Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shadow man

Not

This is my first kind of story question thing so im sorry if its a bit messy

So a few of my friends and i have connected dreams involving a shadow man, In these dreams the man never talks and the dreams are all silent. we have had dreams in the same places and the same things happen. I did seek help from a religous friend and the dreams ceased for a few days but then they came back. My friends and i have all experienced waking up paralyzed and we have all seen the shadow man while awake. I have looked on websites and people all over the world have experienced similar if not the same dreams. There arent any specific emotions related to these dreams or to the people dreaming about the man. All these occurrences are rather strange and so far i have met three people who have had the same dreams as i. 

So my questions are:

Why do people dream about the same things?

Is it something to do with psychology or genetics or something?

What are your thoughts and opinions on this?

Thankyou for reading.

I dont know about your friends but you have simply experienced sleep paralysis. Its not harmful and wont hurt you physically, the images or sounds you see and hear are all in your mind. Its not reality, just sort of a dream.

• Like 1

Yes.  Or contrived.  Regardless, "shadow men" are nothing but pareidolia combined with sleep paralysis or some actual mental problems with the person involved.

• Like 1