Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did I open my third eye?

Slytherin.girl

Hi everyone! So yesterday I did a few third-eye opening excresuses for the first time. In total I probably spent 15 minutes on all of the exercises. After I was done I opened my eyes and I could have sworn that I saw a ghost. It wasn't a scary experience, but a calm and peaceful, one. After about 3 seconds the ghost/spirit vanished. Did I open my third eye? Also, I felt a tingling sensation  above my eyebrows. 

Edited by Slytherin.girl
  • Like 1

Depends on the exercises you did.  It sounds more like an artifact from having your eyes closed for fifteen minutes.

By the way, welcome to U-M.  We get all types here, but mostly it's a decent lot, and you can always find a thread to talk to people with.  If you feel anyone is breaking the rules, feel free to contact any of the mods, or you can also click on the Report button (which we would prefer, because it gives us a direct link to the offending post).

Most of all, have fun, and don't let people get to you!

• Like 5

Welcome to UM, hope you have a good time here ^^

s-l400.jpg

• Like 1

Chakra's such as the third eye are a mental construct. An idea. Which represents whatever the concept it represents, in this case the 'third eye'. By meditating on this 'chakra' you are effectively reinforcing an idea till a mind-body effect is generated. Such as a feeling and/or visual image (hallucination). 

This is my opinion. If it doesn't conform to your beliefs that's fine. If you don't like my perspective that's fine. Have a nice day.

• Like 3

Oh dear, poor old third_eye. :o

• Like 4

Oh please Grand Moff ... I am enjoying myself immensely ... :lol:

~

• Like 3

You got arrested because that's not a third eye ... regardless of your beliefs ~~

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Chakra's such as the third eye are a mental construct. An idea. Which represents whatever the concept it represents, in this case the 'third eye'. By meditating on this 'chakra' you are effectively reinforcing an idea till a mind-body effect is generated. Such as a feeling and/or visual image (hallucination). 

This is my opinion. If it doesn't conform to your beliefs that's fine. If you don't like my perspective that's fine. Have a nice day.

This is true.

Third eye meditations are just a form of meditation. All types of meditations are different in results and even can influence bodily changes of hormones etc. and how the conscious mind perceives the effects of them. 

All meditations are a discovering experience of the mind and senses. After trying various types of meditations it's important to sceptically view the results. Not just opening a third eye and think that you are seeing a ghost. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

You're typing to the OP, right?

2 hours ago, aquatus1 said:

Depends on the exercises you did.  It sounds more like an artifact from having your eyes closed for fifteen minutes.

By the way, welcome to U-M.  We get all types here, but mostly it's a decent lot, and you can always find a thread to talk to people with.  If you feel anyone is breaking the rules, feel free to contact any of the mods, or you can also click on the Report button (which we would prefer, because it gives us a direct link to the offending post).

Most of all, have fun, and don't let people get to you!

Grass.

Ooops, sorry its aquatus1 !. :innocent::blush::innocent:

Hi Slytherin.girl, a Warm Welcome to UM, I wish you a Wonderful Unexplained Mysteries Journey here!

Third Eye - some believe strongly of it, others midly, others not at all.  If you have a strong belief of it, do some exercices, you will reap something that only yourselve will be able to comprehend, best of experience at UM.

7 hours ago, Slytherin.girl said:

Hi everyone! So yesterday I did a few third-eye opening excresuses for the first time. In total I probably spent 15 minutes on all of the exercises. After I was done I opened my eyes and I could have sworn that I saw a ghost. It wasn't a scary experience, but a calm and peaceful, one. After about 3 seconds the ghost/spirit vanished. Did I open my third eye? Also, I felt a tingling sensation  above my eyebrows. 

No ... you didnt. 

It does not usually happen after a 15 min  first practice ... whatever it is.

What you may have opened though .... is your 'self-delusion chakra' .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, back to earth said:

What you may have opened though .... is your 'self-delusion chakra' .

Millions of psions over the internet rage from looking at this.:lol: