooting because its defaulted to treating you like an idiot user ... 

I'd google the manual for you but my end of the internet is very slow today due to the breaking news involving the MH17 tragedy ... its choking up my 3G connection ~

~

I removed the wifi adaptor from a previous Netbook and none of those things happened.

Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

I removed the wifi adaptor from a previous Netbook and none of those things happened.

When you say removed here you mean you detached it from a PCI slot or you soldered out the block on the mother board ?

~

26 minutes ago, third_eye said:

When you say removed here you mean you detached it from a PCI slot or you soldered out the block on the mother board ?

~

Detached, but not sure if it was a PCI slot. It was attached by something that looks similar to a tiny ethernet plug. No soldering.

6 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Detached, but not sure if it was a PCI slot. It was attached by something that looks similar to a tiny ethernet plug. No soldering.

Well that's the difference ... that was an option and bundled device ... the motherboard drivers will not locate that if the slot is empty ... if its part of the motherboard and you mess with that the motherboard drivers will nag about not finding it as its part and parcel of the whole motherboard ... and Windows will keep telling you something is wrong with your notebook , because that's what the drivers were designed to do ...

Anyhow I don't know much more than this to be of any help ... good luck

~

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Well that's the difference ... that was an option and bundled device ... the motherboard drivers will not locate that if the slot is empty ... if its part of the motherboard and you mess with that the motherboard drivers will nag about not finding it as its part and parcel of the whole motherboard ... and Windows will keep telling you something is wrong with your notebook , because that's what the drivers were designed to do ...

Anyhow I don't know much more than this to be of any help ... good luck

~

Thanks for the info mate. Much appreciated.

• Like 1

I keep the new device toy thingy that's on the market for screwing around but when it comes to matters of importance I stockpiled a variety of vintage mobile phones that are pre-smart phone era. Low tech is safe. These new phones are like Swiss cheese, so many holes and back doors you'll never lock the hackers out. My phone doesn't even got a camera or internet access. I can't be hacked. And that is worth more than gizmos, gadgets and other sparkly things.