Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kindred spirits

skliss

Just mentioning...new paranormal show on tlc tomorrow night. Kindred Spirits has two people who used to be on Ghost Hunters, Amy and Adam.

• Like 3

Just mentioning, here in the UK = Emmerdale is on.

"Did you catch the premiere episode?" (my quote button is working sporadically)

I thought tonight was the premiere episode. Thanks for posting the link. Sadly we don't get Destination America. : (

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skliss said:

"Did you catch the premiere episode?" (my quote button is working sporadically)

I thought tonight was the premiere episode. Thanks for posting the link. Sadly we don't get Destination America. : (

Sorry I got the timing wrong. The show does premiere this evening: http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/kindred-spirits/950478/

Here's a teaser for it:

• Like 1

Thanks for posting that, I'm looking forward to watching it. I liked both of them on Ghost Hunters.

• Like 1

I recorded it.  I'll give it a shot but I'm sure it's going to be a lot of "Did you see/hear that?" and the flashlight technique that those two loved on Ghost Hunters. 

• Like 2

I watched it last night and thought it was totally faked. I mean seriously, what are the odds of getting evidence for every spirit you suspected was there. let alone any spirit period. And yet, Amy and Adman scored time and time again. I just couldn't buy it. Anyway, non-skeptics will enjoy it as the two of them are likeable.

I found the more detailed TLC site where you can watch the full first episode.

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/kindred-spirits/

• Like 2

I saw Grant Wilson mention it on his Facebook page, but, honestly, meh.  I might try to catch it sometime, but if it's just another cut and paste copy of Ghost Hunters or Ghostfacers or Ghostly Encounters or We Be Ghosts and ****, whatever, I'll pass.

• Like 1

I watched it.  Wasn't overly impressed.

A couple of things I don't get...

The lady's son Adam dies as a baby but is a 33 year old ghost? How? Also if you're a ghost wouldn't that mean you're "stuck" and can't move on? I never understand why people would want dead family members to hang around. Wouldn't you want them to be at rest or move on to whatever is after death. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

The lady's son Adam dies as a baby but is a 33 year old ghost? How? Also if you're a ghost wouldn't that mean you're "stuck" and can't move on?

Shhh, don't expose the frauds by pointing out common sense, it embarrasses them. :) 

I never understand why people would want dead family members to hang around. Wouldn't you want them to be at rest or move on to whatever is after death. 

Some people can't let go.  It  depends on the person.  I certainly don't want my family members hanging around after they're gone.  And if I go I certainly wouldn't want to waste my afterlife sticking around here.

Edited by Thorvir Hrothgaard
  • Like 2

I thought it was a little boring. And they broke the first rule of ghost hunters by assigning who they thought it was and then confirming that rather than collecting unbiased evidence. Maybe they just need some more experience. I'll watch a few more and see where it goes.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't like the show at all. It's like so many other ghost shows that try to find a niche in the market by narrowing in on something specific like haunted objects or, in this case, spirits of relatives. By doing this they pigeonhole themselves into looking for only one category of hauntings and pre-decides that everything they find MUST be a relative of the people whose property they're investigating. Not everything in the supernatural is going to fit exactly according to the predetermined format of a show. And trying to force it to fit is going to limit the findings, dilute the actual facts and make a pretty boring show, which this one is. I also find their equipment limited, their approach elementary, their findings questionable and the whole idea an unnecessary stretch of the imagination. 

• 6 months later...

I think that show is funny. I love how the female is like, "I'm a mother..", as if that magically gives her some sort of special knowledge about life in general or something as if the rest of humanity without a physical child is somehow ignorant of the fact. The gay guy is funny too. He will add drama that could have better been left to the female. They mean well but in reality they are just working for a paycheck and they have little in common with actual psychics, empaths, healers, etc. which are required to deal with this stuff without the paycheck, perdiem, and makeup crew. Entertainment and not much more.