Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

250,000 years old aluminum object

Merc14

I always love when people say things like, ' large chunk that could be up to 250,000 years'

Because the other side of Could is Could Not....

Edited by joc
  • Like 5

So from what I'm reading there is actually no way to accurately date the aluminum it's self. So does that mean they are relative dating the debris encasing the artifacts? If so then all their estimations are going to be off regardless.

• Like 2

How would a chunk of aluminum that large "look" handmade? Such a piece would be smelted and then cast. Nothing about that would "look" handmade in a traditional sense.

EvenUtzi's copper axe ~5000 years old is described as cast and honestly couldn't be dated without  being absolutely tied to Utzi and all his organics. 

The whole thing is pretty pathetic and very obviously not ancient but I wanted to put it on the table so we can all have had a look for future reference.

• Like 2

A blog with a detailed debunking, for those interested;Link

I know the mirror is a rag, but I'm honestly surprised to see this being run through.

• Like 5

Here's another take on the object: Link to the quote below

1. Quote

1. It was discovered by workers while digging a trench along the Mures river in Romania in 1974.
    2. It was found next to mastodon (distantly related to Elephants) bones.
    3. researchers who have had the time and opportunity to examine the object believe it is not a natural formation.
    4. Aluminium production requires enormous amount of heat, 1,000 degrees actually.
    5. Two separate laboratories tested the artifact but both laboratories received almost identical results. The object was tested in the Archaeological Institute of Cluj-Napoca, n Lausanne, Switzerland.
    6. It is composed 89 percent out of aluminium but also has traces of copper, zinc, lead, cadmium, nickel and smaller traces of other elements.
    7. Aluminium isn’t found freely in nature  thus must be manufactured, but it has not been produced until the 1800’s.
    8. Even though its exact age is perhaps a debate among scholars, if the aluminium wedge was the same age as the mastodon bones it would make this mysterious piece at least 11,000 years old.
    9. Geological evidence places the Aluminium Wedge to be at least 10,000 years old.
    10. The oxidized layer coating has shown that the artifact is more likely to be around 400 years old, still placing way before aluminum was produced. The dating technique utilized to obtain the artifacts age was not released.
    11. The Aluminium wedge was stored in a museum up until 1995.
    12. Pseudoarchaeologists and Ufologists believed that this finding is evidence of extraterrestrial beings visiting Earth in the past.
    13. Floring Gheorgita a known Romanian ufologists believes that this item is actually a landing gear of an alien spacecraft.
    14. According to research the exact composition of the artifact is as follows: aluminum (89%)  Copper (6,2%), silicon (2,84%), zinc (1,81%), lead (0,41%), tin (0,33%), zirconium(0,2%), cadmium (0,11%), nickel (0,0024%), cobalt (0,0023%), bismuth (0,0003%), silver (0,0002%), and gallium (in trace amounts).
    15. Even though there has been interest surrounding the Aluminium Wedge, some scholars believe that this item is just another… fake.

• Like 1

This aluminum excavator tooth keeps popping up as an OOPART. It is a recycled story that has been popping up for years.

"It's obviously an excavator tooth!"

"Aluminum is too soft for excavation."

"Nu-uh!  They use them around gas lines!"

"The Ancients had gas lines too?"

"Duh!  How do you think they made the aluminum?"

• Like 6

I agree completly thats its a tooth from the bucket that excavated the area, but interestingly when i try and search for images of excavator teeth, bucket teeth, from 1973 the only images i get are the ones of this item so i cant compare to another from that time frame. Most likely due to just lack of info. But come on its so close to a modern day tooth just silly how people dont see it.

• Like 1

I always love that you guys debunk most things, but on this one.. well... was hoping! :alien:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, danielost said:

so either this is 250,000years old or their dating is wrong.

Sure Daniel. Sure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pokingjoker said:

I agree completly thats its a tooth from the bucket that excavated the area, but interestingly when i try and search for images of excavator teeth, bucket teeth, from 1973 the only images i get are the ones of this item so i cant compare to another from that time frame. Most likely due to just lack of info. But come on its so close to a modern day tooth just silly how people dont see it.

It would have, most likely, been a Soviet model so very hard to find examples I am guessing but agree that it is so close it is hard to not assume it is an excavator tooth.

15 minutes ago, danielost said:

so either this is 250,000years old or their dating is wrong.

Of course they dated it wrong daniel. It can't be older that 6000 years. You know for reasons.:rolleyes:

• Like 6

15 hours ago, ShadowSot said:

A blog with a detailed debunking, for those interested;Link

I know the mirror is a rag, but I'm honestly surprised to see this being run through.

Most British newspapers are absolute b*ll***s. Really. I think you have an equivalent called 'The National Enquirer'. 

All the Tabloids, or red tops, are very heavily aimed at the type of people who really won't see anything wrong with the idea of a 250,000 kya aluminium object popping up in Romania. That's why they run this sort of article. It was also taken up by 'The Daily Mail', and it's poor idiot brother 'The Express'. 

clear examples like many others archaeological artifacts out of place that carbon and radioactive dating science can go very wrong !  

31 minutes ago, qxcontinuum said:

clear examples like many others archaeological artifacts out of place that carbon and radioactive dating science can go very wrong !  

Except that there's no mention of carbon dating being used here. This is tabloid journalism going wrong not science. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Most British newspapers are absolute b*ll***s. Really. I think you have an equivalent called 'The National Enquirer'. 

All the Tabloids, or red tops, are very heavily aimed at the type of people who really won't see anything wrong with the idea of a 250,000 kya aluminium object popping up in Romania. That's why they run this sort of article. It was also taken up by 'The Daily Mail', and it's poor idiot brother 'The Express'. 

Yep. Just didn't think they were this bad.

39 minutes ago, qxcontinuum said:

Except it's almost certainly a hoax. 

i like how its a hoax because it doesn't agree with accepted science.

• Like 1

No, it's a hoax because the story is from a tabloid, is obviously part of a digger and not a UFOS, and no identification for who did the testing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, danielost said:

i like how its a hoax because it doesn't agree with accepted science.

It's an excavator tooth. Someone is claiming an excavator tooth is part of an alien spacecraft. That's why it's a hoax. 

• Like 1