Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I need help astral projecting

Thugs_Lyfe

5 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

I will add that to my reading list, thanks for the suggestion.

Its really not that I just want to believe, though part of me certainly does. That in and of its self isn't enough though. First thing I did after my first experience was search for a medical explanation. To me, it isn't good enough to just hear the word hallucination to dismiss it. Especially from men who would in no way ever say that its real, even if it is. The very limited research on this subject starts with pre conceived notions that it isn't real. Ive seen here a few times where a simple description of what takes place is used as a scientific proof that it isn't actually happening. Heck this is the only subject where experiment confirms its happening, and somehow that translates into it not actually happening. Like the pilots who experience out of body sensations during flight.

I hope to one day go through the Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread and determine in just how many ways people from different backgrounds and beliefs experience the same things with like results.  That I empathize with them isn't by suggestion, because, before discovering UM, I hadn't read about OOBEs nor APs but had first hand knowledge of them.  Over time, they are experienced more instantaneously and seem less and less unusual to where it's almost inconceivable that others would lack exposure to and, thus, doubt the actuality of such things.

Peace be with you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

To me, it isn't good enough to just hear the word hallucination to dismiss it.

How about an intentionally induced lucid dream. Does that make you feel better. That you're dreaming about flying around the world, visiting mars, or whatever you desire. I dream so real you can't tell it from reality.

ff78a8b8206f6b136496006dcae66d8c.jpg

• Like 1

All you need op is .25 cents to reach the vibrational stage.

magicfingers.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

How about an intentionally induced lucid dream. Does that make you feel better. That you're dreaming about flying around the world, visiting mars, or whatever you desire. I dream so real you can't tell it from reality.

ff78a8b8206f6b136496006dcae66d8c.jpg

Well that's the thing x. I'm not saying I for a fact know anything in regards to AP. You are the one dealing in absolutes, it's you who desire to have your dogma validated through conversion. It's you who need to "feel better."

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

Well that's the thing x. I'm not saying I for a fact know anything in regards to AP. You are the one dealing in absolutes, it's you who desire to have your dogma validated through conversion. It's you who need to "feel better."

Both Xeno, and I have for many years dabbled in these things in one form, or another. We both know how the mind can be fooled.

It would feel good to me to AP, as for Xeno to cast spells. We both chose to see the reality of it than to persist in fooling ourselves.

My advice is to just lay down, close your eyes, and just let images come to you with no (I repeat no) effort of thought on your part. By doing this I have found much more interesting things than messing with my dreams which is what AP is.

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

It's not so much about validation it's that I have more to back up what I'm saying. Than claiming I can ghost around the world. I've been down that path, did it for years and I could make the very same claims as you. Then I looked into the reality of it. I learned I had been inducing some wicked lucid dreams. And yes there are things I still question that I can not fully answer yet. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davros of skaro said:

Both Xeno, and I have for many years dabbled in these things in one form, or another. We both know how the mind can be fooled.

It would feel good to me to AP, as for Xeno to cast spells. We both chose to see the reality of it than to persist in fooling ourselves.

My advice is to just lay down, close your eyes, and just let images come to you with no (I repeat no) effort of thought on your part. By doing this I have found much more interesting things than messing with my dreams which is what AP is.

Yea I love doing that. Just laying down closing my eyes, shut off my monkey brain, and just watch the show. I try to get 10-20 min in a day. Though it can be difficult to find the time 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Yea I love doing that. Just laying down closing my eyes, shut off my monkey brain, and just watch the show. I try to get 10-20 min in a day. Though it can be difficult to find the time 

I do this every night before I go to sleep. If I don't I tend to not sleep well. It's a way to ease the mind.

• Like 2

It has been my outlook for a long time that too many preconceived notions, people out to make a buck, wanting to believe, and ignorance of the mind is clouding things up.

There's sciences we are not ready to come to collectively to be aware of due to the noise.

Do not ride the Train. Take the footpath.

images (11).jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, XenoFish said:

It's not so much about validation it's that I have more to back up what I'm saying. Than claiming I can ghost around the world. I've been down that path, did it for years and I could make the very same claims as you. Then I looked into the reality of it. I learned I had been inducing some wicked lucid dreams. And yes there are things I still question that I can not fully answer yet. 

What is referred to as astral projection is an out-of-body experience that is common to lucid dreaming.  Therefore, you either object to how AP and OOBEs are defined or you question your own experience.  Whereas astral projection might better be named, OOBEs, if not actual, are adequately descriptive-- do you doubt your own observations?

Edited by aka CAT

53 minutes ago, aka CAT said:

What is referred to as astral projection is an out-of-body experience that is common to lucid dreaming.  Therefore, you either object to how AP and OOBEs are defined or you question your own experience.  Whereas astral projection might better be named, OOBEs, if not actual, are adequately descriptive-- do you doubt your own observations?

I'm saying that what you think is astral projection is a very lucid dream. A simulated reality brought on by the dreaming mind. A dream so real that you think you're walking around in the waking world. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I'm saying that what you think is astral projection is a very lucid dream. A simulated reality brought on by the dreaming mind. A dream so real that you think you're walking around in the waking world. 

Lucid dreaming is being aware that one is dreaming versus "walking around in the waking world."  

42 minutes ago, aka CAT said:

Lucid dreaming is being aware that one is dreaming versus "walking around in the waking world."  

Walking around in the waking world is called being conscious. Not in a hypnagogic or hypnopompic state.

• Like 1