Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tech billionaires fund escape from the Matrix

UM-Bot

They are wasting their time and effort, because no one, and I mean no one, will find out the truth

That won't work. If you write a computer simulation, what happens in the simulation stays in the computer. It can't get out into the real world or even know that the real world exists. However, I guess it would be possible for the ones writing the simulation to detect that consciousness has developed in the simulation and move or copy that consciousness into a robot in the real world so that somebody in the simulation could experience the real world. However, that would have to be done by initiative of the inhabitants of the real world, the ones living in the simulation couldn't do such a thing. Another complication is that time goes with very different speed in the real world and in the simulated world. The ones living in the real world probably don't want to wait for the simulation results for billions of years so they speed up the simulation so that time moves much faster there than in the real world. We do the same when we do simultions of for example the development of our universe.

• Like 3

I guess if you're a billionaire, you have the dough to pony up for that kind of stuff. 

When they find out, maybe they can tell me what happened to that spider I caught that disappeared before I could put it outside. 

• Like 1

Elon Musk is the One - just as the Oracle has foretold

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

Two Silicon Valley billionaires are funding efforts to prove whether or not we live in a simulation.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/299631/tech-billionaires-fund-escape-from-the-matrix

This gives us a lot to ponder. The stuff from which philosophy arises with current understanding of advances in science and technology.

Some religious teachings described a matrix like world thousands of years ago by the various masters.

Eastern masters always talk about our reality is the illusion and sometimes avatars from the real world come to teach us. If illumined we can know the real reality.

Judaic Kaballah in more hidden teachings  tells us that our universes with time and space are only part of the real reality. We and the universes we live in are depicted as being alive only because the real God wishes life in the universe. If for one moment He doesn't wish it, all ceases. There is a God of creation which is a  lower aspect of the every existing Eternal God. It is depicted symbolically as the white head, a brain with no body but runs the rules that govern the life cycles of the universes,  creation and destruction. It also contains without limits all truth and history. It creates by a form of light not understood by our world. It also knows all the future because it created it with many different possible outcomes. 

It kind of sounds like a baby Q was given a virtual reality video game or a matrix when you read about hidden wisdoms of the ancient masters. Maybe they were on to something after all!

• Like 2

Imagine for a moment that we are brains in bottles. All wired together in a neural network, kept in a state of dreaming. Creating the world we live in. A shared dream that only death wakes us from. All the machines do is keep us 'alive', there is no escape.

• Like 2

yeah. i think death is the only way.

The funny part in all of this is, that if and when they get out of the matrix they realize to their detriment that they are literally part of the matrix and the human? user is nowhere to be seen.

Edited by Nzo

What if they do get out of the matrix, only to find that what they think is the real world is just a different layer to it? You can never escape.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

What if they do get out of the matrix, only to find that what they think is the real world is just a different layer to it? You can never escape.

Well as long as they can still finance my investigation I will forge on.:lol:

jmccr8

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Well as long as they can still finance my investigation I will forge on.:lol:

jmccr8

It's not going to be one of those DMT exploration things is it?

tumblr_ni6iksW7eK1sgw7hlo1_500.gif

raw

• Like 2

I must have upset the powers that be, somehow I am in incognito mode. The matrix is trying to hinder my research, I'll fix that.B)

jmccr8

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

I must have upset the powers that be, somehow I am in incognito mode. The matrix is trying to hinder my research, I'll fix that.B)

jmccr8

If two gentlemen show up in black suits, put on some ray-ban's. Should keep your brain from being double battered and deep deep fried.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

If two gentlemen show up in black suits, put on some ray-ban's. Should keep your brain from being double battered and deep deep fried.

Got it covered,I'm wearing a dark suit and ray-bans to blend in.B)

jmccr8

• Like 1

I think ours is a natural universe. If it were a computer program, all the basic physics of the the universe would have to be programmed, quantum mechanics, relativity, all the elemental particles and forces would have to be the basis of the program. Creating consciousness itself would have to be programmed, unless we all are just fake consciousnesses.

All these aspects of Reality are not in the programs of video games, no matter how sophisticated they are or will become. I read an article in Scientific American a few years ago that stated quantum computing has fundamental limits to its computing power, great as their computing power will be when fully developed.

There are fundamental limits to technology, as technology must be based on the physical properties of any Reality, which limits what can be done. A naturally occurring Reality such as ours would be the basis for any created matrix or computer program, The limitations imposed by a naturally occurring Reality would limit the complexity of the program.

• Like 3

To believe technology will ever be able to simulate a universe such as ours is delusional thinking due to hubris.

Either the billionaires have been reading too much science fiction, e.g. Asomov's "The Last Question,"

or their said objective is part of a ridiculous ruse to conceal the real purpose of their research.

Edited by aka CAT
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, aka CAT said:

To believe technology will ever be able to simulate a universe such as ours is delusional thinking due to hubris.

Two words: "quantum computing"

As impressive as today's virtual reality games are, the tech is still barely more than an idea. I see no reason why a computer with sufficient processing power won't be able to accurately  simulate the Universe. We have computer programs already at work simulating the laws of physics, as programmed, to help our understanding of space and time.

Can you expand on why you think we will never reach a level of processing power that allows a recreation of reality? The frame work for perfect simulation has already been laid.

• Like 3