Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Status update issues

_Only

Hey, is there anywhere that gives the rules or limits of status updates?

I tried to tell everyone about how I have this new phone battery that lasts forever and a day, but it wouldn't let me submit it. I figured there might be too many words (like 40+), so I deleted all but the first sentence, and it posted. But then I noticed the status update below me had 36 words. So I lowered mine to 36, but it still wouldn't post. I lowered it again to one sentence, and it uploaded fine. I see everyone else writing 2 or 3 sentences in their updates, so what am I doing wrong?

Also, side question: Like a week or so ago, I made a status update with just the words "numbers stations!" and a link to a page discussing them. It looks like it was deleted. Are we not allowed to put links in status updates anymore, or did someone feel I was spamming?

Thanks!

Edited by _Only

After the re-vamp some members need a reboot re: status updates.

Saru will fix that, I'm sure.

Ive found that issue too....for some ODD reason...  BUT...if you go to your profile you can post at length with links and vids etc, but sometimes, posting from the status updates section doesnt let you do stuff, if you know what I mean!

I would try posting status updates from the profile page, rather than from the sidebar widget, and see if that helps.

6 hours ago, _Only said:

Also, side question: Like a week or so ago, I made a status update with just the words "numbers stations!" and a link to a page discussing them. It looks like it was deleted. Are we not allowed to put links in status updates anymore, or did someone feel I was spamming?

There's no general rule against links in status updates however if the content is unsuitable in some way it may get removed.

I didn't see the link you posted in this particular case so I don't know why it was taken down.

• Like 1