Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Catholic Church: 'exorcists in urgent demand'

UM-Bot

On 08/10/2016 at 8:47 AM, Zenith said:

You know what I don't get. If demonic possessions are so rare, then why the need for more exorcists?

It's about control, IMHO.  The need for exorcists suggests an impending danger to the masses, of demonic possessions.  Religion is dying.  The Catholic Church is a business. Fear is the commodity. 

• Like 1

This isn't really surprising. Exorcism goes back and forth in terms of popularity. The Church kinda facepalms on the whole, but then you have these die-hard types that you basically have to patronize in order to keep priests. Let them gather and commiserate and then go off and bless the more superstitious folks, and at least you have someone to say morning Mass. Provided you can get anybody in the pews that isn't ready to kick the bucket next week (but then at least those folks often write the Church into their wills). 

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mystic Crusader said:

1fwgo2.jpg

Make sure your clothes aren't especially flammable?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

This isn't really surprising. Exorcism goes back and forth in terms of popularity. The Church kinda facepalms on the whole, but then you have these die-hard types that you basically have to patronize in order to keep priests. Let them gather and commiserate and then go off and bless the more superstitious folks, and at least you have someone to say morning Mass. Provided you can get anybody in the pews that isn't ready to kick the bucket next week (but then at least those folks often write the Church into their wills). 

I agree with you in principle, but exorcism is endorsed by the Vatican. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-makes-exorcisms-official-catholic-practice-as-demon-fighting-priests-recognised-under-9580727.html

http://www.ibtimes.com/pope-francis-exorcism-how-hes-brought-practice-back-modern-catholic-church-1884000

• Like 1

On 12/17/2016 at 9:00 PM, The Butler said:

Well, they would have to, wouldn't they? The whole system is based on reward and punishment. Regardless of how many educated church officials know it's bogus, the parishioners can't. What  else is gonna get them in the pews? And if you have parishioners who buy in, you have to at least have some priests buying in or pretending to.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 2

religion dislikes exorcist it is tangling with alien mischief.my friend had a confrontasion with a succubus a alien named in the ,while is girlfriend had a incubus in her bed,but now my friend as a CAT S 60 thermal imaging camera phone it as 9 thermal imaging settings. he needs no priest science is tec using Quarts crystals in tecnoligy

39 minutes ago, mystick julie said:

religion dislikes exorcist it is tangling with alien mischief.my friend had a confrontasion with a succubus a alien named in the ,while is girlfriend had a incubus in her bed,but now my friend as a CAT S 60 thermal imaging camera phone it as 9 thermal imaging settings. he needs no priest science is tec using Quarts crystals in tecnoligy

So your buddy and his GF both had naughty dreams and think it's some demon.<_<Seriously. Who you trying to sell those thermal cameras too?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, mystick julie said:

I'm sure in your mind, the CAT S 60 thermal imaging camera phone with 9 thermal imaging settings is somehow relevant...to not only this discussion about the rise in exorcists within the Catholic Church, but also to a discussion about a scientific theory regarding dark matter. 

The rest us are left scratching our heads about it, though, because the camera phone actually isn't relevant to either discussion. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It also get's rid of aliens as well apparently.:rolleyes:

Yes, apparently. And aliens aren't relevant to this discussion, either. Neither are aliens you can see with a FLIR relevant to the other one about dark matter. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Well if I could get a job getting rid of imaginary demons where all I'd have to do is put on a show, I'd do it.

Xeno in full Ghostbusters gear. You need one of those cool traps. 

• Like 2

Just now, XenoFish said:

q3cUnBI.png

• Like 2

On 12/17/2016 at 5:23 PM, ChaosRose said:
On 12/17/2016 at 5:09 PM, Mystic Crusader said:

1fwgo2.jpg

On 12/17/2016 at 5:23 PM, ChaosRose said:

Make sure your clothes aren't especially flammable?

I agree with you in principle, but exorcism is endorsed by the Vampire.

7 minutes ago, MWoo7 said:

The what who?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MWoo7 said:

That guy is a character from Poltergeist 2. He was a preacher who locked his followers up in a cave, claiming the end of the world was coming. When it didn't, he set everyone on fire, including himself. There were no vampires involved. 

• Like 1

Funnzies, a joke, you know just for fun, yes I saw the movie. It was like this:::: I'd logged in, quickly scanned, thought [The Butler]  said vampire instead of vatican and thus humor was born!

1 minute ago, MWoo7 said:

Funnzies, a joke, you know just for fun, yes I saw the movie. It was like this:::: I'd logged in, quickly scanned, thought [The Butler]  said vampire instead of vatican and thus humor was born!

LOL...that explains it. I was like...how did you make this vampire connection? I was racking my brain trying to imagine where it came from. 

• Like 1

hahaha I SECOND THAT ! TOO FUNNY CHAOSROSE"" LOL...that explains it. I was like...how did you make this vampire connection?"

• 3 months later...

A good read is anything from Father Malachi Martin. He use to be a Vatican Exorcist till he started complaining about the changes in the Vatican that helps the interests of the Satanic. Most of his books are non-fiction. He did write Windswept House as fiction, about the Vatican solidifying their pact with Lucifer by performing a ritual in the 1970 in St. Peters. Let's just say that book and him calling out on the hypocricy of the Vatican ended his "Vatican Approved" Exorcist title. There aren't a shortage of Exorcists since there aren't many true possessions to demand more, most of them are NOT Vatican approved because they call out the Vatican on their falsities. On a side note, on an interview he admitted Windswept House is actually true, but he knew he wouldn't survive long (or the book for that matter) if he stated it when it came out. That just happened to be the last interview he gave. Soon after he had an accident in the bathroom and cracked his head open. 

• Like 1

On 4/18/2017 at 11:03 AM, Monzaria said:

A good read is anything from Father Malachi Martin. He use to be a Vatican Exorcist till he started complaining about the changes in the Vatican that helps the interests of the Satanic. Most of his books are non-fiction. He did write Windswept House as fiction, about the Vatican solidifying their pact with Lucifer by performing a ritual in the 1970 in St. Peters. Let's just say that book and him calling out on the hypocricy of the Vatican ended his "Vatican Approved" Exorcist title. There aren't a shortage of Exorcists since there aren't many true possessions to demand more, most of them are NOT Vatican approved because they call out the Vatican on their falsities. On a side note, on an interview he admitted Windswept House is actually true, but he knew he wouldn't survive long (or the book for that matter) if he stated it when it came out. That just happened to be the last interview he gave. Soon after he had an accident in the bathroom and cracked his head open. 

Thanks for this. I was vaguely aware of him in the 90's but my interest is piqued again. I'll be reading these soon.