Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Go vote

danielost

doesn't matter who you vote for.  go and vote if you can and you have time to register to vote.

• Like 2

Ah my good ol' state of Georgia last day is today. I'm not holding my breath for people to actually register it's Georgia for Christ sake. 

100th post yay me:ph34r:

Edited by Nightgale
  • Like 2

remember if you don't vote your voting for the winner.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Nightgale said:

Ah my good ol' state of Georgia last day is today. I'm not holding my breath for people to actually register it's Georgia for Christ sake. 

100th post yay me:ph34r:

Haha same with ohio. Today is the last day

• Like 2

On 2016-10-11 at 7:46 AM, danielost said:

doesn't matter who you vote for.  go and vote if you can and you have time to register to vote.

It sucks when you vote not because you like the person but because you don't want the other to win. But yeah I agree with you, voting is important.

• Like 3

If you really want to make a change for our country, educate yourselves on the LOCAL congressperson/senator/legistlature, and vote for them accordingly.

We put a huge emphasis on who the president is, but most people really don't even know their local representatives.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, supervike said:

We put a huge emphasis on who the president is, but most people really don't even know their local representatives.

I know who mine are and currently both senators and all representatives are Democrats.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Zenith said:

It sucks when you vote not because you like the person but because you don't want the other to win. But yeah I agree with you, voting is important.

This election makes me begin to question is it truly important, if in reality it's all just a waste. I know I'm no better, but at least like many starting to see the forest for the trees, and know I need to better educate myself. 

Can only imagine some 20-50 years later our kids/grandchildren will look back on this, and be like WTF is wrong with you people??? 

• Like 3

voting is important..  here you have to vote you have no choice lol..

and we generally vote for the persons.. though that can also mean your voting for someone you don't want when preferences come in..

I agree. Regardless of who you vote for, go vote. If the guy you don't want wins, at least you tried.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

i will say this again replace everyone in the senate and house.  maybe they will start listening to the people again vote third party if you can.

• Like 1

i wanted to remind you that you can write in a vote too like for romney.

Edited by danielost

People can indeed do write ins if they want- there usually is a write in space on the ballot. However, keep in mind for every write in you do- that's time that an election inspector has to take to log that off vote after the polls are closed. So that increases the time before results can be posted. And it's also a total waste of time when it's someone that isn't honestly in the race.

On 10/23/2016 at 10:25 PM, danielost said:

i will say this again replace everyone in the senate and house.  maybe they will start listening to the people again vote third party if you can.

Well, technically, not everyone in the Senate is up for reelection yet. Only a third of them, I think.

:tu: :td:

4 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Well, technically, not everyone in the Senate is up for reelection yet. Only a third of them, I think.

:tu: :td:

replace everyone you can this time next time and next time.

On 10/11/2016 at 4:46 AM, danielost said:

If voting made a difference it would be against the law.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

If voting made a difference it would be against the law.

Maybe, but what about voting with your wallet? I know crazy concept didn't understand it until recently lol. 

11 hours ago, danielost said:

replace everyone you can this time next time and next time.

Trump says that he'd push for severe term limits for Congress.

• Like 3

I'm voting for the very first time ever today and can't wait to go through the process and see what it's like.

Are there any protocols I should follow? Like calling Trump and telling him not to hold his breath?

:)

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Nightgale said:

Maybe, but what about voting with your wallet? I know crazy concept didn't understand it until recently lol. 

Woody Harlson (think that's how you spell his last name) has a good video on that very subject.

If your talking about big business that is.