Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

N.Z. Tourist Plunges To Her Death

ouija ouija

7 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Right my Son was into one of those relationship where the girl wanted to be beaten all the time  as sexual kick.  Guys  be ware  of those women, other wise you will be the one to be blamed for defending your self.

Something of a rarity you'd have to think.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Something of a rarity you'd have to think.

Sad but that is the case when the women comes back on these men by  beating them .

• Like 1

It was clear he had injuries,  if this  women did like the kind of kinky sex of being beaten, what was the guy suppose to do when she started  beating on  him, but lock her out.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2016 at 1:27 AM, timewarrior said:

And she should have not thrown rocks at him or as previously mentioned by psyche101 left when asked.  We are each responsible for our own actions or lack of actions.  Both male and female.  To assume that a man must concede to every request of a woman or even be accountable for her own actions (i.e. climbing down the F&*cking balcony) is not only sexist, but just plain dumb.  Women are suppose to be responsible human beings, and should be held accountable for their own actions and choices and should be considerate of the requests of other human beings, including men.  

To me, they were both drunk off their @$$es, willingly engaged in freaky kinky sex, and were probably still kinda engaging in some sort of bizarre love-hate relationship (i.e. not really wanting to go cause more sex could be had, yet not really wanting to stay either because the novelty was wearing off).  Unfortunately as the alcohol went through their systems, other, darker aspects of both their personalities came to bear to where she start becoming abusive, he acted like an @$$, but still managed to keep his cool and just tried to contain her until she calmed down, and she decided to do one more stupid drunk thing, which resulted in him (being affected by both alcohol and shock) further engaging in his @$$hole like behavior which caused the police to suspect him. 

In short, they both got drunk, they both behaved badly and they are both responsible for their own actions.  She is responsible for getting herself killed by engaging in a really stupid stunt.   And he has to live with both how much of a miserable @$$ he acted like afterwards and the fact that if he had only dragged her abusive @$$ in the opposite direction, gone the extra distance to the front door, and chucked her @$$ out, then she might still be alive.  He may not be responsible for her death, but if he has any sort of human emotion in him, he'll definitely look back on his own actions with retrospective regret.  Heck, I do it every time I order something at a restaurant for pete's sake. . .

BTW:  What was her state of dress at the time?   Was she fully clothed?  Partially clothed?   I can only imagine the outrage that we'd be hearing from some of you people if he HAD thrown her out the front door and she was in her knickers.   My god, he abused her and exposed her half naked body to the public!  Crucify him!   Even if she was clothed, he threw he out, he was rude and hurt her feelings.  what a cad, crucify him!   

The entire lot of you whiny little complainers just really sticks in my craw.  Life in not fair.  It is cold, hard, cruel and a generally miserable experience.  The only good aspects to life is sleeping, eating and F&$cking.   And half the time, even that stuff is bad for you or will get you killed.   Stop contemplating what he should have done, or what you, in your exalted superiority you think you have would have done and just accept the facts of what he did do during a situation you weren't there for and based off that and the evidence that supports it, determine what he was LEGALLY responsible for.  A jury has decided, after very careful deliberation, that enough evidence exists to support his version of events. 

Get over it. 

And move on.

Now the prosecution could try him for holding her hostage perhaps. . .but then again.  .the same d@mn tape kinda shows he had a good reason for it. . .

She got violent, he tried to gain control of the situation, it didn't work.

Accept it, get over it, and move on. 

Just because people are saying Tostee is not a murderer is enough reason for Hab to go on the attack. He would be defending him if we had not happened along just to buck the system most likely. 

There is a small part in both gender's that often make one question the sake of humanity.  We are both violent and horrible to each other.  Women more often will attack with weapons, men will more often attack with strength.  It has been that way since our miserable species crawled out of Africa and took over this inconsequential little rock of water and ice.   The only good aspects of ourselves is when we come together and create life and work together to get through the misery and the mire.  It's how we survived the stone age, the medieval age, and every other freaking age until now.  This rampant and just plain stupid hatred towards men and interpersonal relationships is probably going to be our own downfall.  pretty soon we're going to have a generation where the men will not, out of fear and possibly resentment because they've told so many times that they are not wanted, engage in any type of relationship with a woman.  In turn we will have a generation of women who will never know what it's like to be worshiped by the loving eyes of a man because of either her own fear or because her own toxic attitude about gender relations.   Vilifying our differences, rather than celebrating  and enjoying them will make this world a poorer place. . .Granted the decrease in population would do the world some good. . . I still find it sad. 

Cases like Tostee and other like him are cautionary tales with dire foreboding of the nightmare to come.  As is all the false rape allegations that occur (where the woman is NEVER punished for lying).  The reporter asked Tostee why he recorded the night, and you could almost sense that he wanted to say it but couldn't. . .he recorded the encounter just in case this woman whom he just met, would decide for whatever reason, to claim rape against him after engaging in consensual sex.  He did it to protect himself.  And guess what. . .it worked.  It showed his side of things.  I think we're going to see more and more of this. . .men will start recording secretly their encounters with woman as a measure of protection against false accusations. . .

Still others though will decide that the other side is just not worth it. . .and to be honest, I think this needs to happen and rather quickly.  The only way to stop all this nonsense is for one side to give the other side a major wake up call. . .men will collectively rise up against women and hurt them in the worst possible way. .. they'll ignore them. . .and believe me. . .that act alone. . .will hurt more than any other sexist troll comment on any and every other forum on the internet. . .

Part of me wants that wake up call. . .part of me needs it. . .but the rest of me just can't fathom and fear how much it will hurt on both sides. . .for most men. . .women are an addiction to which there is no suitable replacement, and there never will be. . .still without it. .. things will only get worse. . .

Man, some of us do the right thing. Actually I would suggest the vast majority do. 

Personal desires change things, and then we all get hung under one banner. It is just wrong. 

Oh and regards to D.B. cooper, I've stated repeatedly that it was possible for him to survive and have it on good authority (i.e. spoke with a former fbi agent on another forum who had previously worked on the case), that had he managed to survive, he would have been able to spend the cash after a few years  and it would have gone undetected.   The average life span of the 20 dollar bill is like 5 years. . .and the treasury department did not expend countless tax payer resources testing every freaking $20 bill they destroyed to see if it was from the heist.  Manually such an act was impossible.  The only reason they were able to identify the money found by the side of the river was that it had been reported to the fbi and they manually tested it.   If no one suspected anyone and no one reported  a bill. . .then it's likely they ended up back in the treasury and were destroyed decades ago.  

Just a little reasonable doubt for all the naysayers there. . .Unless you show us a body and find the rest of the cash. . .there will always be some lingering doubt. . .

Interesting case, no doubt. I wonder if there'll ever be a definite there?

On 12/31/2016 at 11:14 AM, docyabut2 said:

Sad but that is the case when the women comes back on these men by  beating them .

It is less and less rare all the time. Hear about it WAY too often Thank you for the personal aspect. This sort of thing needs to get out there instead of pretending it did not happen We are not in the 1950's anymore as Hab seems to think. Bad as each other. nobody is perfect. 

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 6:09 AM, DebDandelion said:

How is the finger? And the lawsuit?:D

Physically, I've been told by countless medical professionals I've met in numerous back alleys and walk in clinics that it has healed after weeks of intensive therapy and holistic medicine involving various forms of human sacrifice and self sexual mutilation/fornication.  Emotionally, I'm a fragile wreck.  A literal shell of a man that has been reduced to a quivering pile of jelly at the severe trauma I've had to endure.   Spiritually, I've lost all faith in humanity and in the concept of gravity, the law of averages, and in the basic chemical reaction between an irate, rude hamster and a lit fart.  Financially, I suppose I'm okay. . .but then again. . .it's never really enough is it?  #moneymoneymoney! 

As far as I can tell, the lawsuit is going swimmingly.   My lawyer, "Sir, not appearing in this thread," has assured me that the highest court in Make Believe Land has taken jurisdiction over the case and just as soon as we sacrifice ten million chickens and actually locate the party being sued, we can proceed at will.  

6 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Just because people are saying Tostee is not a murderer is enough reason for Hab to go on the attack. He would be defending him if we had not happened along just to buck the system most likely. 

Man, some of us do the right thing. Actually I would suggest the vast majority do. 

Personal desires change things, and then we all get hung under one banner. It is just wrong. 

Interesting case, no doubt. I wonder if there'll ever be a definite there?

For the first point:  That's just stupid.   Either you believe the facts are you don't.   While I agree that one must play devil's advocate. . .there is a limit.

For the second point:  I agree we all generally try to do the right thing.  However if you let personal desires dictate your actions 100 percent, then you run the risk of finding yourself in jail, dead, or even worse, locked in a loveless marriage with a mentally insane partner and equally unstable offspring.  In the end, we all end up the same. . .compost in the garden that is life.  

For the last point.  At this point, it will require either the discovery of the body, or a willing confession with foolproof proof.  So not likely anytime soon.  However, the fact that no one has actually come forward to say:  "hey, my relative/friend/lover/husband/associate who kind of looked like the composite and disappeared completely after that fateful day," demonstrates to me two things:  a.  Either he survived, or 2.  He was such a loser/loner that NO ONE noticed his disappearance from the face of reality.   Seriously, even prostitutes are eventually reported missing by their family or other prostitutes. . .it's extremely rare when no one fails to take into account a person's disappearance.  There may be disconnects (say person from country A dies in country B and the missing report is in country A while the coverage of the body is in Country B and you have to have luck that some moron in authority can put two and two together and get 12), but there should at least be something in this day and age. . .at least one would think so. . .

• Like 1

16 hours ago, timewarrior said:

For the first point:  That's just stupid.   Either you believe the facts are you don't.   While I agree that one must play devil's advocate. . .there is a limit.

Could not agree more. Just bagging stuff because you are not into or do not understand it is just a lousy quality in a person. 

For the second point:  I agree we all generally try to do the right thing.  However if you let personal desires dictate your actions 100 percent, then you run the risk of finding yourself in jail, dead, or even worse, locked in a loveless marriage with a mentally insane partner and equally unstable offspring.  In the end, we all end up the same. . .compost in the garden that is life.  

For sure, it just sucks that the 5% affect the other 95%. Something we have to live with but hardly justified. And why some are trying to put a man behind bars for murder when there is no good reason to accept such a conclusion. 

For the last point.  At this point, it will require either the discovery of the body, or a willing confession with foolproof proof.  So not likely anytime soon.  However, the fact that no one has actually come forward to say:  "hey, my relative/friend/lover/husband/associate who kind of looked like the composite and disappeared completely after that fateful day," demonstrates to me two things:  a.  Either he survived, or 2.  He was such a loser/loner that NO ONE noticed his disappearance from the face of reality.   Seriously, even prostitutes are eventually reported missing by their family or other prostitutes. . .it's extremely rare when no one fails to take into account a person's disappearance.  There may be disconnects (say person from country A dies in country B and the missing report is in country A while the coverage of the body is in Country B and you have to have luck that some moron in authority can put two and two together and get 12), but there should at least be something in this day and age. . .at least one would think so. . .

Didn't his daughters claim they recognised a late photo o hime though, that would have been after the jump? Although hard to imagine not letting your kids know you are alive. Would the man himself still likely be alive today - had he survived the jump? 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 11:35 PM, psyche101 said:

Could not agree more. Just bagging stuff because you are not into or do not understand it is just a lousy quality in a person. 

For sure, it just sucks that the 5% affect the other 95%. Something we have to live with but hardly justified. And why some are trying to put a man behind bars for murder when there is no good reason to accept such a conclusion. 

Didn't his daughters claim they recognised a late photo o hime though, that would have been after the jump? Although hard to imagine not letting your kids know you are alive. Would the man himself still likely be alive today - had he survived the jump? 

First of all, how did I miss this reply?   And "b", glad you agree.  Society in general sucks. . .it has always sucked and will forever more suck.  At the very least, the recent advances in the west have made it less sucky. . .but one major war later. . .and then bam. . .back to the dark ages. . .

regarding d.b.  He might be alive today. . .though I say in about ten years the likelihood of that will be waning. . .

• 11 months later...

Her previous self harm isn’t uncommon for where she’s from, here in NZ the suicide rate is high as heck and most teens go through that stage at one point or another - I personally know more young women that have engaged in self harm that haven’t, all from different backgrounds etc. I don’t think that makes her more likely to be a potential victim at the time she died because she may have been in a better state or have gotten help for it, although I don’t know for sure.

if she was attacking him why didn’t he lock her out of the front door though, trapping her on the balcony was a recipe for disaster. 

I find the call he made to his father real suspect though... why would you call him first and not the police if you had nothing to hide? 

As for something I read on here about strangulation being n/a - there are factors you can use to determine whether it has happened, but as it’s not cause of death I doubt there’d be much noticeable damage done to come to an informed conclusion.

from my p.o.v though (just briefly summarized) he could have removed himself from the situation and waited for authorities to remove her from the premises if he was truly worried about his welfare, or if worst came to it - removed her out the front door and locked it. 

I dunno man... such a messed up case...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Post removed. Just a little reminder that posts should not be explicit.

• Thanks 1