Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Creepy clowns phenomenon spreads to the UK

UM-Bot

Man in clown mask 'stabs teen in Sweden'

• A man in a clown mask has stabbed a teenager in western Sweden, police have said.

The youth was left with minor injuries following the attack, which happened when he went outside for a cigarette in Varberg, south of Gothenburg.

It came the day after two people in clown costumes reportedly threatened to kill a woman in central Sweden. 

The reports are the latest in a wave of "creepy clown" sightings in Europe and the US.

• http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37657072

• Like 1

Personally...I wouldnt have a problem with a creepy clown jumping out and scaring me....yes he may startle me at first...but then Id just knock the idiot out. Halloween is once a year, for one day only...YOU JUST KNOW....that kids will be dressing up and knocking on your door for trick and treat...and even that should have stopped well before 9pm....

10 hours ago, Silver_Lyre said:

Man in clown mask 'stabs teen in Sweden'

A man in a clown mask has stabbed a teenager in western Sweden, police have said.

The youth was left with minor injuries following the attack, which happened when he went outside for a cigarette in Varberg, south of Gothenburg.

It came the day after two people in clown costumes reportedly threatened to kill a woman in central Sweden. 

The reports are the latest in a wave of "creepy clown" sightings in Europe and the US.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37657072

•  

•  

Was it a Muslim clown? 

Edited by Grand Moff Tarkin

A clown that don't drink alcohol or touches a ham sandwich ... oh wait ...

~

In the US a person who was dressed up as a creepy clown and was walking down the street was shot and was critically wounded by someone in a car who got out and shot the person.  It was only a matter of time before something like this happened.  The person who did this was not justified as this person wasn't a threat to them nor had this person verbally or physically threatened them.  They should have called police and kept a eye on the clown.  I'm not sure if the person who shot the clown was caught but if they were, they can't claim self-defense.  If the clown was pointing a gun or weapon at them, it would be a different story.  

6 minutes ago, baronesslucy said:

In the US a person who was dressed up as a creepy clown and was walking down the street was shot and was critically wounded by someone in a car who got out and shot the person.  It was only a matter of time before something like this happened.  The person who did this was not justified as this person wasn't a threat to them nor had this person verbally or physically threatened them.  They should have called police and kept a eye on the clown.  I'm not sure if the person who shot the clown was caught but if they were, they can't claim self-defense.  If the clown was pointing a gun or weapon at them, it would be a different story.  

No, no one in the US dressed up as a clown has been shot- there have been a couple false stories about this though.

This story came out of Ft. Wayne, Indiana.   

5 minutes ago, baronesslucy said:

This story came out of Ft. Wayne, Indiana.   

Yes, and that story was fabricated by a fake news site- it was a hoax.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baronesslucy said:

Sorry about that.

Don't be sorry about it- you're not the one that made the hoax. But do try to check your stories before believing them or not or passing them on unchecked- that is part of what is fueling this craze.

• Like 1

On 15 October 2016 at 4:51 PM, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

Was it a Muslim clown? 

I don't get what you mean when you say... 'was it a Muslim clown.' 

1 minute ago, Silver_Lyre said:

i was referring, obliquely, to the fact that if someone is stabbed by anyone it's almost invariably reported excitably as being "possibly by someone of Middle Eastern appearance", with the implication that they're a Mad Jihadist. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

i was referring, obliquely, to the fact that if someone is stabbed by anyone it's almost invariably reported excitably as being "possibly by some of Middle Eastern appearance". 

...well, i bet Muslim's would take offence at being labeled as psycho clown killers. ISIS would probably love the tag though. I hope they don't get any idea's. 

On 10/15/2016 at 2:51 AM, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

Was it a Muslim clown? 

1 hour ago, Silver_Lyre said:

1 hour ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

i was referring, obliquely, to the fact that if someone is stabbed by anyone it's almost invariably reported excitably as being "possibly by someone of Middle Eastern appearance", with the implication that they're a Mad Jihadist. 

1 hour ago, Silver_Lyre said:

...well, i bet Muslim's would take offence at being labeled as psycho clown killers. ISIS would probably love the tag though. I hope they don't get any idea's. 

Well.... I'm going to say let's not invoke the Muslim version of Godwin's Law or potentially Godwin's Law itself. anymore in this thread please. Neither have any place in any way, shape or form in this thread.  I'm saying this as as moderator.

As a member...

This is a currently true crime/urban legend wildfire springing up. It's true.

Heh, in recent music news.... Insane Clown Posse popped on the top of news filter today- They are decrying this. The clown from Slipknot is changing his name for now. In commercial news. McDonald's is pulling back Ronald.

Edited by rashore
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rashore said:

Well.... I'm going to say let's not invoke the Muslim version of Godwin's Law anymore in this thread please. Neither have any place in any way, shape or form in this thread.  I'm saying this as as moderator.

I was being satirical about the kneejerk attitudes of the Media, I'd have hoped was fairly obvious.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

I was being satirical about the kneejerk attitudes of the Media, I'd have hoped was fairly obvious.

Satire or not aside on your behalf. Let's leave Muslims and such out of this conversation and leave it to discussion about clowns.

17 hours ago, rashore said:

Heh, in recent music news.... Insane Clown Posse popped on the top of news filter today- They are decrying this. The clown from Slipknot is changing his name for now. In commercial news. McDonald's is pulling back Ronald.

Big fan of Slipknot here I see this is getting pretty serious hopefully this comes to safe end

Well apparently these people were not educated in the dangers of perhaps...clowning around?

• Like 1

The New must have worn off chasing pokemon on an iPhone so kids are looking to dressing up as clowns to get their thrills.:whistle:

Here in the states I have seen a lot of it attributed to marketing and publicity, and once a fad catches on people try to exploit to become internet famous.

This seems to have taken the place of the "razor blades in candy" hysteria that has lasted almost 50 years, yet as far as I know, never actually happened. When they were reporting clowns here in St. Louis, the news reporter actually had a smirk on her face. Problem is, those who are perpetuating the "sightings" are also generating a "crying wolf" scenario. Thankfully Halloween only comes once a year.^_^