Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shadowy figure lurks in empty castle

Black Monk

A father has revealed an image showing a shadowy figure prowling an 800-year-old castle - despite the ruins apparently being empty of visitors.

Alun Glen, 42, arrived at Kidwelly Castle in Wales with his wife Tara Williams at closing time but the two groundkeepers were kind enough to leave the landmark open for them to have a quick look around.

After 10 minutes inside with the castle to themselves, the couple left and wandered down the single path entrance to meet the custodians - before turning and taking a final photo of the site.

It was only when they later were looking through their snaps that they spotted what looked like the sinister shape of a person peering out of the large wooden door.

The spooky pic has even intrigued former Most Haunted star Ciaran O'Keefe, a parapsychologist and sceptic.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/721076/Shadowy-figure-ghost-lurks-empty-castle-picture-Wales-supernatural

It was not empty of visitors if he was there taking pics.....with his wife and groundkeepers about. The groundkeepers are not going to lock up and go home and leave them there. 

Maybe the groundkeepers were kind enough to  let another tourist in too seeing as it was still left open...this man does not know that.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 3

It was not empty of visitors if he was there taking pics.....with his wife and groundkeepers about. The groundkeepers are not going to lock up and go home and leave them there. 

Maybe the groundkeepers were kind enough to  let another tourist in too seeing as it was still left open...this man does not know that.

"We had a quick peak and took a few pictures inside. As we left Tara took one last picture of the entrance of the castle.

"The two custodians were standing right next to us. After we took the picture they said goodbye and we watched them walk up the path to lock the door. No one came out.

"The walls are 20-30 feet high so no one could have got in by another route. And we had just been inside - there was no one in there at all. Even the custodians stayed outside and watched at the gate for us while we went round.

"So it was quite a shock when we looked at the picture later and saw the figure. Tara spotted it and called me over saying 'look at this'.

10 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

"We had a quick peak and took a few pictures inside. As we left Tara took one last picture of the entrance of the castle.

"The two custodians were standing right next to us. After we took the picture they said goodbye and we watched them walk up the path to lock the door. No one came out.

"The walls are 20-30 feet high so no one could have got in by another route. And we had just been inside - there was no one in there at all. Even the custodians stayed outside and watched at the gate for us while we went round.

"So it was quite a shock when we looked at the picture later and saw the figure. Tara spotted it and called me over saying 'look at this'.

BS.

• Like 2

A figure is going to look "shadowy" because the lack of sunlight under the area the figure is in. Doesn't really mean it is a spectre though. Could have been another custodian that was making sure they were totally out of the castle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Black Monk said:

This is bs, how could he have known any of this? how does he know no one else was allowed in, he was  snapping away inside.

• Like 2

On 10/16/2016 at 3:35 PM, freetoroam said:

This is bs, how could he have known any of this? how does he know no one else was allowed in, he was  snapping away inside.

Take a breath there ftr, it's hardly worth getting angry over.  

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

Take a breath there ftr, it's hardly worth getting angry over.  

Lol..certainly not angry...angry would BE IN CAPS. 

I was just stating a fact.:)

• Like 2

On 10/16/2016 at 10:21 AM, Black Monk said:

A father has revealed an image showing a shadowy figure prowling an 800-year-old castle - despite the ruins apparently being empty of visitors.

Alun Glen, 42, arrived at Kidwelly Castle in Wales with his wife Tara Williams at closing time but the two groundkeepers were kind enough to leave the landmark open for them to have a quick look around.

After 10 minutes inside with the castle to themselves, the couple left and wandered down the single path entrance to meet the custodians - before turning and taking a final photo of the site.

It was only when they later were looking through their snaps that they spotted what looked like the sinister shape of a person peering out of the large wooden door.

The spooky pic has even intrigued former Most Haunted star Ciaran O'Keefe, a parapsychologist and sceptic.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/721076/Shadowy-figure-ghost-lurks-empty-castle-picture-Wales-supernatural

I have to say, I've been in a number of castles in Europe.  They reek of human emotion over the ages.  Never saw anything paranormal happening but given enough time in one, I wouldn't doubt it's a regular thing.

33 minutes ago, SSilhouette said:

They reek of human emotion over the ages.

That's just an emotional overlay you're projecting on those location.

To be honest i can't see anything in that photo. If I look real close all see is a yellow circle. Is that the ghost? If so then case closed. Never seen better photographic evidence.

On 22/10/2016 at 3:23 AM, XenoFish said:

That's just an emotional overlay you're projecting on those location.

Could be.  I was 8 years old at the time.  Was thinking mainly about spaghetti and playing hide & seek with my brother at the time; having two extremely rational parents who didn't give any credence to such "hogwash".   But my childhood perceptions were operating then quite independently of what adults were telling me "absolutely was" or "absolutely was not", back then.  And I was sensing all kinds of odd impressions while in some of those castles.  Others "felt" pretty benign.  I think it was Neuschwanstein  in Germany that gave me the biggest creep factor.   The King in charge of having it built was a bit nutty and the Nazi SS occupied it during WW II.  So there was a lot of twisted energy going through there.