Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Need help finding a good possession book

MuZach87

so I'm new to this and I need peoples honest opinion on what they believe happened to me. And I need help finding some good books that might be able to help me find answers to all the questions I have. I'm going to share my story with you guys on here to make it easier for you to understand what kind of books or information I'm searching for. Also please don't lecture me on the whole drug problem because this was  nearly 6 years ago and I no longer suffer from any addiction except for coffee maybe. But I know so many people want to chalk up my experience to drugs and I would have as well except for the fact my girlfriend who didn't use drugs at all experienced what I did so I know there is more to this than just sleep paralysis. So here goes nothing, about 5 years ago I was struggling with a serious heroin addiction and pretty much at the end of my rope. My girlfriend had left me because I couldn't quit using and she didn't want to be apart of that lifestyle. I was more than ready to take my own life due to the severe depression that comes with heroin use and I had pleaded with my ex to give me one last chance. So she agreed and came out to the place I was staying to spend the night with me. After an entire night of talking about how I was going to stop using and get my life together if she was going to stay with me and I agreed because I truly loved this girl more than my own life. We both fell asleep and I woke up really early. I remember looking to my right out the window and seeing it was still nearly dark outside but the sun was just beginning to come up. I then turned my head back towards my girlfriend who had fallen asleep on my chest. I remember I was wide awake and had full control over my body at this point. I could move every part of my body if I wanted to. So I was laying there wide awake waiting to fall back asleep when suddenly I started being pulled towards the foot of my bed. Now most people would say this is sleep paralysis but here is the kicker. As I'm hyperventilating and completely frozen I'm looking at my girlfriend praying she will wake up and I can see her head is starting to twist because it's laying on my chest which is being pulled towards the edge of the bed. After about 3 or 5 min of this terrifying experience my girlfriend halfway wakes up to readjust herself and as soon as she does this and sets her arm back down on my chest I spring up out of bed trying to catch my breath and telling her what was happening and she tells me she felt me moving right before she readjusted herself when she had woke up. So I have a witness to what happened to me. Now most people would be so messed up over what had just happened to them but for some reason I decided to steal some money from her purse, take her car, and go get more drugs. She ended up leaving me for good that day and I spent my remaining days using drugs and attempting to take my own life on multiple occasions. I getting arrested and doing some time which helped me get my drug addiction under control and also helped me find religion. But my question to you guys is what are the chances I was being possessed by something that was pushing me away from my friends and family and pushing me towards the drugs and eventually suicide? Is that what demons want? For us to committ the ultimate sin? I just don't know what thread to put this question in and I need everyone's honest feedback please. Also I've read about sleep paralysis and if that was the case I shouldn't have been able to move my head or arms when I woke up. Just need to find a book or books that could help explain what happened to me. I'm thinking my drug use opened up a door to something evil which was pushing me to commit the ultimate sin. My girlfriend was the only person that could get me to stay clean and turn my life around and I'm thinking maybe that's why it pulled me out of the bed that day. Because I went straight to the drug dealer and my girlfriend left me for good. I spent my remaining free time attempting to take my life but obviously it didn't pan out seeing as how I'm still here. I took enough OxyContin to kill 3 grown men yet I only got really high and threw up a few times. I also spent 5 hours with a box cutter on the veins in my arm and the juggler in my neck. I came 2cm away from the one in my neck and managed to hit the ones in my arm but for some reason never bled out. Doctors told me I should have died but something had to be looking out for me. Since then I've found faith in God and live a completely different life but I still want answers as to what was going at that point in my life. Sorry if it seems I just wrote a book but I have so much to say and even more to question and desperately need answers. Thanks 

Instead of researching demonic possessions, why not stay focused on God?  Look into inspirational stories to read and, possibly, share.  Seek fellow believers and pursue wholesome activities.

• Like 2

Ok, first you should do something about that wall o text demon. Use the LBRP (lesser banishing ritual of the paragraph).

That said, here's a pretty good list...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi45rjD1NvPAhXFeSYKHSrwBYYQFgiYATAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fliberalarts.utexas.edu%2Fhistory%2Fnews%2Farticle.php%3Fid%3D6875&usg=AFQjCNERMFTKMHbbI55COVpAVZy0N9fxAQ

You might also like this sleep paralysis documentary by Dr. Hufford who has made it his life study and believes there may be a paranormal aspect to it.

• Like 1

Also, seek help about your drug and cutting problems, and that whole being suicidal thing.

Edited by ChaosRose

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

Also, seek help about your drug and cutting problems, and that whole being suicidal thing.

No longer have a drug or suicide problem. I was in a dark place at that point in my life. I shared these things with all of you because I believe that's what this demon or evil entity wanted from me. I wasn't religious at the time and only found God because of this experience. I dont need help, I've found God and have been fine ever since. 

Just now, MuZach87 said:

No longer have a drug or suicide problem. I was in a dark place at that point in my life. I shared these things with all of you because I believe that's what this demon or evil entity wanted from me. I wasn't religious at the time and only found God because of this experience. I dont need help, I've found God and have been fine ever since. 

Ok. Those books on the list are more academic fare, but you might find them interesting.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, aka CAT said:

Instead of researching demonic possessions, why not stay focused on God?  Look into inspirational stories to read and, possibly, share.  Seek fellow believers and pursue wholesome activities.

Thanks and I do, I was just hoping I could try and find some answers or maybe other people that have had the same experience and what they took from their encounters. That's why I came here and shared my story. I only found God because I witnessed this and therefor I'm grateful.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Ok. Those books on the list are more academic fare, but you might find them interesting.

Thank you I really appreciate it

1 minute ago, MuZach87 said:

Thanks and I do, I was just hoping I could try and find some answers or maybe other people that have had the same experience and what they took from their encounters. That's why I came here and shared my story. I only found God because I witnessed this and therefor I'm grateful.

I had experiences and have come to certain conclusions about them. Those conclusions are probably different from yours.

1 hour ago, MuZach87 said:

Your welcome.  I was able to gather much about how possession can effect the body by scanning 

"What does the Bible say about demon possession / demonic possession?"

https://gotquestions.org/demon-possession.html

If a demon can throw a boy, e.g. in Mark 9:17-29, what's to stop one from pulling a man?  See

"Demons and their Abilities as Described in the Bible"

http://paradoxbrown.com/demonsabilitiesbible.htm/

• 1 month later...

sorry to say this is likely not a possession situation .

Problems have in our lives. Sometimes we help create situations in which problems can flourish. Often times there are things, events etc happening all around us that we might be unaware of that lead to problems in life. Sometimes its our fault , sometimes its not, its always a mix of the two. Best thing to do is begin with self improvement, harnessing yourself, embracing urself and forgiving urself for your mistakes. Also realize sometimes things are out of your hands, we cant always be in control. This just feels like the steps to acceptance.