Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Shropshire a UFO hotspot?

Black Monk

A mysterious flying triangle has been spotted in the sky over Shropshire in recent weeks - the latest of unexplained goings on stretching over decades. Is the county a hotspot for UFOs?

The "Flying Dorito", as it has become known, was spotted near Sleap Airfield, near Wem, and over The Wrekin, the Shropshire Star reported.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-37619295

Edited by Black Monk

8 hours ago, Black Monk said:

A mysterious flying triangle has been spotted in the sky over Shropshire in recent weeks - the latest of unexplained goings on stretching over decades. Is the county a hotspot for UFOs?

The "Flying Dorito", as it has become known, was spotted near Sleap Airfield, near Wem, and over The Wrekin, the Shropshire Star reported.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-37619295

I live in Shropshire, it's very rural hilly with dark skies, people launch themselves of the hills in all types of flying contraptions.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

I live in Shropshire, it's very rural hilly with dark skies, people launch themselves of the hills in all types of flying contraptions.

Ursula

October 11, 2016 09:57

If it helps in any way we live at Burlton and Sleap Airfield is about 2 miles away across the fields at the back of our house facing West At about 6:15pm we heard a weird humming sound overhead and my husband came rushing in and said that he has just seen "the most bizarre looking thing in the sky, not a drone or jet or helicopter or model aircraft". We went outside and then both of us heard then saw a light aircraft fly overhead towards the airfield and quite low. Then about 5 mins later we both saw a black triangle exactly the same in this image come towards us from the North East and Noneley farm direction, it was low in the sky and stop and hovered over the fields that Wackley Brook runs through. It hovered for about 5 seconds or so then turned to the North then just went up into the clouds. This has to be the same thing we saw!

UF44

October 11, 2016 10:42

I work for Cobham at RAF Shawbury and I can tell you now that the triangle shaped craft in this image is not a stealth bomber, not a helicopter (of any kind), not a drone (including Taranis because all our out in the US currently), not a Vulcan bomber (too small and too big for the model), not any RAF fighter jet.

If it helps two of my engineering colelagues here at the base working on the Hawk training jet programme also saw this last Thursday at about 6:30pm on their way home to Whitchurch. Both saw it drop low over the fields to the West of Prees Green heading North. They said it behaved in a manner unlike any conventional aircraft they knew of OR worked on.

So the big questions are - What is it and who's is it?

AVMJEFF

October 12, 2016 13:59

As a retired Aviator I can assure you that craft are operating within our atmosphere that are totally beyond our current technology.

My wife and I witnessed two incandescent 'orbs' in a clear blue over our Cottage in Hampshire in June 2015.

They were at an altitude of 2-3000' completely silent and with no vapour trails although at that height I wouldn't have expected any.

They approached, one from the East, the other from the North West. They remained stationary for some ten seconds at a distance 100/150 metres, but then, maintaining at the same altitude proceeded to rotate 'clockwise' as we observed from the ground for roughly two minutes in an extremely precise rotation both in terms of velocity and distance.

They broke their formation moving away from each other simultaneously and then tracked away, one due South, the other to the West. Their separation was best described a 'lazy' initially, but both then underwent steep acceleration and disappeared from view within ten seconds at the outside.

If the image on the article is accurate, the object should have been visible to the Pilot and any occupants unless they were concentrating on other matters.

Whilst sadly there are a large number of 'hoaxes', there are an ever increasing number of currently inexplicable sightings and accounts from credible sources.

Let's not dismiss this contribution out hand...

Read more at http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2016/10/11/mystery-deepens-as-ufo-spotted-again-in-skies-over-shropshire-airfield/#046g8kqLmgHFAJlP.99

Edited by Black Monk

It's the Shropshire Slasher taking flight.

Image result for looney tunes shropshire slasher

11 hours ago, Black Monk said:

Ursula

October 11, 2016 09:57

If it helps in any way we live at Burlton and Sleap Airfield is about 2 miles away across the fields at the back of our house facing West At about 6:15pm we heard a weird humming sound overhead and my husband came rushing in and said that he has just seen "the most bizarre looking thing in the sky, not a drone or jet or helicopter or model aircraft". We went outside and then both of us heard then saw a light aircraft fly overhead towards the airfield and quite low. Then about 5 mins later we both saw a black triangle exactly the same in this image come towards us from the North East and Noneley farm direction, it was low in the sky and stop and hovered over the fields that Wackley Brook runs through. It hovered for about 5 seconds or so then turned to the North then just went up into the clouds. This has to be the same thing we saw!

UF44

October 11, 2016 10:42

I work for Cobham at RAF Shawbury and I can tell you now that the triangle shaped craft in this image is not a stealth bomber, not a helicopter (of any kind), not a drone (including Taranis because all our out in the US currently), not a Vulcan bomber (too small and too big for the model), not any RAF fighter jet.

If it helps two of my engineering colelagues here at the base working on the Hawk training jet programme also saw this last Thursday at about 6:30pm on their way home to Whitchurch. Both saw it drop low over the fields to the West of Prees Green heading North. They said it behaved in a manner unlike any conventional aircraft they knew of OR worked on.

So the big questions are - What is it and who's is it?

AVMJEFF

October 12, 2016 13:59

As a retired Aviator I can assure you that craft are operating within our atmosphere that are totally beyond our current technology.

My wife and I witnessed two incandescent 'orbs' in a clear blue over our Cottage in Hampshire in June 2015.

They were at an altitude of 2-3000' completely silent and with no vapour trails although at that height I wouldn't have expected any.

They approached, one from the East, the other from the North West. They remained stationary for some ten seconds at a distance 100/150 metres, but then, maintaining at the same altitude proceeded to rotate 'clockwise' as we observed from the ground for roughly two minutes in an extremely precise rotation both in terms of velocity and distance.

They broke their formation moving away from each other simultaneously and then tracked away, one due South, the other to the West. Their separation was best described a 'lazy' initially, but both then underwent steep acceleration and disappeared from view within ten seconds at the outside.

If the image on the article is accurate, the object should have been visible to the Pilot and any occupants unless they were concentrating on other matters.

Whilst sadly there are a large number of 'hoaxes', there are an ever increasing number of currently inexplicable sightings and accounts from credible sources.

Let's not dismiss this contribution out hand...

Read more at http://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2016/10/11/mystery-deepens-as-ufo-spotted-again-in-skies-over-shropshire-airfield/#046g8kqLmgHFAJlP.99

Very interesting, the hill i live by has radar towers and domes ( like huge golf balls) on the summit, we know when some military op is imminent by the amount of jet fighters practicing flying below the radar, have you heard of 'number stations' a guy who used to work up there many years ago told me at one time it had been a number station.

9 hours ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

It's the Shropshire Slasher taking flight.

Image result for looney tunes shropshire slasher

I'd never heard of the 'Shropshire slasher' before :)

• Like 1

Shropshire a ufo hotspot?  Unless that mean there is a large number (what is it, 4-5??) of trolls or bad observers living there, then ... No.

But I do love these folks who claim they are a retired aviator (a 'retired aviator'?? - "Tally ho chaps - Bunty, ready my Spitfire...").  Yes, 'AVMJeff' claim you're a retired aviator but whatever ya do, don't bother elucidating on the knowledge that your aviating background imparted upon you to make the claims...   while you're at it, Jeff, tell us how you do that height estimation at night, and what made you say they were 'incandescent'... Any real 'aviator' will tell you - you are full of it.

Yes, and such a darn shame that Shropshire has no-one with a decent camera...  If I lived nearby I'd loan 'em a couple.

Maybe a large stealthy electric powered glider for long range sub-radar black op insertions. 

On 10/16/2016 at 7:34 PM, hetrodoxly said:

I'd never heard of the 'Shropshire slasher' before :)

:) Daffy Duck, very entertaining. :)