Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Feminism has changed."

Dark_Grey

33 minutes ago, rashore said:

And jump right onto the first couple minutes of the video- and the discussion that feminism has changed. It has. As it should. There have been several issues over the course of our nations history where the inequality of women to the mens level has been unfair, unjust- and well bitterly fought against. And sometimes justly won, like women voting and being in the workplace getting equal pay, ect. Feminisim to bring women up to equal level with already existing mens levels. Every generation of women have tackled a battle- what my great gma did was different from my gma, mom, my generation.. and now the younger generation of gals in their late teens through early 30's that have their own things they champion too.

And there does seem to be a shift in topics and tactics of this younger generation IMO. It isn't just about equalizing women up to men anymore- it's about leveling the playing field entirely in some ways by tackling points of equalizing men up to women. Like when it comes to domestic abuse or sexual assault, ect. I'm not sure if there is a man version of the word feminism, but maybe there should be to more clearly define this side of equality. There also seems to be some sort of "listen to me because I'm a woman, and if you don't listen to me because I got lady bits, your a sexist, or anti- feminist, or anti-equality" action going on too. It's listen to me because I'm female, not listen to me because I have a just cause that I'm bringing up as a human being.

I think some of the people that have taken up this tactic have been backlashed against- and people are starting to realize utilizing feminism in that manner and calling it that isn't really accurate and kind of counter-productive to actual feminist causes (because they do still exist folks), and this has helped spawn the "Social Justice Warrior" movement that is starting up.

Well said. Equality should indeed be a fluid concept as each generation faces new challenges and recognizes the error of old ways.

Well... I'm going to skip over all the pointless political crap that the last few seconds of the video clip and the OP commentary that triggered the commentary so far....

avHnbUZ.gif?noredirect

All. I . Do.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, aztek said:

we are equal, creating equality movements actually creates inequality. 

Wonder how many said that back in the 1900's-1960's just as a point of reference. :lol:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nightgale said:

Wonder how many said that back in the 1900's-1960's just as a point of reference. :lol:

what difference does it make in 2016.  things changed a lot since than, have you noticed?

CtjrQhXVUAIUG2x.jpg

Edited by aztek
  • Like 7

16 hours ago, aztek said:

what difference does it make in 2016.  things changed a lot since than, have you noticed?

CtjrQhXVUAIUG2x.jpg

They've changed, but that actually did not answer the question lol. All I'm saying is I wonder how many people said the exact same thing you just said, but back then. I'm certain it was a good number. 

You keep thinking that btw in reference to the photo. 

i did, the answer is, who cares now. did you really expect to get a number as an answer? 

i knew you'd like the photo. ;)

btw equal opportunity does not grantee same result for everyone.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

Back on topic:

Thank You, Donald Trump

"Donald J. Trump could well go down in history as a feminist hero.

For decades, feminists have tried to stir outrage about how women are routinely groped, belittled, and weight-shamed. Yet Mr. Trump’s words and boasts have shown millions of voters, including people who believe feminism is a dirty word, what women endure every day."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/21/opinion/thank-you-donald-trump.html

• Like 2

Feminism is a dirty word in some countries who are funding hillary. ..Why don't feminists see- that if they were to be feminist in the kingdom of saudi arabia, they could end up dead. Stoned to death or thrown from a roof, killed by a relative who thinks she dishonoured family... We are seeing an increase of honour killings here. Some people are bringing their backwards ideology baggage, and hillary/bill (need a thread on bill, the woman slayer) could care less about feminism. ..Unacceptable in anyone's book.

Women there don't drive, and are covered head to foot. Can't be around men who are not family...As for work, lol... Women fare much better in western society.

hillary is not a feminist, nor does she desire to protect women or homosexuals. If she was- she would call out ksa and give back the 25,000,000 dollars.

The hypocrisy is stunning.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Poppi said:

Feminism is a dirty word in some countries who are funding hillary. ..Why don't feminists see- that if they were to be feminist in the kingdom of saudi arabia, they could end up dead. Stoned to death or thrown from a roof, killed by a relative who thinks she dishonoured family... We are seeing an increase of honour killings here. Some people are bringing their backwards ideology baggage, and hillary/bill (need a thread on bill, the woman slayer) could care less about feminism. ..Unacceptable in anyone's book.

Women there don't drive, and are covered head to foot. Can't be around men who are not family...As for work, lol... Women fare much better in western society.

hillary is not a feminist, nor does she desire to protect women or homosexuals. If she was- she would call out ksa and give back the 25,000,000 dollars.

The hypocrisy is stunning.

Thing is let them fight their own fights, I'd rather not interfere more than we have if they truly want change they would literally go for it. 

As for the second bold part how so isn't that subjective? 

• 2 weeks later...

Feminism is needed and there is an article, which provides with five reasons why, three pluses of feminism in marriage but the minus of feminism just as well.    

http://findwritingservice.com/blog/feminism-essay-do-you-know-your-rights

Look it up. Especially if you need a paper on feminism to be written. The professional team of writers provides with papers on different topics.

7 hours ago, Zelda530 said:

Feminism is needed and there is an article, which provides with five reasons why, three pluses of feminism in marriage but the minus of feminism just as well.    

http://findwritingservice.com/blog/feminism-essay-do-you-know-your-rights

Look it up. Especially if you need a paper on feminism to be written. The professional team of writers provides with papers on different topics.

"We live in the world, where the standards of the women’s beauty are determined by the men."

Yes, it's men who buy beauty magazines.  

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

The thing about Milo -those who hate him don't understand... He would be killed in some of the countries who fund hillary.

• Like 1