Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Election is Rigged!!

supervike

Trump is ratcheting up his 'The election is rigged' notion.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/17/us/politics/donald-trump-election-rigging.html?_r=0

And he seems convinced it's true.   So, then how does he expect to win? Why would anyone bother to vote for him, if the fix is in?

If he wins, was he wrong? Or is it rigged in HIS favor?  

from a USA Today article:

Never in modern times has a major-party nominee hurled accusations — with no credible evidence — that the election results themselves can't be trusted, a development that could raise questions about legitimacy of the winner. Even in such razor-thin elections as 1960 and 2000, Republican Richard Nixon and Democrat Al Gore accepted results that some of their supporters disputed. Each called on Americans to unite.

So, what do you make of it?  Is he blowing smoke, just using rhetoric, or does he have evidence?  I think it's awfully dangerous to make these claims without something to back it.

• Like 4

I've often thought it rigged.  A candidate so terrible that he makes Hillary look good couldn't have happened by chance.  The bar has dropped so low that even baby-eating at this point won't change the polls much.

• Like 5

The US might have done better to have a King or Queen. Any suggestions to fill the vacancy ? :D

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

I've often thought it rigged.  A candidate so terrible that he makes Hillary look good couldn't have happened by chance.  The bar has dropped so low that even baby-eating at this point won't change the polls much.

My take, precisely.  The fix isn't in the vote counting.  It comes at the tables of power and money that decide which pre -approved candidate we can vote for.  IF Trump really was a wild card,then we now see how they handle "upstarts".  Absolute scorched earth.  Part of any solution to this impotence of the people is going to involve humbling the media in some substantive, very demonstrative way.  It's too late, short term to press for better education and critical thinking.  The propaganda machines have to be met with truth and it has to be done in ways they cannot easily manipulate or deny.

• Like 3

It is rigged, Super Plague Rodent Doom Rat never wins, in spite of his many liberal policies of taxation of cheese n' PB, equal opportunity housing initiatives for Vermin-Americans and broad sweeping cat deportation plans. Super Plague Rodent Doom Rat has always been there for us, the people, through the Justine Plague to the Black Plague to the Police Violence on Rats Plague.

But, wait, if that dude wins, in an election that he has already called *rigged* does that mean it was more rigged or unrigged? I am confused about the implications of rigging elections.

• Like 4

It seems to me, by the polls, the Republicans or Trump supporters would have more interest in rigging the election than the Democrats.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bubblykiss said:

But, wait, if that dude wins, in an election that he has already called *rigged* does that mean it was more rigged or unrigged? I am confused about the implications of rigging elections.

Yes, winning an election you say was rigged, means it was either very poorly rigged, or it was rigged to help you !

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, supervike said:

Trump is ratcheting up his 'The election is rigged' notion.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/17/us/politics/donald-trump-election-rigging.html?_r=0

And he seems convinced it's true.   So, then how does he expect to win? Why would anyone bother to vote for him, if the fix is in?

If he wins, was he wrong? Or is it rigged in HIS favor?  

from a USA Today article:

Never in modern times has a major-party nominee hurled accusations — with no credible evidence — that the election results themselves can't be trusted, a development that could raise questions about legitimacy of the winner. Even in such razor-thin elections as 1960 and 2000, Republican Richard Nixon and Democrat Al Gore accepted results that some of their supporters disputed. Each called on Americans to unite.

So, what do you make of it?  Is he blowing smoke, just using rhetoric, or does he have evidence?  I think it's awfully dangerous to make these claims without something to back it.

There were some rumors shortly after Ailes was booted from FOX, that the two were going to launch a new communications venture. Whether a simple TV network or a broader approach with internet and even print, who knows.  I think that if Ailes is involved it has a great chance of success.  He may be lecherous, but he's also a genius with communication.  Imagine that immediately post election, the 45% whose wishes were crushed wake up to the launch of a new outreach by Trump that shows them he isn't going to just slink away.  He plans to spend air time and pound the truth (through real journalism no less) on the internet, of her crimes and her plans.  Imagine what FOX weakly attempted with Obama, but given a 24/7 platform and the cash to make it high visibility.  It would have quite a base of support.  Just look at the impact of a single irritant called Judicial Watch.  If the Left can use the media to drone on incessantly, so could the Right.  

As to casting doubt on the vote count, it works both ways.  Imagine waking up to a Trump victory and what the Left would do.  Their hair would be on FIRE!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, -ZZ- said:

Of course it's rigged. Ask Bernie Sanders.

Seen the news lately? Most of the media, State Dept, and DOJ are doing everything they can to make sure that "Hills" is handed this election.

The DOJ and State are nothing more than political arms of the corrupt Barack Hussein Obama administration.

What's the bolding imply?

• Like 1

They did everything they could to hurt Bernie then he campaigns for her.

In a March 2016 email, Mark Alan Siegel, a former New York State Assemblyman and Democratic official, advised the Clinton campaign staff to offer Bernie Sanders and his supporters a reduction in future super delegates to pacify them. “So if we ‘give’ Bernie this in the Convention’s rules committee, his people will think they’ve ‘won’ something from the Party Establishment,” he wrote. “And it functionally doesn’t make any difference anyway. They win. We don’t lose. Everyone is happy.”"

http://observer.com/2016/10/rigged-debates-wikileaks-emails-confirm-media-in-clintons-pocket/

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, -ZZ- said:

Seen the news lately? Most of the media, State Dept, and DOJ are doing everything they can to make sure that "Hills" is handed this election.

The DOJ and State are nothing more than political arms of the corrupt Barack Hussein Obama administration.

Remember Hillary promised to keep Lynch on as AG, wonder what Bill promised her on that plane that day. So yeah they are all for her. Can't have Trump upsetting business as usual in Washington.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Why not said:

All you have to do is watch any news station or read any major news paper to see it's rigged.   Unfortionatly he's right.

The election is rigged because why?  I'm not following your logic here.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, -ZZ- said:

A slanted media does not indicate a rigged election.  That's quite a jump there.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

What's the bolding imply?

I think you know quite well what it means. It's his middle name.

What do you think it implies?

35 minutes ago, bubblykiss said:

That's the logical flaw that I see too.

1 minute ago, supervike said:

A slanted media does not indicate a rigged election.  That's quite a jump there.

Come on man, you know better than that.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, -ZZ- said:

I think you know quite well what it means. It's his middle name.

What do you think it implies?

His father was a Muslim. So?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, supervike said:

That's the logical flaw that I see too.

Hey! You said, "Logic need not apply".

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

His father was a Muslim. So?

That's where your mind went. Where did I mention his father?

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Habitat said:

The US might have done better to have a King or Queen. Any suggestions to fill the vacancy ? :D

I'm free.

• Like 4

Just now, supervike said:

The election is rigged because why?  I'm not following your logic here.

When MSM will go out looking for negative things to report on one candidate and totally ignore other known negatives about the other candidate, then yes there is a problem. 

Dammit, even you all out in left field have to see this. 

• Like 6