Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brexiteer objects to laws he doesn't know!

alibongo

A caller rang into LBC chat show to say the reason he voted to leave, was so that the UK didn't have to accept EU laws.

When asked which laws he most objected to, he couldn't name any!

http://myinforms.com/en-gb/a/42611385-lbc-host-mocks-leave-voter-who-cannot-name-which-eu-law-he-would-most-like-to-repeal/

What do you think, it is fair to ask someone to ascribe a rational reason for making an irrational decision?

Or should we just accept most Brexiteers made a gut decision without considering the consequences?

• Like 2

What is it with you and your prejudices? 

• Like 1

Is he a distant relative of the guy over here who wanted to look into why Obama wasn't in the oval office on 9/11?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

Me?

1 minute ago, ChaosRose said:

Is he a distant relative of the guy over here who wanted to look into why Obama wasn't in the oval office on 9/11?

How do you equate not being able to cite the specific law(s) he was against to being mentally challenged?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Me?

How do you equate not being able to cite the specific law(s) he was against to being mentally challenged?

No, Alibongo, of course.

It put me in mind of that Monty Python sketch "What have the Romans ever done for us?"

Caller: I'm sick and tired of those Eurocrats telling us what to do...they tell us to do this, they tell us to do that..

Radio Host: What exactly have they told you to do that you object to?

Caller: Well, I don't know...but I'm sick and tired of it, and it has to stop!

All credit to the Radio Host to be able to continue the conversation in the face of such imbecility...and it takes imbecility of some order to  be prepared to risk your county's economic welfare to protest against something you haven't noticed, but were told was wrong by that great intellectual Nigel Farage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Isn't it enough that he was against a foreign body having the ability to write laws and assign trade limitations the sovereign people of England would be compelled to obey possibly against their best interest?  Trade limitations such as not being able to buy a product at a cheaper price because it undermines an EU producer of the same products ability to sell that product at a certain price? 

We were part of that inner circle..it is called Europe.

All economic entities form alliances- heard of OPEC?

3 hours ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

Is it a prejudice to hold a reasoned view?

21 minutes ago, alibongo said:

Is it a prejudice to hold a reasoned view?

What do you think, it is fair to ask someone to ascribe a rational reason for making an irrational decision?

Or should we just accept most Brexiteers made a gut decision without considering the consequences?

?

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, alibongo said:

We were part of that inner circle..it is called Europe.

And as part of that inner circle we have had to veto or opt out of every major decision enforced on us that we can, and thank goodness we had those options.  We have been over and over all this in your previous thread, I guess you felt a new one might garner some fresh support?

1 hour ago, alibongo said:

All economic entities form alliances- heard of OPEC?

OPEC is not an alliance, we are not allied in any way shape or form allied to most of the countries that are members of OPEC.  It is an organisation setup to govern and oversee the production and distribution of a vital resource.  It's role is jurisdiction over a single vital market, oil.  In short it is in no way shape or form anything like the EU, which structurally is more like a federation than an alliance.

and just because we leave the EU does not mean we give up on Europe.  I am sure even out of the EU we would still come to the aid of our close European neighbours.  There was no EU in 1914 or again in 37/38 didn't stop us stepping in though, memories are short and selective it seems, or perhaps the debts of 70 years ago have all been paid?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tarkin said:

?

Quite.

Nothing wrong with holding an irrational or unreasonable opinion either- each to his own.

But it would be wise, before voting in a referendum, to try to get some facts to make it more reasonable, don't you think?

But the guy who called LBC started a small business 2 years ago, he said- shouldn't he have checked a few facts about trade agreements, markets, commercial legislation,etc, before he put the X where that small xenophobic voice whispered in his ear and told him to?

1 minute ago, alibongo said:

But it would be wise, before voting in a referendum, to try to get some facts to make it more reasonable, don't you think?

And here clearly demonstrates the arrogance of the remoaners.

here is your fatal flaw, the Achilles heal.  The absolute belief that not only are you %100 correct in everything to do with Brexit, but that everyone else who voted remain did so for legitimate or reasons that were fully understood.  but one thing is crystal clear, you don't see brexiteers going out of their way to highlight how idiotic some of the remoaners are or how little they truly understand.

honestly, with legal cases and this thread pointing out one person that does not meet your voting threshold, it stinks of desperation, and not desperation to remain in such a noble and worthwhile institution as the EU, but desperation that you lost, and humiliation that you felt the outcome could have been anything other than an in vote!

• Like 4

Not accepting EU laws seems like a reasonable response to me.

Asking which laws is totally irrelevant and just shows that the host does not get it.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Asking which laws is totally irrelevant and just shows that the host does not get it.

Okay. I don't like certain meals.

Ask me which ones I don't like, I answer, I don't know, I just don't like them.

But which ones are causing you concern?

I don't know, I just don't like them.

Are there any you would like better?

I don't know.

Shall we move to our own menu?

Yes, great.

What's on it?

I don't know.

That sound reasonable to you?

Edited by alibongo
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, alibongo said:

I don't know.

That's not really similar though.

It's more like do you want someone else making the laws your country follows or do you want your country to make its own laws?

It makes no diffrence if I like the other laws. A dictator can pass great laws and I'm still going to choose a democracy.

Do you want someone else to pick your cereal or do you want to pick your own? 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

Yeah....theres a something the brexiteers aren't getting either though-  

We joined the EU with an eye towards certain benefits- no major wars in Europe, having a say in setting continent wide trading agreements etc . Theres a price- we have to pay in , we might not get exactly what we want, but there is always room for compromise.  So far so good.  Now, the Brexiteers are entitled to not like it, but when asked why it might be a bit more helpful if we got an actual answer, so we could look at other options, rather than vague statements and having to scrap the whole thing. 

• Like 1

I don't know.

Shall we move to our own menu?

Yes, great.

What's on it?

I don't know.

7 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

That's not really similar though.

It's more like do you want someone else making the laws your country follows or do you want your country to make its own laws?

It makes no diffrence if I like the other laws. A dictator can pass great laws and I'm still going to choose a democracy.

Do you want someone else to pick your cereal or do you want to pick your own? 

except thats not the issue either-  we mostly make our own laws anyway, and occasionally some Belgian comes up with a law like "all light bulbs sold in the EU must abide by certain standards and not blow up and kill children.", and we add that to ours if we like it, but we still get the final say in whether the law is enacted at all.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Torchwood said:

except thats not the issue either-  we mostly make our own laws anyway, and occasionally some Belgian comes up with a law like "all light bulbs sold in the EU must abide by certain standards and not blow up and kill children.", and we add that to ours if we like it, but we still get the final say in whether the law is enacted at all.

A final voice of reason!

Torchwood,I love you!

8 hours ago, alibongo said:

A caller rang into LBC chat show to say the reason he voted to leave, was so that the UK didn't have to accept EU laws.

http://myinforms.com/en-gb/a/42611385-lbc-host-mocks-leave-voter-who-cannot-name-which-eu-law-he-would-most-like-to-repeal/

Are you seriously trying to make an argument over some idiot who phoned a radio station? no one's claimed all the idiots voted remain though the more i read about Brexit the more this appears to be the case, one of your friends phoned a local station a few weeks ago claiming the Queen was a lizard in a human suit.

3 hours ago, alibongo said:

Quite.

Nothing wrong with holding an irrational or unreasonable opinion either- each to his own.

But the guy who called LBC started a small business 2 years ago, he said- shouldn't he have checked a few facts about trade agreements, markets, commercial legislation,etc, before he put the X where that small xenophobic voice whispered in his ear and told him to?

American elections have been missing that characteristic for many decades.  If you think that choosing Brexit was foolishness, wait until Hildebeast begins stealing from helping you guys with our economic policies.

2 hours ago, alibongo said:

About as reasonable as holding up some random guy ambushed on a local radio phone-in, as if he is the definitive Brexit campaigner, while ignoring all the relevant information presented to you in your own Brexit thread from posters such as stevewinn.

We get it. You love the EU. Feel free to go and live there, and witness its demise firsthand in the coming years.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, alibongo said:

The very fact Alibongo cannot distinguish the differential of one random persons performance on a radio Station, and takes that as representative of 17 Million people who voted leave tells me, the conclusion he came to voting remain is much like his post, in error.

Even i have to admit, The Bad News of pre-Brexit Continues; People in Employment up again, Between March to May & June to August (2016) Employment increased by 106,000. unemployment 10,000. Employment rate (16 to 64 years) 74.5% for June-August. Joint highest on record since records began in 1971. Unemployment stands at 4.9% that's down from 5.4% for a year earlier.

The British Economy yet again top of the class, (IMF) UK fastest growing economy in the G7 2016. Inflation increased to 1%, which will boost the economy, but is still lower than the Bank of England 2% target. and UK forecast is still to outperform Germany, France and Italy (the Big EU 3)

The doom and gloom is yet to materialise. but no-doubt its coming down the road, if we continue to believe the 'experts' and people who todate have all been wrong without exception. The very fact Brexiteers faced all these prophecies of doom and still voted to Leave shows we understood the pain, but we looked at the long term gain.

Its time to focus on what the backdrop will be when Brexit is triggered. what sort of economic situation will the EU be in during 2017-2019. The Euro has not yet survived the 2008 financial crisis, and ahead it faces the consequences of Brexit, continued Greek, Irish, Portuguese Bailouts and the looming Italian Banking Crisis. The European Central Bank is buying debt in the form of Government bonds. The ECB is buying these bonds and corporate bonds at the cost of € 80Billion a month, with mounting debt, levels of low growth and high unemployment. The EU's Flagship program - the Stability and Growth Pact has more or less failed. The EU/ECB are not even adhering to the treaties, Market discipline is done away with by ECB interventions. So there is no fiscal control mechanism from markets or politics. This has all the elements to bring disaster for monetary union. The very fact the ECB as over stretched itself, the bank already holds over €1 trillion of bonds bought at artificially low or negative yields. 

And in the words of Jacques Delors, the EU needs to create a supranational economic government with debt pooling and an EU treasury. - This sort of talk is from the French quarter, mainly because the whole reason for the Euro was in agreement with France and a mechanism for the French to keep a form of control over Germany. well that's failed, so the next option is to take the Jacques Delors proposal which aims to take away powers the German Government and Bundesbank. which if im right such a move would need constitutional change in Germany, and i cannot see the wealthier countries or their tax payers agreeing to sharing the debt burden of the poorer member and in return sharing their wealth with the poor EU members. - So its pretty clear at some point in the future, Europe will be hit by a new economic crisis. We do not know whether this will be in six weeks, six months or six years. But in its current set-up the euro is unlikely to survive that coming crisis. and that is the back drop Brexit will play out. Punish Britain at your own peril Brussels. and that crisis could be sooner than they think.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 1