Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama's Space Weather Order is passed Oct 13

Paranomaly

4 hours ago, Elsupremo said:

The "Whore of Babylon" is prophetically said to fall in one day. EMP sounds like it could do the trick.

I'm becoming more convinced daily that the US really is Babylon and that such judgment is going to fall on us.  There is no other nation on the planet that fits Babylon's descriptors better.  The single exception to that is that Babylon is said to have "killed the prophets" of God and that doesn't fit us.  Unless it's figurative and referring to the Godless culture we have spread around the world in the recent past.  Babylon will be "burned by fire" and "her doom will come in one hour".  That sounds more like a potential nuclear holocaust to me.  

Welcome to UM, Elsupremo.

21 hours ago, and then said:

I'm becoming more convinced daily that the US really is Babylon and that such judgment is going to fall on us.  There is no other nation on the planet that fits Babylon's descriptors better.  The single exception to that is that Babylon is said to have "killed the prophets" of God and that doesn't fit us.  Unless it's figurative and referring to the Godless culture we have spread around the world in the recent past.  Babylon will be "burned by fire" and "her doom will come in one hour".  That sounds more like a potential nuclear holocaust to me.  

Welcome to UM, Elsupremo.

Odd how in that interpretation, you're one of the ones who recognizes the evil, and will thereby escape the prophesied destruction...

(And I bet the fact that Rome had burned just about the time that was written has nothing to do with the prophecy...)

--Jaylemurph

• Like 1

On 10/16/2016 at 11:20 AM, Paranomaly said:

Ok last time, did anyone of you READ the order? Did anyone READ the NASA website I linked concerning space weather? If you haven't please stop quoting me with your opinions. The order isn't my opinion, the information on space wether straight from NASA, isn't my opinion. Pleas Please take time to educate yourself's and READ these 2 pieces of information.

Ok, so I took time to read the order, and the NASA article... I also looked up a bunch of stuff listed from within the order. I figured it would be nice to share some of that information...

Here's the National Space Weather Plan from October 2015 that this EO supports and is working in conjunction with: https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/microsites/ostp/final_nationalspaceweatheractionplan_20151028.pdf

16 USC 824o-1: Critical electric infrastructure security as it stands today: http://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=granuleid:USC-prelim-title16-section824o-1&num=0&edition=prelim

PPD-8, National Prepardness from March, 2011: https://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/presidential-policy-directive-8-national-preparedness.pdf

National Infrastructure Protection Plan, 2013: https://www.dhs.gov/publication/nipp-2013-partnering-critical-infrastructure-security-and-resilience

EO 13642, May 2013: Making Open and Machine Readable the New Default for Government Information: https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/05/09/executive-order-making-open-and-machine-readable-new-default-government-

This space weather situation has been going on through the gov for several years now, and plans and studies have been rolling along. The EO in your OP isn't any sort sudden scary deadlines- it's the implementation of several years worth of efforts, and giving deadlines for getting it all done. This has been going, on, none of the agencies were surprised by this and suddenly have to scramble or do huge amounts of effort to get it done in 120 days- they have already been getting it done and now is the time to officially launch the program. Heck, at least one of the orders listed in that EO goes back to 1993- this ain't sudden or mysterious man.

And there isn't any hidden EMP bombs from other countries or silliness in that either. It's a dry acknowledgement that space weather can have an effect on our power grids with the way they currently are set up, and we need to address that and implement counter measures for if this happens. Just the same as we acknowledge that regular weather can knock out power, and we need to be able to be prepared for that too.

• Like 4

On 10/28/2016 at 3:36 PM, jaylemurph said:

Odd how in that interpretation, you're one of the ones who recognizes the evil, and will thereby escape the prophesied destruction...

(And I bet the fact that Rome had burned just about the time that was written has nothing to do with the prophecy...)

--Jaylemurph

It's not odd at all that *snip* yourself would make that leap without a single word on my part though.  No need to actually work from my context when you can make up your own and seem condescending in the bargain *snip*

Watch the language and personally attacking commentary please.

Edited by rashore
3c, 3f

On 10/15/2016 at 5:07 PM, Kurzweil said:

I'll be ok. I have a rotary cell phone

how does your phone work without power.