Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bermuda Triangle mystery solved

seeder

Bermuda Triangle mystery SOLVED: Scientists discover killer 170MPH AIR BOMBS in Atlantic
SCIENTISTS believe that they have finally solved the mystery of the Bermuda Triangle after spotting HEXAGONAL clouds over the region

The 500,000 km square patch of ocean between Florida, Puerto Rico and Bermuda has long been associated with the vanishing of ships and aircrafts which have stumped experts looking for an explanation.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/723457/Bermuda-triangle-mystery-microburst-uss-cyclops

• Like 4

And maybe a new discovery on the back of it?

I do not think this sort of cloud has been catalogued has it?

• Like 1

Actual scientists might check first whether there have been an unusual number of losses of water and air craft in the past century in the supposed triangle.

And then, given the amount of traffic they might find that there has not been an unusually high rate of losses. And maybe they might find that some of the losses that actually did happen were in the Pacific Ocean, off the coast of Africa or Ireland.

There is no need for a scientific explanation for something that never existed.

The Bermuda triangle is a fraud because Berlitz made money from it, not a simple hoax.

• Like 1

Using radar satellites to measure what was happening beneath the clouds, they found that sea level winds were reaching almost 170 miles an hour – powerful enough to generate waves of over 45 feet high – as 'air bombs' are forced to come crashing down towards the ocean.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/723457/Bermuda-triangle-mystery-microburst-uss-cyclops

Well this could seriously do some damage.

• Like 2

With every new theory the triangle looks more and more like a super mario level. 

Dodge the methan explosions from below! 

Beware of the air bombs from above! 

It's an interesting theory and actually a relly cool find nonetheless, even if it's not connected to the triangle. 

Do we know how high up are these coulds? I couldn't find it in the article. 

Because it could well explain ships' disappearance, but if the planes flew above them,  I don't see any danger. 

Would these cloud formations account for electromagnetic interference as well? 

I go by memory here, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the accounts and testimonies, especially related to airplanes, usually talk about blue sky with no mentionable clouds and compass gone crazy? 

Hate to spoil things for everyone, but.... No, 'Honeycomb' Clouds Don't Explain Bermuda Triangle Mystery

A satellite image showing peculiar hexagonal clouds over the ocean area known as the Bermuda Triangle is prompting speculation about whether they may represent a recurring phenomenon responsible for decades of unexplained disappearances in the region.

The photo appeared in the Science Channel's "What on Earth"? series in a recent episode about the Bermuda Triangle, a loosely defined area bound on the west by the tip of Florida, to the south by Puerto Rico and to the north by Bermuda. In the image, oddly shaped cloud networks hovered above the triangle's western tip, off the coast of Florida, over the Bahamas. Seen from above, the clouds appeared to form six-sided outlines, like honeycombs, with hard edges. They range in size from 20 to 55 miles (32 to 89 kilometers) across, according to the Science Channel.

Read more: Live Science

• Like 1

Hrmmzzz, they do not actually say it cannot be a cause either though. I would think a bit of premature conclusions on both sides of that argument, I cannot even see where this cloud pattern is officially recognised. The Mammatus cloud was only added to the atlas in the 2,000's. The behaviour seems to be associated with rapid air patterns, I think I'll wait to see what develops here. 

• Like 1

The show, "What on Earth", where this story came from did some editing to make it appear that the scientists said this was the explanation. They were taken out of context, big surprise for the Discovery Channel or any "science" show to do this. Randall Cerveny, who appeared in the show, was a little upset by how his words were twisted to suit DC's story.

http://movieweb.com/bermuda-triangle-mystery-not-solved/

On 10/21/2016 at 1:04 AM, psyche101 said:

And maybe a new discovery on the back of it?

I do not think this sort of cloud has been catalogued has it?

I think Saturn has hexagonal clouds, so it's technically been catalogued.