Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I need help astral projecting

Thugs_Lyfe

I lie down in my bed and try the rope technique. But I always end up Laying there for hours without feeling the vibrations I have been trying for nearly a year now and I could really use some help.

Welcome.

The section wherein to look is

Dreams & Consciousness.

Of its sub-sections--

Dreams, visions and astral travel--

see the following:

Edited by aka CAT
  • Like 1

There is another avenue to astral projection which is via controlled lucid dreaming. Once oyu can dream lucidly you can consciously project your awareness any where in time and space.  There are a number of very helpful websites on this. It gets around a lot ot the tricky technical stuff and doesn't involve any vibrations etc. You just fall asleep, become aware you are dreaming, and project your consciousness anywhere you want.

It does take some time,  effort, and discipline, to power and control your movement over greater distances,   but it is easy to get started and even simple stuff is fascinating as you explore your own environment. Just hovering out of body and getting to know your own home from an astral perspective is a lot of fun. You can look a t your roof and check it for leaks, sit up on a power pole and watch people go past, chase the sparrows or bats,  listen in on conversations,  and so on.  . 

• Like 2

......     travel to a posters home and describe here what you see ..... just to prove the above is not absolute bull**** ! 

Listen to a private  conversation .... look through school girls windows  at night  .... oh the fun   ! 

Image result for Mr Walker - the Phantom listening to conversation

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

There is another avenue to astral projection which is via controlled lucid dreaming. Once oyu can dream lucidly you can consciously project your awareness any where in time and space.  There are a number of very helpful websites on this. It gets around a lot ot the tricky technical stuff and doesn't involve any vibrations etc. You just fall asleep, become aware you are dreaming, and project your consciousness anywhere you want.

The keyword in all of this is Dreaming. When you have control of your dreams, you can go anywhere you can imagine within your own wonderland. Oh....look out for this guy.

film-review-a-nightmare-on-jpg-7ec2d95d9

If you find some hot alien chicks leave those alone, they're walkers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

The keyword in all of this is Dreaming. When you have control of your dreams, you can go anywhere you can imagine within your own wonderland. Oh....look out for this guy.

And it is very hard to work out when such a dream becomes a real projection of consciousness. This mus t be verified and tested using controls and evidences   However i spent a lot of my teenage years travelling the earth solar system and universe form my local environment to the centre of our galaxy  Only parts of these travels can be tested and verified eg one of my youngest experiences was the first time i flew up onto our house roof. I was too young to have physically been up there  What i saw, including the type of nails, colour and texture of the roof, condition of the paint work, and even rusty patches  I was later able to confirm by visual inspection. Same thing for observing other places and events For example until i flew up onto the great pyramid I had no idea it had a flat top on it the size of a large room. Until i saw the stones change colour  as the dawn broke, i never knew this happened (this was back in the fifties before tv  or u tube)   I travelled to places in the solar system before the first satellite orbited the earth,  and saw and recorded sights, which only decades later were shown on film from unmanned space probes I never knew how cold the stones were at macchu picchu, or how fast they warmed up in a clear morning sun, until i projected there and sat leaning against one of the rock walls and watched the sun rise.

You can choose to disbelieve because you have the luxury of this choice. I KNOW that many times i have extended my consciousness out into the world to observe things. eg when young  and dreaming i saw my neighbour come home late one night and crash his car into his garage door frame because he was drunk  He told every one  that someone had hit his car while it was parked at the hotel, but i knew different. Only many years later did he confess to the truth. I have tested this when younger with controlled experiments. 

It is true that until, or unless, you can verify the accuracy of things you observe, then you cannot know you're actually travelling in real time and space. However, controlled lucid dreaming by itself is a fascinating and exciting adventure, especially for a young person who otherwise could only go as far as his legs pushbike or horse back could take him in the world and had no aces to tv computers  or the internet. . The sad thing about confirmed disbelief and skepticism is that it can prevent you from experimenting and discovering many exciting and fascinating human abilities.  tell me how could a young person in the mid fifties accurately see things he had never physically seen and were impossible for him to have seen?   and in the case of things like the planetary rings asteroid belt and planetary moons had never ben sen close up or filmed by ANY human being.  I flew right through the greet falls on the zambesi river and could accurtely describe their appearanc eheight sound etc ye t i was very young and had never even see those falls (remember no tv  etc)  I flew over the geysers  on the moons of saturn and jupiter in the nineteen fifties, before anyone knew they existed. I didnt know what they were made of but when i saw photos of them recently they were  very similar to want i observed nealry 60 years ago.

Ps i have never had a dream tha t scared me since i was in pre school The good thing about recognising that you are in a dream, is the awareness that not only can nothing hurt you, but that you are totally in control of every experience.  There are scary characters in some dreams, but i can eliminate, control, or manipulate them at my will.  or if they try to hurt me, i just tell them they are a part of my own character and thus can do me no harm. 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, back to earth said:

......     travel to a posters home and describe here what you see ..... just to prove the above is not absolute bull**** ! 

Listen to a private  conversation .... look through school girls windows  at night  .... oh the fun   ! 

Image result for Mr Walker - the Phantom listening to conversation

Which do you prefer? That i could travel to your home and look in your window, or that i could not.?  As you know on odd occasions i have accidentally intruded on others and  it generally does not turn out well.  But any way i have moved on from this to other interests.  In the real world all real things have real consequences unlike imaginary or purely dreamed experiences.  

and anyway, how could i travel to a home i dont even know exists (ie locate it)  but if you told me the address then  in this day and age i could cheat by googling (this was not possible for most of my life) I have travelled to peoples places around the world. The furthest was an excahnge students home on the plains of canada. She told me basically where it was and i followed a combination of railway lines and roads to locate it  I observed and recorded and reported back to her. I was correct in every detail, including observing a classic car under a tarp in an old barn which her father was going to give her as a graduation present. This really convinced her a s she had told no one in Australia of its existence and i described it in detail .

so how do you explain even a one off event such as that?  How did i know there was a fifties Cadillac convertible, with fins  and chrome details, and even the colour etc. sitting in an old log barn with a shingle roof,  when only she knew of its existence.  I saw it in my "dream" and can still today describe it in detail.  Give a rational explanation for how this is possible.  And don't tell me i am simply lying. You can believe tha t but i have to deal with this as a truth, so i would appreciate any alternative explanation. .

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

It's all in your head and a product of your imagination. It borders on delusional thinking.

Or; it is real and, you choose to disbelieve because you have no experience with it. :)  How can you know you are right about me?.  On the other hand, I know how i can know i am right.

I understand this pov and can empathise with it. It is logical, rational, but wrong, because you lack data and experience in this area.

i KNOW the truth because i have lived it, while  you are just guessing and forming a conclusion which makes you feel comfortable.  Can you not see the arrogance inherent in your statement here>

. I am certified NOT to be delusional and to be strongly grounded in reality   I have been living with, learning about, and dealing with all of this sort of stuff since I was a few years old. Since i was about 6 years old i have been consciously learning and practising skills of the mind  including controlled lucid dreaming control of bodily functions  such as heart rate breathing and emotions via mental discipline  and how to use and recognise things like accesd to the universal consciousness in everyday life.  it has worked exceptionally well for me.    For example, i have not experienced fear since i was about 10 years old. I am never angered, and have never lost control of my emotions or behaviours,  never need to feel guilt  and so on.  it is impossible for me to feel lonely or isolated because i am always connected to different parts of my mind and to the universe. 

I kind of get why people fear this sort of thing, but there is nothing to fear. i t is empowering liberating challenging and most significantly  possibly the mos enjoyable and memorable e part of life. (although many physical experiences also come close ). i have travelled in dreams allover the world in a form of virtual reality with all senses available and the memories of those experiences are stored alongside and indistinguishable from the highlights of my waking life

Waking in central Australia in mid summer to wild donkeys at the foot of our "bed" (a foam mattress on a canvas tarp) Sking down falls creek on icy snow, just after dawn  or skin diving in the pristine waters around my home town with sea lions, schools of fish and even the occasional shark,  Hanging ten  on a long board, skiing bare foot across a wide bay.  Being pursued by a shark while skiing, gliding through a clear blue sky at whyalla in a glider or hang gliding off the local escarpment. Abseiling and spelunking.  

These are from waking memories, but are supplemented by events  from astral travelling like flying through the zambesi falls, or along the cliffs of the great Australian bight at dusk, soaring over herds of wildebeest on the Serengeti plains covered in dust, checking out the statues on easter island and  the sights of south america all with full sensory input. Why limit yourself to one form of travel especially when the other is free and safe?. 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 2:13 AM, Thugs_Lyfe said:

I lie down in my bed and try the rope technique. But I always end up Laying there for hours without feeling the vibrations I have been trying for nearly a year now and I could really use some help.

Hey thug. Listen you gotta get to the vib, before you try an exit technic. Concentrate on relaxation first. Don't worry about how you will exit till the opportunity presents its self.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/10/2016 at 0:35 AM, XenoFish said:

Oh....look out for this guy.

I call them hypnic jerks! 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2016 at 3:52 AM, XenoFish said:

The vibration is called hypnic jerk. It happens just before falling asleep. 

No it isn't. Not even close. There is nothing about the vibration stage that even comes close to resembling HJ

• Like 1

On 11/5/2016 at 6:03 AM, preacherman76 said:

No it isn't. Not even close. There is nothing about the vibration stage that even comes close to resembling HJ

You keep tell yourself that. One day it might be true.

• Like 2

On 10/19/2016 at 4:06 AM, Mr Walker said:

It does take some time,  effort, and discipline, to power and control your movement over greater distances,   but it is easy to get started and even simple stuff is fascinating as you explore your own environment. Just hovering out of body and getting to know your own home from an astral perspective is a lot of fun. You can look a t your roof and check it for leaks, sit up on a power pole and watch people go past, chase the sparrows or bats,  listen in on conversations,  and so on.  . 

but what you see in your "dreams" isnt reality? For example, if you found a leak in your roof...  but it would still be cool to float around. But i Saw INSIDIOUS lol, i know what happens if you drift to far or cant wake up lol.

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

You keep tell yourself that. One day it might be true.

It's you who have told yourself that. Not long ago you admitted it was a theory of yours. What's funny is you have nothing to back it up. It doesn't even come close to meeting the standard of a theory. You literally completely made it up in your head. And no matter how much you want it to, it will never be true. 

53 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

It's you who have told yourself that. Not long ago you admitted it was a theory of yours. What's funny is you have nothing to back it up. It doesn't even come close to meeting the standard of a theory. You literally completely made it up in your head. And no matter how much you want it to, it will never be true. 

Sounds like your talking about yourself. No matter how much you believe. Astral projection isn't real. 

I find you amusing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LucidElement said:

but what you see in your "dreams" isnt reality? For example, if you found a leak in your roof...  but it would still be cool to float around. But i Saw INSIDIOUS lol, i know what happens if you drift to far or cant wake up lol.

Projection of consciousness only becomes mixed with the reality of everyone else, and different from dreaming, when you can verify/substantiate, that what you see and experience as you travel, is actually existent/occurring in real time,  and in the real world, while you are asleep. In other words that you are seeing and experiencing /interacting with, the ongoing world, while your body is in bed, and you are asleep.

Only when you can verify/ establish this, using external evidences, can it be known that you are truly projecting your consciousness.

Dreaming is a real physical /experience of the brain/mind, but limited to /controlled by your mind, and exists only within that mind.  With projection of consciousness, your mind interacts with the rest of the world in real time/space, just as it does when you are awake, but your body remains in bed. 

I was making the point that lucid dreaming is a well known and established physical reality, and  that, once you can control and cretae your dreams to include lucid dreaming on demand, you can use them for entertainment and training purposes.

However astral travel/ projection of consciousness is much rarer, and must be verified through evidences. Because lucid dreaming ALL occurs in your mind, no verification is needed

I guess i was saying that, even if you cant astral travel, anyone can learn to lucid dream, and then learn how to shape, control and create entire universes within their mind.

Just don't confuse one with the other. . 

Personally i have never experienced any negative outcomes, or problems, with going directly into a lucid dream, or in projecting my consciousness, expect for the years of learning and training and practice it takes.

Your mind and body are one, and you can travel to the centre of the galaxy and still be able to return instantaneously. It is fun to experiment with things, however. For example, what happens inside a dream where you deliberately another dreams cape within your dream? What happens to your body in the first dream while your mind is in the second dream?. 

You learn lot about your subconscious mind and how it affects your consciousness. For example what happens in a dream is often directly influenced by subconscious processing And the fears you experience are those of your subconscious manifesting in symbolic forms .  Learn to face fear,  and overcome it, in a dream, and this learned ability transfers to  waking life.  

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, XenoFish said:

You're whole body vibrates huh. Well I hope it's not this.

http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-symptoms/body-tremors.shtml

The vibration is also a product of sleep paralysis as well. Which can and does often induce a hypnogogic state. Of course it also it can be a part of falling into a lucid dream.

That is interesting. Not cause it has to do with astral projection, or that kind of vibration state, but because I have experienced this as well. A couple times I almost mistook it for the vib upon waking. I quickly learned the difference though. It's a different vibration, like a lite shaking. The projection vib feels like every cell in your body is singing a high pitched or high frequency song. 

This morning, and it happens rarely, when i feel myself waking up, but im still dreaming, i know im dreaming, but before to long i seem to wake up... there have been times in the past where i for a split second i know im dreaming and i can jump really high or something but then get sucked back in. lol

22 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Projection of consciousness only becomes mixed with the reality of everyone else, and different from dreaming, when you can verify/substantiate, that what you see and experience as you travel, is actually existent/occurring in real time,  and in the real world, while you are asleep. In other words that you are seeing and experiencing /interacting with, the ongoing world, while your body is in bed, and you are asleep.

Only when you can verify/ establish this, using external evidences, can it be known that you are truly projecting your consciousness.

Dreaming is a real physical /experience of the brain/mind, but limited to /controlled by your mind, and exists only within that mind.  With projection of consciousness, your mind interacts with the rest of the world in real time/space, just as it does when you are awake, but your body remains in bed. 

I was making the point that lucid dreaming is a well known and established physical reality, and  that, once you can control and cretae your dreams to include lucid dreaming on demand, you can use them for entertainment and training purposes.

However astral travel/ projection of consciousness is much rarer, and must be verified through evidences. Because lucid dreaming ALL occurs in your mind, no verification is needed

I guess i was saying that, even if you cant astral travel, anyone can learn to lucid dream, and then learn how to shape, control and create entire universes within their mind.

Just don't confuse one with the other. . 

Personally i have never experienced any negative outcomes, or problems, with going directly into a lucid dream, or in projecting my consciousness, expect for the years of learning and training and practice it takes.

Your mind and body are one, and you can travel to the centre of the galaxy and still be able to return instantaneously. It is fun to experiment with things, however. For example, what happens inside a dream where you deliberately another dreams cape within your dream? What happens to your body in the first dream while your mind is in the second dream?. 

You learn lot about your subconscious mind and how it affects your consciousness. For example what happens in a dream is often directly influenced by subconscious processing And the fears you experience are those of your subconscious manifesting in symbolic forms .  Learn to face fear,  and overcome it, in a dream, and this learned ability transfers to  waking life.  

so if you do a lucid dream, is your body still in a resting state? your basically just controlling that dream? So if you travel to outter space, you can always wake up and come back to reality as if nothing happened with no negative effects??? Also, astral traveling, can you get lost out of your body or even if you float outta your body, if someone wakes you up your back to the real world?

3 hours ago, LucidElement said:

so if you do a lucid dream, is your body still in a resting state? your basically just controlling that dream? So if you travel to outter space, you can always wake up and come back to reality as if nothing happened with no negative effects??? Also, astral traveling, can you get lost out of your body or even if you float outta your body, if someone wakes you up your back to the real world?

Just personally You can get lost like you can i  real life if you lack reference points.

Flying at night without a moon is the hardest. (No on second thoughts travelling through the earth or solid objects, where you totally lose vision, is the hardest)   Yes my body is simply sleeping. When i was a couple of years old i learned to float up out of my body to the ceiling. Over time i explored the inside of our house and after a couple of years, extended my travels to our large yard.

Later i went on to the local neighbourhood and after a years training did my first round the world projection.  I learned very young to control my mind /body and to know when i was dreaming so i am never scared in a dream. HOWEVER  because dreams are subconscious representations of conscious thoughts, one CAN do psychological harm in a dream  especially with recurring nightmare type dreams.

If someone wakes you then your mind returns to your body BUT it is possible to achieve a state where your consciousness is split, so you continue a dream while operating physically.

I have left my bed, gone out of the house to an outside toilet, then  returned to bed while all the time still maintaining the dream i was having   You can also maintain this duality for extended periods with practice.  Much more common is the abilty to leave a dream, wake up, do something for a time while fully awake,  then deliberately return to the same dream where you lef tit .

I reached the point where i created serial dreams, which had an episode every nigh,t and went on for a week or a fortnight They were like television shows  In a week I might have half a dozen episodes in several series  such  as a knight in king arthurs court  crew man on a space ship, biggles, a character from the arabian nights, , a vampire hunter, a traveller through parallel universes, a past, modern, or future soldier  and so on  

I could set up the scenario and let it run, with the other characters acting independently or simply control the whole thing The former was more fun  As this was before television really got going it was great nightly entertainment.   The ideas probably came from all the books i read. .