Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Drama at Area 51

Sweetpumper

WHAT ARE THEY HIDING?

Dramatic moment bikers who stumbled onto ‘secret back gate’ of Area 51 are frisked at gunpoint by mystery gunmen in army fatigues

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1956111/dramatic-moment-bikers-who-stumbled-onto-secret-back-gate-of-area-51-are-frisked-at-gunpoint-by-mystery-gunmen-in-army-fatigues/

• Like 1

Area 51 is a military zone. You know if you try to get too close to any military zone and start poking about you are going to get stopped, especially today now we have terrorists from all angles of the world who would love to blow up sites like this.

And below is why they do not want you near there, what did they expect? have these bikers never heard of military zones before and that you just do not hang about there.

The base's current primary purpose is publicly unknown; however, based on historical evidence, it most likely supports the development and testing of experimental aircraft and weapons systems (black projects)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_51

• Like 9

They knew exactly where they were, and what to expect. Them fcking ship heads

• Like 6

6 hours ago, MissJatti said:

They knew exactly where they were, and what to expect. Them fcking ship heads

At a top secret facility, I would be rather worried if security did not know they had people at their fences.

Cheers,
Badeskov

• Like 8

Seems kind of fake, those fatigues seem off along with their gear. Also a white Ram pickup?..I figured they would be in a Humvee or something that stands out a bit less...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mudflap said:

Maybe they didn't see the signs that say go away or you could be shot. 

They'd most likely to have intentionally ignored them.

• Like 2

Those guys seem to be a little aggressive to the bikers, especially having a gun drawn, that's crazy. Not so sure about the authenticity of this one.

Those guys seem to be a little aggressive to the bikers, especially having a gun drawn, that's crazy.

If they're intruding without invitation then they deserve to be treated with aggression. That's just common sense.  At least they just didn't shoot them.

Not so sure about the authenticity of this one.

Could be fake.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mudflap said:

Maybe they didn't see the signs that say go away or you could be shot. 

Then these bikers should not be allowed on the roads. When you drive any vehicle you should be able to read road signs, and when approaching a military zone there are enough warning signs not to be missed. These look like experienced bikers, and it would be worrying to think they can not read warning signs.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Goodf3llow said:

Seems kind of fake, those fatigues seem off along with their gear. Also a white Ram pickup?..I figured they would be in a Humvee or something that stands out a bit less...

Thread derailment..is that the stranglers in your avatar? If so watch out for the skin deep.

• Like 1

If they opened a gate and went inside I can see that as trespassing and can understand the treatment they got but if they were riding along a fence line on the outside that's Kinda rough . Maybe I missed that in reading the article 

2 hours ago, Kurzweil said:

Thread derailment..is that the stranglers in your avatar? If so watch out for the skin deep.

It's characters from Goodfellas (one of my all time favorite movies)

goodfellas.jpg

Sorry to continue the derail, carry on everyone else.

• Like 3

On a job I did at a military installation I was exiting at the end of a long day and paused to look at a rusty small sign along the side of the road. It was a small and hard to read sign that said "UFO landing this way." An arrow pointed off into the wilderness. At least the base and its officers had a sense of humor.

Edited by stereologist
  • Like 7

12 minutes ago, Mudflap said:

If they opened a gate and went inside I can see that as trespassing and can understand the treatment they got but if they were riding along a fence line on the outside that's Kinda rough . Maybe I missed that in reading the article 

They have a  innerfence i think and the base is surronded by land by ranch owners, so they are in private land anyway beforebthey even reach thenwarning signs

15 minutes ago, JesseCuster said:

It's characters from Goodfellas (one of my all time favorite movies)

goodfellas.jpg

Sorry to continue the derail, carry on everyone else.

Interesting. The band i spoke of has a similar album cover. Taken well before the goodfellas movie. True classic by the way. I care none for any of the actors in it but the story line was almost perfection.

23 hours ago, Sweetpumper said:

WHAT ARE THEY HIDING?

Dramatic moment bikers who stumbled onto ‘secret back gate’ of Area 51 are frisked at gunpoint by mystery gunmen in army fatigues

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1956111/dramatic-moment-bikers-who-stumbled-onto-secret-back-gate-of-area-51-are-frisked-at-gunpoint-by-mystery-gunmen-in-army-fatigues/

I just have to LOL at the article headline- They stumbled into this gate? Nope- it's a gate area they knew full well was there and had visited- and been kicked out of- before. They knew full well where they were going, that they were breaking the law and trespassing, and would be stopped and thrown out- again. In the article, it references their previous trip months before- I went and watched that one. Warning signs are up and clear. And the guy talks about when they were there earlier yet and got booted. I didn't continue from there to see if they did it any more times or not.

Since these guys have done this at least a couple times before... I'm really not surprised that the guards might recognize them, and sick of their trespassing crap.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, stereologist said:

On a job I did at a military installation I was exiting at the end of a long day and paused to look at a rusty small sign along the side of the road. It was a small and hard to read sign that said "UFO landing this way." An arrow pointed off into the wilderness. At least the base and its officers had a sense of humor.

I doubt that would work nowadays ... them is so much smarter that they'll go the opposite way that the arrows are pointing .. :lol:

~

• Like 2

I grew up near an army base. There was an exercise strip....which featured the six foot wall climb...the horizontal telegraph pole for crossing over by crawling or on foot.., swinging footbridges, quite tricky to move across, higher than normal  monkey bars, and my fave, a huge/high rope net climb, a bit like this but much stronger and MUCH higher...amongst other stuff like rope swings

a7c7e89c7d6fa399880e94e56bb9b993.jpg

well....as kids, we saw it as a an adventure playground...and I remember the 2nd time I ever played on it...my mates were on various bits of the course....I was at the top of the rope climb, momentarily frozen at how high it seemed, and a bit too nervous on whether I could climb over the top and down the other side...when....all of a sudden, two MP's appeared (military police), one had the pick axe handle they used to carry as clubs, and one had a huge Alsation barking  They screamed at me to get down, while also screaming at my young mates and rounding them up. I still remember how scared I was, legs and hands shaking so bad I thought Id fall of the ropes before getting down, tho I made it.

we were lined up against a fence....the screaming and shouting only got worse as we had to give our names and addresses, one of the younger kids burst into tears, while the rest of us stood with twitching rectums...then we were to told, at the top of their voices....to F-Off home and never come back...or else next time...we'd really be in trouble

Well we were out of there -pretty damn quick! I told my mum what had happened...then SHE started yelling "well what did you bloody expect, its for grown men not kids...and it was on the army base...its THEIR property, ...and I had no right being there". Yeh no sympathy from mum either....

But the MP's had shouted to scare us off, my mum had shouted and the message sank in......dont play on military grounds

A simple lesson to learn, and I never played over there again.  Its MOD/army property. Signs everywhere warned trespassers will be prosecuted...tho as cocky kids we did what we wanted

So I dont see any issues with MP's doing the same on another base.....patrolling and approaching trespassers seems entirely normal to me and it DOES NOT mean that theres any secret facility....its their property and they have a job to guard it

Simples.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mudflap said:

If they opened a gate and went inside I can see that as trespassing and can understand the treatment they got but if they were riding along a fence line on the outside that's Kinda rough 

Not really.  That place deals with national secrets.  If someone is skulking about the fence, that's suspicious in it's own right.  Take no chances.  Plus they'll need to have permission to be on the land surrounding the Area as well.  Trespassing is trespassing.

The bikers got off easy, by the way.  They could have just as well been thrown in jail.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

Not really.  That place deals with national secrets.  If someone is skulking about the fence, that's suspicious in it's own right.  Take no chances.  Plus they'll need to have permission to be on the land surrounding the Area as well.  Trespassing is trespassing.

The bikers got off easy, by the way.  They could have just as well been thrown in jail.

As others, I do not see an issue here. If the reports are correct, they should definitely be looked at.  

Cheers,
Badeskov

• Like 2