Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Charlotte UFO

Shouldthisexist

On 20/10/2016 at 8:59 AM, Shouldthisexist said:

Wow I didn't even think about searching for other videos of the same event,

Well that's a bit of a lesson on your critical judgement skills, which seem to be lacking. Your 'wow' emphasises this more so.

At times in the video, it's very clear to see that the lights are flashing on and off. They are most definitely aircraft, of the human kind. As others have said, probably a military formation.
I can only hope that they were operating within a restricted area, otherwise they can be a huge pain in the **** for air traffic controllers.

secureteam etc. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

Wondering Soul, I have to ask again, did you watch the video?  So how do your explain the rapid fading off and on?  or the fact the lights were pretty much in a stationary group, yet some within the group were moving?  or how there was no engine/blade noise?

I've watched enough of it to stick with what I said.

Explain the rapid fading off and on >   Navigation lights (strobe lights flashing a high-intensity burst) the fading off could have been caused by a optical effect caused by heat distortion. They could have been test firing S-Chaff ( it has been known to happen over large cities and towns )  

lights were pretty much in a stationary group, yet some within the group were moving > looking a object flying forward you maybe look like its not moving ( see picture 3 ) see the green and red line.

there was no engine/blade noise > can easily be ruled out by Doppler effect, or they could been gliding with 10% output from the engines.

while I think it would be very naïve of us to think we at the only ones. you have to understand that earth is in the back end off the milky way.
It's like >

Hey Blerb blerb ! I know let's all leave this huge mega city where everyone is connected, and go to this little dot in the middle of nowhere.
and get our jollies by flying above their towns.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Timonthy said:

10 hours ago, Timonthy said:

Well that's a bit of a lesson on your critical judgement skills, which seem to be lacking. Your 'wow' emphasises this more so.

At times in the video, it's very clear to see that the lights are flashing on and off. They are most definitely aircraft, of the human kind. As others have said, probably a military formation.
I can only hope that they were operating within a restricted area, otherwise they can be a huge pain in the **** for air traffic controllers.

secureteam etc. lol

Manners, clearly a critical lesson your parents neglected to teach you.

Also you seem to be under the impression that somewhere in the post  that i claimed these lights were alien? I was wondering if  they might be...

• cgi
  • weather phenomenon 
  • led balloons

In the case of secureteam, I was stating that i would like to find out what it actually is before they claim it's aliens and actually ruin this video. Maybe it's reading or comprehension skills then?

The airplane is a plausible theor. Wondering soul do you mind if i ask, do you think the chaff particles would be large enough to reflect light off of them? 

On 10/20/2016 at 0:23 PM, skliss said:

I have a really dumb question..... why would aliens need lights? Surely they would have some type of advanced technology that would allow them, like night vision goggles, to see whatever it is they came here to see without announcing their presence with lights on the bottom of their crafts. Do they manufacture light bulbs on their home planets? I'm not being sarcastic, just trying to put the pieces together logically. 

Not dumb at all, this has been asked before.

There is also this: 

These lights always seen to appear in the sky, but there are no sightings of when they enter our atmosphere, which would NOT be missed by the many eyes watching the skies constantly, NASA being one of them as well as ALL these: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_astronomical_societies

http://www.astronomyclubs.co.uk/Clubs/Counties.aspx

http://www.go-astronomy.com/astro-club-search.htm

A re-entering vehicle hits the atmosphere at great speed.  That causes a very energetic pressure wave at the leading surface.  The energy density is sufficient to cause atmospheric molecules to dissociate, and their component atoms to become ionized.  This is the shroud of incandescent plasma we see in pictures and films.

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-spaceships-not-burn-up-while-leaving-the-atmosphere

Atmospheric entry is the movement of an object from outer space into and through the gases of an atmosphere of a planet, dwarf planetor natural satellite. There are two main types of atmospheric entry: uncontrolled entry, such as the entry of astronomical objects, space debris or bolides; and controlled entry (or reentry) of a spacecraft capable of being navigated or following a predetermined course. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmospheric_entry

• Like 1

Hi,

This is a very large flying bject. No one inside. Probably it is controlled remotely.

It  myght be an alien origin, but I am not shue.

I can't see anyone inside.

Sincerily yours

Mike Wolph

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 4:42 PM, Wondering Soul said:

I can be 100% certain those are not UFO's

The military uses flight patterns like this.

Mainly the CH-47, but has been used by AH-64 also.

It also could have been the new chaff we've been working on for a few years now.

Actually they are UFO's by the very definition. They haven't been identified.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 9:02 AM, Hawkin said:

Actually they are UFO's by the very definition. They haven't been identified.

I agree. By definition it's a unidentified flying object.

With that said it's not a ETFV or zoomies as we call them here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wondering Soul said:

I agree. By definition it's a unidentified flying object.

With that said it's not a ETFV or zoomies as we call them here.

Maybe there should be a new designation for these unknowns. Perhaps call them WTF's. ;)