Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Catholic Church: 'exorcists in urgent demand'

UM-Bot

kinda funny that this comes up now that the new T.V. show The Exorcist is airing

• Like 4

Demonic possession is one way to explain the crazy thing going on in the world I suppose.

• Like 4

I'll do it! Do they drug screen?

• Like 2

Pretty sad theres an international association of excorsists and they have a psychologist that isnt qualified enough to realise theyre nuts. A team of psycologists would stand a better chance of curing these possesed persons perhaps....

• Like 3

My english teacher was the priest from the movie exorcist, Fr. Omally a jesuit. To the church, exorcisms and possesion are very real, but very rare. This seems to be fear mongering meant to increase clergy ranks.

• Like 1

Satan or the devil are very real, we just dont know what the full nature of evil is. Same with witchcraft, very scary ****, anyone denying it is simply ignorant to it, the devil's greatest trick is the idea the devil isnt real.

• Like 1

Im very familiar with both, psychology is as suedo as demonolgy, ask any psychiatrist or psychologist.

Edited by grimsituation6
  • Like 1

This thread is doing my head in already ! I gotta go !

Image result for hands over ears gif

12 minutes ago, grimsituation6 said:

Satan or the devil are very real, we just dont know what the full nature of evil is. Same with witchcraft, very scary ****, anyone denying it is simply ignorant to it, the devil's greatest trick is the idea the devil isnt real.

So you've practiced witchcraft or are you making a statement out of ignorance? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, grimsituation6 said:

Satan or the devil are very real, 

What evidence do you have?

Same with witchcraft, very scary ****, 

Nope, it's nonsense... just like the idea of Satan/"the devil" being real is.

anyone denying it is simply ignorant to it,

Well, I don't deny witchcraft... witchcraft itself is real--what I deny is that there is any real magic involved. I deny that because there has never been an ounce of compelling evidence in the history of mankind to suggest that magic actually exists. Whatever "magical" happenings have occurred likely have a very mundane and reasonable explanation behind them.

the devil's greatest trick is the idea the devil isnt real.

:huh:

• Like 7

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Witchcraft works, just not in the hocus pocus way. As for the devil, it's just the scapegoat for your lack of self control.

In what way do you mean that "witchcraft works"? I'm curious.

19 minutes ago, grimsituation6 said:

Im very familiar with both, psychology is as suedo as demonolgy, ask any psychiatrist or psychologist.

What are trying to say? 

Magick like any belief based practices causes a psychological change that leads to self fulfilling actions and/or confirmation bias. The worst would be obsessive thoughts.

• Like 1

Hocus-pocus has been unfairly denigrated, imo.

2 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

In what way do you mean that "witchcraft works"? I'm curious.

Read post #16. As much as I've written about my views on it I'm surprised you've asked.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Read post #16. As much as I've written about my views on it I'm surprised you've asked.

I'm not. I have a terrible memory. And in that sense I suppose that yes, witchcraft works.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, grimsituation6 said:

What? If I ask any psychologist they'll admit that psychology is as much of a pseudo science as demonology. I think not. 

• Like 4

It's all about planting thoughts/ideas in your un/subconscious. Depending on which ideas stick will depend on how it affects you. Getting the idea that some 'demons' gonna get you, can lead to paranoia. So you'll need a placebo to counter it, like a banishing ritual or a good therapist.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, grimsituation6 said:

What is your proof to back up these claims?  And, you know what's more scary?  Someone that is ignorant and uneducated that believes this stuff is real.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, grimsituation6 said:

Actually, why don't you ask a psychiatrist or a psychologist?  They'll be quite interested in what you have to say....

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It's all about planting thoughts/ideas in your un/subconscious

Cults? -- bad news.
Subliminals, brainwashing, DANGEROUS! ugly.
"brain-washing" Edward Hunter , ? oh `56 or there abouts. (1956 ? possible publish)
The True And Terrible Story Of The Men Who Endured And Defied The Most Diabolical Red Torture.

On the other hand, probably not as bad as some religions if counts were taken down.
Clarify::::: (deaths, burnings etc.
just last week? or two RECENTLY, witch burned in Peru, no kidding.)

Oh, okay a few days ago.

Obsolete in days source/resource/uri/url LINK ! ::::: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/woman-accused-witchcraft-burnt-alive-peruvian-amazon-1583715

Edited by MWoo7

1 hour ago, grimsituation6 said:

Obviously, you are not familiar at all. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 6