Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Earth to reach ‘DEVASTATING’ temps by 2050

seeder

SHOCK WARNING: Earth to reach ‘DEVASTATING’ temperature by 2050

THE Earth is set to reach “dangerous” temperatures by 2050, experts have warned.

The average temperature of the globe is continuously rising, and scientists believe that by 2050, we will be living on a dangerously hot planet.

The group of experts say that by the middle of this century, the globe could have warmed by an average of two degrees celsius.

Although the number does not seem very high, any changes to the globe’s delicate ecosystem can prove catastrophic.

A warmer globe can lead to melting ice caps, and in turn rising sea levels, and can also mess with many species natural habitats.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/716345/climate-change-Earth-DEVASTATING-temperature-2050

Don't worry - this is the same "news"paper that predicts the coldest winter on record.  Every year.

Oh, and that the world would end today.  Again.   Or was it yesterday? 

• Like 4

I can't wait, average UK temperature goes 16oC to 18oC

• Like 3

Two degrees by mid-century is possible, but warming is going to have to accelerate to get there.  Would it be "devastating?"  Maybe, but that would depend on the definition of "devastating."  What is expected is more of what we're already seeing.  More species going extinct, range changes by others, new plant and animal communities, more crop failures, etc.  I don't think we'll reach the point of ecosystem collapse by then, but there are feedback loops in the climate system and we could well set off a warming cycle that we can't stop.

Doug

• Like 1

I see you guys don't think much of this report. LOL  Neither do I.

About crop failures, there are more land North than South, gain in Canada and Russia would compensate lost elsewhere. The problem is the countries in the South are already weak economically, without agriculture, they may not have the budget to buy food from the new fields in the North.

Meanwhile, I'm looking forwards to add a camellia in my garden.