Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

evp

smallpackage

I looked back a few pages and couldn't find a topic that I once saw. But you guys know me by now, I'm blind as a bat.

I was watching the news and saw a commercial, about this new movie that was coming out (EVP) and starting thinking about it again.

Do you guys think that it is real or even possible? I don't see how it is. I'd like to try it, but our house is too noisy.

Edited by smallpackage

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zudo

• Minister Of Emotions

• shadowcat

• KornFreak

You could always try it when you house isn't noisy (3am, 4am, etc) and see what happens.

I personally have doubts about EVP's from the recordings I've heard. They could be caused by anything.

Oh, and Link.

I finally did my first EVP in Gettysburg...

I hate to hear myself on tape, so I delayed my turn for weeks... finally, two weekends ago I did it... We were in a group of 9 and 6 of the group hiked up the mountain near Pickett's Charge... I stayed behind with an older gentlman that goes with us and my friend's husband, Steve.. Steve was in my car going through pictures and Dave, the older guy, was standing outside with me.. I grabbed the recorder, laid it flat on my hand, and thought I was recording... I came up with an idea to introduce myself by name and to just talk casually to any spirit that might be out and about... I started with "My name is Brandy, is there anyone out this evening who would like to chat?" I walked back to my car then to listen to what I had... I didnt have anything because, like the goofball I tend to be, I wasn't recording... Steve showed me how to use the recorder then, and when I went back to the spot I was recording, I started with my introduction... There is five seconds of recording before I started talking... in that five seconds, there is a very clear voice saying "Brandy, help me!" It creeped me out because if I could, I would help, but I can't... While it's amazing that this may be a ghost, it's also sad for me... In the same area, we got an evp that says "Pennsylvania can't save your ass for ****."

We've found that when the guys in our group do an evp, they almost always get sworn at... The girls tend to get pleads for help, or are told to leave... it's very interesting...

The other night on the PBS channel , Nova did a three hour story of the String Theory, the mathlamatical proof of the nature of the universe. It shows how a number of universes co exist next to us, but with small differences. Now EVP and some of the other paranormal events may simply be over lap, leakage, something from this parallel space. And be because it happens at a slightly different frequency only some people and animals can see it. yes.gif Yes-maybe?

The other night on the PBS channel , Nova did a three hour story of the String Theory, the mathlamatical proof of the nature of the universe.  It shows how a number of universes co exist next to us, but with small differences. Now EVP and some of the other paranormal events may simply be over lap, leakage, something from this parallel space. And be because it happens at a slightly different frequency only some people and animals can see it. yes.gif  Yes-maybe?

422255[/snapback]

Very interesting. When are they gonna reair it? Do you have any links that have more info?

FYI, the movie that is coming out is called White Noise, and it starts January 7th -I've had plans to go and see it opening night for months now.

I've heard some EVP's that are complete crap, and others that are clear as a bell, and very creepy. I've never been successful in capturing one - but then again, I don't have the best equipment for it, either.

I've always heard that if you want to be successful in capturing an EVP, you need to have something running (ie, a fan) so that the "spirit" has something from which to draw energy. Also, you need to be nice and ask permission wink2.gif

OK.. I've always been interested in the Paranormal. From ghost to bigfoot to aliens. But evps are the freakiest by far!! Until last month I was interested, now i'm down right obsessed! lol I actually recorded a few here at my home. Now that this movie 'WhiteNoise' is coming out.... i better ease up huh? Anything is possible..... thumbsup.gif Korn!!!!!!!!

www.aaevp.com<~~~ this is an awesome site with both EVP examples and video to TV recording. blink.gif

[edit-fixed link]

Edited by Tommy

White Noise is gonna be so cool, I cant wait til it comes out. As for EVP's I can understand how a majority of them could be from anything, but there are some that are just too creepy. And if the place they were recorded at has a rep for being haunted, sometimes the EVP's will fit in w/ the stories. So I believe they're possible and real. Cool site btw KornFreak thumbsup.gif

White Noise is gonna be so cool, I cant wait til it comes out. As for EVP's I can understand how a majority of them could be from anything, but there are some that are just too creepy. And if the place they were recorded at has a rep for being haunted, sometimes the EVP's will fit in w/ the stories. So I believe they're possible and real. Cool site btw KornFreak thumbsup.gif

424163[/snapback]

nof course its gonna be awesome, Batman's coming out in it!!

Here is an EVP caught on one of our investigation.

Hope you enjoy it 

That EVP was pretty cool! I'm impressed! What kind of recorder were you using?

That EVP was pretty cool! I'm impressed! What kind of recorder were you using?

424716[/snapback]

It was just a little Emerson tape recorder

Edited by Minister Of Emotions

Has anybody ever tried (or heard of anybody trying) digital evp? My mp3 player has a record function and a built in mic, it might be interesting to see if I can get some ghostly noise on it.

I remember getting some pretty interesting sounds on audio tape just because I recorded music on the same tape too many times or had a cassette player with a dirty head or whatever. It's a little harder to get latent noise on a hard drive.

Edited by Seethe

424163[/snapback]

try this one too www.coasttocoastam.com bye!! alien.gif

Hey, if it is "actual", I would be running in the other direction. The only thing that talks back from the world of the dead is "familiar spirits" (demons) and I would be a "bit" hesitant about treading into that domain or they might decide to set up household with you or in you. ick. This is a misguided group of people encouraging this obsession with the occult.

Back in college I used to hear voices over my stereo system, which had no radio component. Of course I lived across the street from a truck dispatcher that had possibly the world's most powerful CB transmitter.

What we have here is a phenomenon that is ridiculously easy to fake, combined with a public that is easily charmed.

I tell you what. Find out if the "researchers" are using a Faraday cage to shield their receivers from ordinary earthly signal sources. If they are not, it's guaranteed bull****.

hi everyone i was just curious if there has been anyone out there that had any experiences with evp known as electric voice phenomenon:) i would love to hear about everyone that has had any stories to tell about this original.gif thanks

....No.

But I've heard of one lady who went to Gettysburg a few years back, and she got some evps that sounded like this:

"Pennsylvania can't save you worth ****."

"D*mn Yanks."

"Help me Brandy, help me!"

"Want go back home....Virgina...."

All the males mostly got cussed out but the females usually got pleas for help...intersting, no?

Hi Everyone, Im new here so bear with me please!there was an interesting article in the Daily Mail this week i saw on E V P which a guy called Penman (good journalists name i thought) anyway he mentioned that scientist arent far from proving to the general public its genuine !.

I just saw that movie white noise... I'm rather disapponited It could've been directed so much better.. I screamed once though... *spoiler* I screamed at the part where he is at the car trying to save the baby, when that face came at the window, it freaked me out cause it looked like it was coming at me. What I hated were the shot angles, they weren't very well taken, and the three evil spirit things at the end mayde the whole movie a whole lot worse, it looked so artificial like harry potter! ahh thrre black vodelmorts! the serial killer guy was also stupid I think, and so was anna's face in the miosty cloud thing. The movie never took off the plot*End of spoiler*