Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Amanda Knox reveals why she lied

Ozfactor

Knox was marked as the killer, with media reporting at the time the murder was a result of a sex game gone wrong, but Knox maintained her innocence and said she spent the night with her boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito.

But after being interrogated by police, Knox changed her story and said she was in fact at the house when Kercher was murdered and blocked her ears to mask her roommate’s screams.

She also blamed the murder on her boss, Patrick Lumumba, who gave her a job at his bar.

He was held in custody for two weeks before being released after his alibi checked out.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/amanda-knox-reveals-why-she-lied-to-police-about-whereabouts-during-roommates-killing/news-story/ff0a3ab1bd03782b07233942bc678960

Hate to say this but her story is still filled with holes that still begs a lot of answers if not questions ... I wonder what Ms Kercher have to say about Amanda being the 'victim' here as is claimed ...

~

• Like 2

I don't believe she had anything to do with her roommates death. False memories and confessions are obtained by police all of the time when they use wrongfully aggressive interrogation techniques. I think the one man who remains locked up for the crime was the sole perpetrator.

• Like 2

Amanda was present at the time of the murder ... and she was not molested or suffered even a slightest scratch ... and she lied so often that all she remembered was the false memories ?

She lied and accused an innocent man ... but most perplexing ... why wasn't she killed along with Ms Kercher ?

~

• Like 5

If you watch the documentary on Netflix, they actually interviewed the prosecutor and quite frankly he did more for the defense in my opinion than the actual facts.   The man is full of fanciful delusions and seems to have a god complex (he actually compared himself to a prophet at one point).  HIs whole reasoning for suspecting her in the first place, she freaked out after the weight of the situation overwhelmed her.  In his own words, she began hitting the side of her face with her hands. . .as if the memory of the murder was coming back to her and she was trying to block out Meredith's screams.   He assumed from the beginning that a woman had to be present at the murder because the body was covered and only women do that.   He turned a simple robbery gone wrong into some sort of satanic sex orgy and made huge inferences about all the evidence gathered.   It was like he was stuck in one of those murder mystery novels he claimed to love so much.  The fact that he continues to hold a position of influence in the Italian legal system is a huge travesty of justice.   He ruined two lives all based on the whims of his interpretation of other people's behavior and not on the evidence at hand. 

As to why Amanda lied in the first place, it is explained.  She had spent a week with her newly found boyfriend (they had only known each other five days) having sex and smoking pot.  The police took her phone and because that night her boss texted her that she didn't have to go to work, she texted him back saying okay see you later or something similar.  They insisted to her that she had met up with him that night.  The whole thing had been their suggestion.  They had badgered her for hours with leading questions and tactics that should not be allowed in police work.   It's no wonder why she broke.  

Oh and the police literally took her blood and then told her she had HIV, just to get her to make a list of all the people she slept with.  It's seriously messed up. 

Edited by timewarrior
  • Like 3

Documentary ... don't make me laugh ... that's the worst thing about this whole tragedy ... the media meddling with evidence to profit from riding on public opinion popularity ...

THe Italian legal system was not ready for this kind of Organized media onslaught , just like the US Legal System was not ready for the OJ Trials ... there should never be another Amanda / OJ type loop holes for the media to profit from ...

~

• Like 5

3 hours ago, third_eye said:

Documentary ... don't make me laugh ... that's the worst thing about this whole tragedy ... the media meddling with evidence to profit from riding on public opinion popularity ...

THe Italian legal system was not ready for this kind of Organized media onslaught , just like the US Legal System was not ready for the OJ Trials ... there should never be another Amanda / OJ type loop holes for the media to profit from ...

~

Actually, I found the film quite informative.  Especially the interviews with the prosecutor.   It fully demonstrated how insane his interpretation of his surroundings was and how he managed to blow the entire thing out of context.  

What truly boggles my mind is the fact how people would rather believe in some hair-brained half cocked conspiracy that a 20 year old in college, who has never been in trouble with the law would suddenly upgrade to murder 1 all because of an argument.  

Instead of use having a guy here (rudy) whose broken into many houses before, is generally a liar and career criminal. . .. who left his dna all over that room. . .but nope. . .couldn't be him alone. . .had to be a satanic sex act gone wrong. . .yeah. . .it just makes more sense that way. . .

You know, just because someone ends up in court, doesn't automatically mean they are guilty. 

Perhaps your legal system is different, but ours is supposed to be based on facts and science. . .not speculation and feelings. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, timewarrior said:

Actually, I found the film quite informative.  Especially the interviews with the prosecutor.   It fully demonstrated how insane his interpretation of his surroundings was and how he managed to blow the entire thing out of context.  

What truly boggles my mind is the fact how people would rather believe in some hair-brained half cocked conspiracy that a 20 year old in college, who has never been in trouble with the law would suddenly upgrade to murder 1 all because of an argument.  

Instead of use having a guy here (rudy) whose broken into many houses before, is generally a liar and career criminal. . .. who left his dna all over that room. . .but nope. . .couldn't be him alone. . .had to be a satanic sex act gone wrong. . .yeah. . .it just makes more sense that way. . .

You know, just because someone ends up in court, doesn't automatically mean they are guilty. 

Perhaps your legal system is different, but ours is supposed to be based on facts and science. . .not speculation and feelings. 

See this is where you becomes the one that is twisting the facts ... what you are presenting IS the speculations and emotionally tinged adjudications ...

Why is it Hare brained ? because it does not portray a persona that fits your profiling of what a female like what you believe to be like Amanda would do ?

The problem is the Italian Officials of the day had not anticipated the organized Media Influence nor was prepared ... and like OJ ... Amanda walked ...

Even now Amanda as I read her side of the story, Amanda is blaming Ms Kercher for making her life miserable ... as if Amanda is the victim here ... sorry ... I have a very hard time sympathizing with her 'predicament' ... and her behavior as the police were gathering evidence at the apartment shows that she was more concerned about her own self than the murder of Ms Kerchner ...

You need a reality check ... all she has is that the police "planted" memories in her head ... and a media friendly face ...

~

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, third_eye said:

See this is where you becomes the one that is twisting the facts ... what you are presenting IS the speculations and emotionally tinged adjudications ...

Why is it Hare brained ? because it does not portray a persona that fits your profiling of what a female like what you believe to be like Amanda would do ?

The problem is the Italian Officials of the day had not anticipated the organized Media Influence nor was prepared ... and like OJ ... Amanda walked ...

Even now Amanda as I read her side of the story, Amanda is blaming Ms Kercher for making her life miserable ... as if Amanda is the victim here ... sorry ... I have a very hard time sympathizing with her 'predicament' ... and her behavior as the police were gathering evidence at the apartment shows that she was more concerned about her own self than the murder of Ms Kerchner ...

You need a reality check ... all she has is that the police "planted" memories in her head ... and a media friendly face ...

~

Why wouldn't she be more concerned about herself? She was the one still alive. She was the one who didn't know if the killer might come back for her. She was the one who was under the suspicion of the police in a foreign country. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, third_eye said:

The problem with the investigation is that investigators followed a theory rather than the evidence. We know that because we have false statements which lend to their theory, but statements we know are false because they don't correlate with the evidence.

• Like 3

Amanda Knox had her conviction overturned.

Please bear in mind that is not a declaration of innocence it is a declaration that from the evidence presented at trial a conviction is unsafe.

If she did it then it could be a drug fuelled sex game where she was off her head. Or if she is a psycho then we should be able to pick up something odd about the way she is from watching television interviews.

• Like 1

First off ...

Do I think that Amanda killed Meredith with her own hands ... No (probably not)

Do I think the Prosecutors messed up ... Yes

Do I believe that Amanda is innocent ... Not entirely

~
The Prosecution was inexperienced with a trial of this nature that much is true .. but it does not mean that Amanda is innocent at least I don't believe so

The Prosecutors were incompetent ... due to reasons no less than they fell for Amanda's lying and bizarre behavior ... their first mistake was trusting Amanda when she fingered an innocent man as the prime suspect ...

Do I think Amanda is lying ? Yes ... she herself admits that ... now its clearly a case of what and which of her lies do you believe ...

~

Do you think Amanda Knox was lying?

Her interview with Diane Sawyer brought to light some new issues and her body language and nonverbal cues might have given us more information than what she actually said.

• science of people link

~

Why is Amanda Knox Guilty? Behind the Scenes of Meredith Kercher Murder Verdict

Finally, the written statement was used by the appeals court to condemn Knox for false accusation against Lumumba [an offence known as calunnia under Italian law].

The appeals court ruling means that Knox was trying to cover-up Rudi Guede – and herself – when she unlawfully accused Lumumba of the murder. The Italian justice's mix-up, unfortunately, crippled any attempt to ever find the truth on what happened that night.

• ib times co uk link

~

The Case was overturned because of poor evidence presented, media frenzy and public pressure ... not because Amanda and her boyfriend of five days were found innocent ...

~

Those that are not influenced by the media tainted bias debates it as 70% Guilty and 30% Not Guilty

~

THe Evidence presented and Myths Debunked ...

Numerous myths exist about this case, some of them deliberately created by those who wish to present a particular point of view that is not supported by the evidence. Many of them have found their way into the mainstream media: at least four of those listed here are so prevalent that they have even found their way into the Wikipedia article on Meredith's murder.[1] Here the errors in these myths are corrected:

• the murder of Meredith Kercher link

~

On March 27, 2015 the Court of Cassation in a surprise decision acquitted Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito. This is a final decision on the murder conviction. Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito face charges for defaming prosecutor G. Mignini in their books. With respect to the murder of Meredith Kercher, there will be no further criminal consequences for Knox and Sollecito, though further civil actions are possible. The motivation report explaining the court's decision was filed September 07, 2015. We will post a translation shortly.

The outcome is disappointing. It is our sincere and confident position that Amanda Knox, Raffaele Sollecito, and Rudy Guede all participated in the murder of Meredith Kercher. Our intentions in starting this site were to create an accurate and complete English version of the material generated by the court proceedings. We intend to continue with that objective by obtaining all available files and transcripts. Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito have been found not guilty by the Italian criminal justice system so the legal process is over but this site will remain for those who are interested in examining the evidence.

RIP, Meredith Kercher

• the murder of Meredith Kerchner link

~

Miscarriage of Justice ? Just ask Meredith's parents and love ones ....

~

Mez.jpg

~ RIP,  Meredith Kercher ~

~

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, regi said:

Wishy-washy.

:td:

au contraire my good woman ... just toeing the truth and lining up with the facts ... and wringing out the wishy washy ...

~

3 minutes ago, regi said:

My good sir, the fact of the matter is, she's either guilty or not....

Guilty of what ?

THat's where the Italian Courts made the mistake ... I'll not trod on that again ... Amanda is guilty of her participation of Meredith's murder ... that much is clear ~

~

• Like 1

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

THat's where the Italian Courts made the mistake ... I'll not trod on that again ... Amanda is guilty of her participation of Meredith's murder ... that much is clear ~

Well you came across to me as wishy-washy, and I don't like that, I can't appreciate indecision.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, regi said:

Well you came across to me as wishy-washy, and I don't like that, I can't appreciate indecision.

Just being as accurate and as judicious as the facts allows ... last thing I want is to leave the debate open to wishy washy arguments

~

• Like 2

17 hours ago, third_eye said:

~

Listen dude.  I deal with facts.  Not speculations on behavior or how I think people should react to a certain situation.  

Fact:  There was only one set of reliable dna inside the victim and throughout that room and that was for dear old Rudy.  The only other evidence of DNA found was on that bra clasp, that was found 45 DAYS after the murder.   Not only did it have her boyfriends dna on it, but traces of two other set of male dna.  And the amount of DNA was not significant and was considered by many scientist to be due to contamination.   Further, there were only bloody fingerprints from one individual in that room and that for dear old Rudy. 

So you're telling me that all three of them committed this heinous and messy crime and then somehow Amanda and her boyfriend were able to wipe the room of ONLY their DNA and fingerprints?   A 20 year old pot smoking girl?  You have to be completely mental if you believe that.  Not to be rude, but if she's the equivalent of this age's Moriarty, then I'd hate to see the Sherlock. 

Personally, I don't care how she acted or what she said.  People lie.  People can be badgered into false confessions.  People react differently to every situation.  Heck, I don't even know how I'd react to a murder accusation.  I'm such a raging, paranoid  @$$ hole I'd probably lead myself right to the gallows with my attitude and actions.   Can you say for certain how'd you react?  have you ever been accused of murder?  no?  yes?  Unless you have, then you and everyone else should shut the hell up because what you think and what you know are two different things.  You may think you're holier than Jesus, but in actuality you could be nothing but a scared little person terrified of being in the room with authority figures who are yelling at you and claiming that you are lying to them.  

A media friend face?  Seriously?  from my view of things, the media did not treat her well. . .claiming she was a ****, sex addict, foxy noxy devil worshiping psycho?   They dragged her through the mud.  They didn't even cover Rudy. . .wanna know why?  He wasn't interesting enough. . .wasn't a hot enough topic. . .wouldn't have sold the papers. .. made the benjamins. . .they saw her as an opportunity dude. . .and they exploited it. . .

Amanda didn't walk because of the media, she walked because the police investigation was faulty, and the prosecutor was a rogue nut job.  Amanda wasn't his first victim dude. . .and she wasn't his last.  he tried to railroad an adult entertainment worker because while at a job at a club she was touched by 15 year olds.  Did she know they were 15?  no.  were they supposed to be in that club? No.  did the owner of the club get in trouble for letting the 15 year olds in the club?  no.   Kinda sexist and hypocritical if you ask me.  Not only that, prior to Amanda, he was convicted of abusing the powers of his office.  And yet he is still allowed to work there. 

And calling out Amanda cause she b****ed about Kercher?   Who died and made you god?   It's her god given right as an American to complain about her lot in life.   Heck, I got annoyed with the lady down the street because she had the nerve to die while parked in my parking spot.  Doesn't mean I don't miss her, doesn't mean I'm not sorry she died. 

OJ walked because the prosecution and the police messed up.   They didn't present all the evidence and they allowed a cop who had a racist streak in him on the investigation.  Plus the defense was really good because of that. . .oh and the jury was afraid of another riot.  The media really had nothing to do with the verdict dude. 

Now I tried to be polite in my last message to you, but you last response really p***ed me off, so consider this my reality check, signed, cashed and reissued to your sorry, misinformed self.  I'm "twisting the facts ... and presenting IS the speculations and emotionally tinged adjudications?"  That's more you dude than me.  I merely gave my opinion on the prosecutor's own words in a documentary about the case.    But then again, look at my avatar. . .I too have a media friendly face. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, timewarrior said:

Listen dude.  I deal with facts.  Not speculations on behavior or how I think people should react to a certain situation.  

Fact:  There was only one set of reliable dna inside the victim and throughout that room and that was for dear old Rudy.  The only other evidence of DNA found was on that bra clasp, that was found 45 DAYS after the murder.   Not only did it have her boyfriends dna on it, but traces of two other set of male dna.  And the amount of DNA was not significant and was considered by many scientist to be due to contamination.   Further, there were only bloody fingerprints from one individual in that room and that for dear old Rudy. 

So you're telling me that all three of them committed this heinous and messy crime and then somehow Amanda and her boyfriend were able to wipe the room of ONLY their DNA and fingerprints?   A 20 year old pot smoking girl?  You have to be completely mental if you believe that.  Not to be rude, but if she's the equivalent of this age's Moriarty, then I'd hate to see the Sherlock. 

Personally, I don't care how she acted or what she said.  People lie.  People can be badgered into false confessions.  People react differently to every situation.  Heck, I don't even know how I'd react to a murder accusation.  I'm such a raging, paranoid  @$$ hole I'd probably lead myself right to the gallows with my attitude and actions.   Can you say for certain how'd you react?  have you ever been accused of murder?  no?  yes?  Unless you have, then you and everyone else should shut the hell up because what you think and what you know are two different things.  You may think you're holier than Jesus, but in actuality you could be nothing but a scared little person terrified of being in the room with authority figures who are yelling at you and claiming that you are lying to them.  

A media friend face?  Seriously?  from my view of things, the media did not treat her well. . .claiming she was a ****, sex addict, foxy noxy devil worshiping psycho?   They dragged her through the mud.  They didn't even cover Rudy. . .wanna know why?  He wasn't interesting enough. . .wasn't a hot enough topic. . .wouldn't have sold the papers. .. made the benjamins. . .they saw her as an opportunity dude. . .and they exploited it. . .

Amanda didn't walk because of the media, she walked because the police investigation was faulty, and the prosecutor was a rogue nut job.  Amanda wasn't his first victim dude. . .and she wasn't his last.  he tried to railroad an adult entertainment worker because while at a job at a club she was touched by 15 year olds.  Did she know they were 15?  no.  were they supposed to be in that club? No.  did the owner of the club get in trouble for letting the 15 year olds in the club?  no.   Kinda sexist and hypocritical if you ask me.  Not only that, prior to Amanda, he was convicted of abusing the powers of his office.  And yet he is still allowed to work there. 

And calling out Amanda cause she b****ed about Kercher?   Who died and made you god?   It's her god given right as an American to complain about her lot in life.   Heck, I got annoyed with the lady down the street because she had the nerve to die while parked in my parking spot.  Doesn't mean I don't miss her, doesn't mean I'm not sorry she died. 

OJ walked because the prosecution and the police messed up.   They didn't present all the evidence and they allowed a cop who had a racist streak in him on the investigation.  Plus the defense was really good because of that. . .oh and the jury was afraid of another riot.  The media really had nothing to do with the verdict dude. 

Now I tried to be polite in my last message to you, but you last response really p***ed me off, so consider this my reality check, signed, cashed and reissued to your sorry, misinformed self.  I'm "twisting the facts ... and presenting IS the speculations and emotionally tinged adjudications?"  That's more you dude than me.  I merely gave my opinion on the prosecutor's own words in a documentary about the case.    But then again, look at my avatar. . .I too have a media friendly face. 

Yup ... like I said emotionally invested ... and tainted ...

and the so called facts you presented are debunked ... link

you go ahead and base your reality on the 'movie'

I rather base mine on the official records ...

~

3 hours ago, third_eye said:

Yup ... like I said emotionally invested ... and tainted ...

and the so called facts you presented are debunked ... link

you go ahead and base your reality on the 'movie'

I rather base mine on the official records ...

~

Lord dude. 

The website you quoted has been accused of being a fake website lead by members of the Perugia Murder File, a known anti Amanda Knox hate group.  

http://wrongfulconvictionnews.com/new-website-exposes-campaign-of-lies-misinformation-against-amanda-knox/

http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/anti-amanda-knox-deceptive-wiki/

So either you have been completely fooled by a fake website, or you are actually a member of the PMF and have some sort of sick, twisted hatred for both Ms. Knox and her former boyfriend. . .Quite frankly, I don't want to give you that much credit and just assume you are some sort of hateful troll.   You started this dude, I was responding to the original post, you interjected yourself into my posts, when I tried to respond calmly the first time I replied to you, you started with the nasty comments.   Frankly, I don't have time to waste with the likes of fools like you, so continue to believe what you believe and live your little life as you so please and may you never find yourself in the same situation as Ms. Knox found herself. . .because if you do. . .you won't find any allies here. . .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, timewarrior said:

Lord dude. 

The website you quoted has been accused of being a fake website lead by members of the Perugia Murder File, a known anti Amanda Knox hate group.  

http://wrongfulconvictionnews.com/new-website-exposes-campaign-of-lies-misinformation-against-amanda-knox/

http://www.amandaknoxcase.com/anti-amanda-knox-deceptive-wiki/

~

Never mind the facts then ? 

Not long after her arrest Amanda Knox's family acquired the services of Gogerty Marriott[1], a public relations crisis firm, to manage the public impression of Amanda Knox in America through favorable press coverage given in exchange for access to the family. The result is that many years later public knowledge of the case has deteriorated rather than improved with time.

The Murder of Meredith Kercher is a project launched as an effort to address the confusion surrounding the trials in Italy, presented without falsehoods or hyperbole. For years the accuseds' families and their supporters have waged an extensive misinformation campaign, in effect building a fantasy world filled with wide-ranging conspiracies, allegations of Satanism, and reinforcing race-specific standards of justice to avoid confronting the real indications of the accuseds' culpability. While some people buy into it, we sense that many more suspect they're not getting the whole story. They aren't.

You are encouraged to browse through the Supreme Court report explaining the reasons for remanding the case back to the appeal level. This document identifies serious flaws in the reasoning behind the acquittal and is absolutely essential for understanding why the proceedings against Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito continued. It, as with all the motivations and trial transcripts, has been translated from the Italian by volunteers who wish to share information rather than withhold or distort it.

This site is volunteer-driven and is meant to improve the signal-to-noise ratio of discussion about the case. We will never accept donations. The needless death of Meredith Kercher has been manipulated for the personal gain of various parties who see value in marketing a version of the story that doesn't match reality -- in so doing these parties have made certain that not only was Meredith's life trampled upon, her death has been too.

• about The Murder of Meredith Kerchner com link

~

So you are saying the Supreme Court Report here is also 'fake' ?

~

Let's talk about the 'fake' wiki accusation here from the link provided by yourself ...

Why Does Wikipedia Host the Amanda Knox Guilt Project?

By candace_dempsey on March 23, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Update: After this story and others appeared, describing Wikipedia’s strange coverage of the Knox trial, new editors cleansed it of most bias and, while still under constant attack, it now reflects reality. Thanks, Wikipedia, for being a class act.

By Candace Dempsey, author of MURDER IN ITALY, the story of Amanda Knox. Winner, Best True Crime 2010 Editor’s and Reader’s Choice awards. Library Journal Bestseller. Amazon Top Ten True Crime. Get case updates and leave comments on Facebook , Twitter@Candace_Dempsey. Copyrighted by Candace Dempsey.

~

Note 'Author' ... pluggin' his Award Winning Choice Award Book ... like I said ... shameless profiteers ... did these so called righteous individuals spare a thought for Meredith ?

~

So either you have been completely fooled by a fake website, or you are actually a member of the PMF and have some sort of sick, twisted hatred for both Ms. Knox and her former boyfriend. . .Quite frankly, I don't want to give you that much credit and just assume you are some sort of hateful troll.  

Nope ... you 'assumed' that was your diatribe ... as it is here ... just because I disagreed with your 'assessments' based on a movie ...

You started this dude, I was responding to the original post, you interjected yourself into my posts, when I tried to respond calmly the first time I replied to you, you started with the nasty comments.   Frankly, I don't have time to waste with the likes of fools like you, so continue to believe what you believe and live your little life as you so please and may you never find yourself in the same situation as Ms. Knox found herself. . .because if you do. . .you won't find any allies here. . .

No dude ... you were sorely misled ... and you remain so ... if I were, allies like your befuddled self would be the least of my predicament ... as little as my life may prove to be ~

Edited by third_eye
too early in the morning for this kinda muddle

16 hours ago, third_eye said:

~Never mind the facts then ? 

• about The Murder of Meredith Kerchner com link

~So you are saying the Supreme Court Report here is also 'fake' ?

~Let's talk about the 'fake' wiki accusation here from the link provided by yourself ...

Note 'Author' ... pluggin' his Award Winning Choice Award Book ... like I said ... shameless profiteers ... did these so called righteous individuals spare a thought for Meredith ?

Nope ... you 'assumed' that was your diatribe ... as it is here ... just because I disagreed with your 'assessments' based on a movie ...

No dude ... you were sorely misled ... and you remain so ... if I were, allies like your befuddled self would be the least of my predicament ... as little as my life may prove to be ~

<_<. . .

. . . .

. . .

First off. . .let me assure you. . .your life, nor the life of any other on this planet is considered "little" in terms of worth.  The Death of Meredith Kerchner was a tragedy.  It was pointless. . .cruel. . .and uncalled for. . .

. . . .

<_<. . .

. . . .

That said. . .her killer. . .has. . .been. . .caught. . .his name was. . .Rudy. . .f'ing. . .Guede. . .he was given 30 years, and because he changed is initial story and lied on the stand to implicate Amanda, he got that reduced to 16 (not officially provable, but it's more than obvious if you look at the sequence of events).

That same supreme court you are so fond of quoting, later stated. . .oh just read it:

On March 27, 2015, the ultimate appeal by Knox and Sollecito was heard by the Supreme Court of Cassation; it ruled that the case was without foundation, thereby definitively acquitting them of the murder. Her calunnia conviction was upheld.  Rather than merely declaring that there were errors in the earlier court cases or that there was not enough evidence to convict, the court ruled that Knox and Sollecito were innocent of involvement in the murder.  On September 7, 2015, the Court published the report on the acquittal, citing "glaring errors," "investigative amnesia," and "guilty omissions," where a five-judge panel said that the prosecutors who won the original murder conviction failed to prove a "whole truth" to back up the scenario that Knox and Sollecito killed Kercher.  They also stated that there were "sensational failures" (clamorose defaillance) in the investigation, and that the lower court had been guilty of "culpable omissions" (colpevoli omissioni) in ignoring expert testimony that demonstrated contamination of evidence (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_Knox, final decision paragraph).

see also:  http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/top-italian-court-throws-out-amanda-knox-murder-conviction-n423006

. . . .

<_<. . .

. . . .

Second, now, while you may desire to fault the author for being identified by his or her book, I have two things to say. 

1.  People and organization sometimes do this as a way to demonstrate that said person is and should be considered an expert in said subject matter.  You don't take surgery advice from a person who wrote a book about breeding puppies.   It's not going to end well. 

2.  For the majority of the Western world, we live in a freaking capitalistic society.  There are advertisements for everything and everywhere.  It's all about the money baby.   There are product placements in movies, music videos, youtube videos, advertisements in magazines, news articles and even porn.  Now, I don't know what kind of system you have over there in Malaysia. . .being identified by a book one wrote and promoting said book in an article is pretty common place. 

. . . .

<_<. . .

. . . .

Third, given the way the media had targeted her, I don't blame Amanda's family for hiring a public relations expert.   The onslaught had been overwhelming and quite frankly bordering on slander. . .

. . . .

<_<. . .

. . . .

Finally, I say we agree to disagree.  You can live with you own personal hatred for 20 year old girl who lives in Seattle Washington, and I can go on being disgusted with the ever increasing debasement of our societies overrun with media glut, corrupted public officials, and general miscarriages of justice. 

And yes, this was a miscarriage of justice.  Rudy Guede should have been executed.  The amount of evidence he left, the nature of the crime, the fact that he fled to Germany, he is a miserable excuse for a human being and the fact that his sentence got reduced all to perpetuate a lie is an outrage.  I've known child molesters who've got longer sentences than this piece of ****. 

Edited by timewarrior
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, timewarrior said:

~snip

Finally, I say we agree to disagree.  You can live with you own personal hatred for 20 year old girl who lives in Seattle Washington, and I can go on being disgusted with the ever increasing debasement of our societies overrun with media glut, corrupted public officials, and general miscarriages of justice. 

See ... here is where you flushed all your integrity down the logic toilet ... personal hatred ?
Just because you invested your personal interests all other dissenting views are hatred ? So much for your distinctive attributions to reality ... I wonder if you are obsessed with Amanda or infatuated with her ...

*see ? I can make what you do and work my way too ...

And yes, this was a miscarriage of justice.  Rudy Guede should have been executed.  The amount of evidence he left, the nature of the crime, the fact that he fled to Germany, he is a miserable excuse for a human being and the fact that his sentence got reduced all to perpetuate a lie is an outrage.  I've known child molesters who've got longer sentences than this piece of ****. 

Again ... justice isn't just what is apparently satisfactorily to your wants and whims ... even if Guede were to be hung and quartered to please and satisfy you ... Amanda and her star struck accomplice have to go through the due process of the law ...  even if it is for nothing else but to fully exonerate her

Not just due to technicalities and due to pressure from the Court of Public Opinion ...

As for your reference to the Supreme Court Report I guess you misunderstand, the point is to Challenge it ... exactly for the reasoning that you attribute it to Amanda's innocence

~

All in all what you present here is the usual Amanda is absolutely innocent because everyone hates her argument ... that's for you to simmer in ... maybe they'll make a sequel to satiate your infatuation of her with that ...

~

Edited by third_eye
never mind

On 10/5/2016 at 4:34 AM, timewarrior said:

If you watch the documentary on Netflix, they actually interviewed the prosecutor and quite frankly he did more for the defense in my opinion than the actual facts.   The man is full of fanciful delusions and seems to have a god complex (he actually compared himself to a prophet at one point).  HIs whole reasoning for suspecting her in the first place, she freaked out after the weight of the situation overwhelmed her.  In his own words, she began hitting the side of her face with her hands. . .as if the memory of the murder was coming back to her and she was trying to block out Meredith's screams.   He assumed from the beginning that a woman had to be present at the murder because the body was covered and only women do that.   He turned a simple robbery gone wrong into some sort of satanic sex orgy and made huge inferences about all the evidence gathered.   It was like he was stuck in one of those murder mystery novels he claimed to love so much.  The fact that he continues to hold a position of influence in the Italian legal system is a huge travesty of justice.   He ruined two lives all based on the whims of his interpretation of other people's behavior and not on the evidence at hand. 

As to why Amanda lied in the first place, it is explained.  She had spent a week with her newly found boyfriend (they had only known each other five days) having sex and smoking pot.  The police took her phone and because that night her boss texted her that she didn't have to go to work, she texted him back saying okay see you later or something similar.  They insisted to her that she had met up with him that night.  The whole thing had been their suggestion.  They had badgered her for hours with leading questions and tactics that should not be allowed in police work.   It's no wonder why she broke.  

Oh and the police literally took her blood and then told her she had HIV, just to get her to make a list of all the people she slept with.  It's seriously messed up. 

Oh my goodness. Is that documented? Do they have video of that?

Edited by ChaosRose