Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fallout 4 one year on

alibongo

I'm still playing FO4.

Anyone else?

Was it overhyped/over anticipated?

Is Todd Howard the  genius I think him, or not?

The combination of FPS, open world, role-playing, plus the retro-futuristic scenery and the musical score and choice of period songs, I think was a work of genius and this will be recognised as a ground-breaking game, like the first Doom and HL2.

Any other views?

• Like 2

I am a fan of Fallout 4 but not nearly to the same degree of Fallout 3 or Fallout: New Vegas. I felt that the game played more like a shooter and less like an RPG. That being said, however, I still like the game.

I play the game a lot, but  mostly for the settlement building aspect - with lots of mods of course... Of course I still play Skyrim as well...

Fallout 4 was a good game, I personally wouldn't call it ground breaking, but still a solid game.  

To me it seems that fallout 4 had the best mechanics, fallout new Vegas by far had the best dlc, and fallout 3 had the best atmosphere/setting.  I still remember moments from fallout 3, like running through the ruins of DC armed only with a hunting rifle with only a few rounds left and super mutants everywhere or running around with Enclave armor with a flamer while the song "I dont want to set the world on fire" playing on the radio.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't played it. I have played some of Fallout 3 and it was OK. I even dressed as Charon from FO3 last halloween.

I've been playing it for a week or so. My first Fallout game. Only several hours of play really. I do like it. I'm just trying to figure out all the workshop stuff atm. I wouldn't call it groundbreaking at least from what I've played. My take is that it's basically Skyrim in  a nutshell. Obvious differences aside it's the same basic idea. So far I wouldn't say it holds a candle to the greatness that was Skyrim. It's cool though. Right now I'm full of RADS, because I was having a mission conversation standing in water for 5 minutes and didn't realize what was happening to me, with only 15 HP and stuck in a town (by my own will) full of feral ghouls that kill me with one hit. It's fun though.

• Like 1

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 3:23 AM, F3SS said:

I've been playing it for a week or so. My first Fallout game. Only several hours of play really. I do like it. I'm just trying to figure out all the workshop stuff atm. I wouldn't call it groundbreaking at least from what I've played. My take is that it's basically Skyrim in  a nutshell. Obvious differences aside it's the same basic idea. So far I wouldn't say it holds a candle to the greatness that was Skyrim. It's cool though. Right now I'm full of RADS, because I was having a mission conversation standing in water for 5 minutes and didn't realize what was happening to me, with only 15 HP and stuck in a town (by my own will) full of feral ghouls that kill me with one hit. It's fun though.

It gets better.Much,much better.

What town?

Edited by alibongo
  • Like 2

Once you have successfully romanced Cait and Piper you will be well into the game and had some great battles!

1 hour ago, alibongo said:

It gets better.Much,much better.

What town?

Honestly I'm not sure. Just happened through it but it was just a wasteland area

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 9:21 PM, PrettyCat said:

I want to try Fallout 4, but it seems for me that I won't be exited of this part the same as Fallout 2 or Fallout Tactics....

Do try it, it is a huge game, just wandering the wasteland without doing any quests or bothering with the story lines is great.

Beautiful retro-futurist scenery and sad music.

You can observe spontaneous battles or even incite various factions to fight each other while you wait to collect the loot afterwards.

On 10/2/2016 at 0:16 AM, alibongo said:

I'm still playing FO4.

Anyone else?

The combination of FPS, open world, role-playing, plus the retro-futuristic scenery and the musical score and choice of period songs, I think was a work of genius and this will be recognised as a ground-breaking game, like the first Doom and HL2.

Any other views?

I bought myself a PS4 a couple of weeks ago and got Fallout 4 with it.  Haven't played it an awful lot so far, about 10-12 hours so far.  I'm enjoying it a lot, but it's definitely not the same experience as playing Fallout 3 for the first time.  Leaving Vault 101 and heading toward Megaton for the first time was just one of those gaming experience that will stick in my mind.  

Fallout 4 isn't that much of a departure from the Fallout 3 formula so far.  Not that that's a bad thing.  I knocked up over 300 hours in Fallout 3 and over 100 in New Vegas and I'll probably chalk up something similar with FO4 when I get properly stuck into it.  I also got GTAV and it's been occupying more of my gameplaying for the past couple of weeks.  I can only handle one epic open world game at a time so I've shelved FO4 until I get bored with GTAV.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JesseCuster said:

I bought myself a PS4 a couple of weeks ago and got Fallout 4 with it.  Haven't played it an awful lot so far, about 10-12 hours so far.  I'm enjoying it a lot, but it's definitely not the same experience as playing Fallout 3 for the first time.  Leaving Vault 101 and heading toward Megaton for the first time was just one of those gaming experience that will stick in my mind.  

Fallout 4 isn't that much of a departure from the Fallout 3 formula so far.  Not that that's a bad thing.  I knocked up over 300 hours in Fallout 3 and over 100 in New Vegas and I'll probably chalk up something similar with FO4 when I get properly stuck into it.  I also got GTAV and it's been occupying more of my gameplaying for the past couple of weeks.  I can only handle one epic open world game at a time so I've shelved FO4 until I get bored with GTAV.

I've not played a "big" game since HL2, though I have seen my son playing them.

FO4 just blew me away, not the silly story lines, but the view from the vault (111),the random battles, the open world,and the settlement building. I just think it is a mega game with a bit of everything.

My friend has put in over 400 hours in the game he is not even done yet lol,i dont play video games any more i play guitar in my spare time

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/1/2016 at 7:16 PM, alibongo said:

I'm still playing FO4.

Anyone else?

Any other views?

I love it still,I've been a Fallout fan for quite some time now and feel that the RTS games were great and set the tone.

Fallout 3 was okay at the time but nothing spectacular,Whereas Fallout:New Vegas was an absolute improvement in every aspect managing to set the bar pretty high.This game presents a much better setting and atmosphere than Fallout 3 giving players a needed upgrade.The dilapidated cobbled street corners you wearily wind down as you try to make it to Diamond City,The song "The wanderer" plays on the pip-boy as automatic weapon reports echo in the distance while the sun begins to set and you look for shelter.These are just some things you never forget! The Far Harbor DLC was by far the most immersive Bethesda has pushed out in a while,Nuka Cola add on was alright as well but it didn't have that same awe like when you step into the radioactive fog for the first time.

• Like 1

I've wandering around Far Harbor for quite a few 10s of hours and enjoying it. Loved seeing the hermit crab in the VW camper!

Not sure who I want to destroy there yet.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 0:49 PM, alibongo said:

I've wandering around Far Harbor for quite a few 10s of hours and enjoying it. Loved seeing the hermit crab in the VW camper!

Not sure who I want to destroy there yet.

Didn't destroy anyone in the end, didn't have the heart to.I have had some great battles in FO4, a year ago I played on Easy and had a hard time at Breakheart Banks,Pesoiden Reservoir,Mass Pike, and got destroyed at Nordhagen Beach,County Crossing and Big John's Auto Salvage, to name but a few places (I was so badly trounced at some settlements that they didn't even bother to thank me for my help- well, since most of them were dead, I don't blame them).

• Now I play on Very Hard and don't use Stimpaks- only sleep. (I would like to try Survival but don't know if I'd lose all my other saves).

• I still laugh at the rag doll death I suffer minus limbs, when a Raider's Fatman catches me unawares or I allow my health to get too low in a skirmish.

• The genius of Todd Howard is that I am now still finding something new in reinforcing the power armour and up-grading weapons. And sneaking and stealing from the BOS.

• It's not about the endings, it is all about the game!

Edited by alibongo

fallout 4 was a disappointment but its better than nothing. I think its time fallout went to other countries maybe canada.