Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Booed on BBC Question Time

MissJatti

First of I dont know if the posted this post in the right place or not, so please MOD help me out..

I felt like sharing this on UM

Polish woman booed on BBC QT after saying she doesn't fell welcome in Britain anymore

Please share your thoughts 

If you want to watch the full video/videos of the discussion then follow this link below 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHOLj3bEfkDHUnDehKntfqQ

• Like 1

Not much to go on there. Can you say why you felt moved to post it?

17 hours ago, MissJatti said:

First of I dont know if the posted this post in the right place or not, so please MOD help me out..

Polish woman booed on BBC QT after saying she doesn't fell welcome in Britain anymore

If you want to watch the full video/videos of the discussion then follow this link below 

I watched the full question time show, this woman as a massive chip on her shoulder, and totally misunderstood the thinking of Brexit. Her one minute performance was on par with Emily Thornburys last week.

• Like 5

The woman deserved  to be booed, i like the guy who put Ken Clarke in his place telling him "we voted to leave it's done and dusted, stop running the country down" and the guy who basically told the local Labour MP where to get off saying she wasn't representing the people who'd voted for her, it surprised me how many Brexiters got through the BBC net.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Essan said:

QT is simply the political equivalent of the Jeremy Kyle show - dumbed down TV entertainment.   Nothing more, nothing less.

The only benefit of question Time is that it highlights just how poor MP's are. i know its a thankless job, but a lot lack real world experiences and as a result suffer from the fluffy rainbow vision of the world.

1 hour ago, hetrodoxly said:

The woman deserved  to be booed, i like the guy who put Ken Clarke in his place telling him "we voted to leave it's done and dusted, stop running the country down" and the guy who basically told the local Labour MP where to get off saying she wasn't representing the people who'd voted for her, it surprised me how many Brexiters got through the BBC net.

It was a feisty audience. nearly a punch up with the fella who shouted to Ken Clarke he hadn't done a days work in his life. after he said it he turned around to someone in the audience and said whose stupid. QT as been better of late, but how nice was it to be lectured to by the ex-Greek Finance minister Yanis Varoufakis. :rofl:

• Like 2

I suspect she was booed because after saying she'd lived here for 23 years .... she went on to say she'd only felt discriminated against since Brexit and seemed to be under the impression that 52% of the population had voted against immigration and immigrants and she took it personally. She might not have deserved to be booed but she did seem as bolshie as the rest of the audience.

Most of the arguing between Remainers and Leavers has stemmed from the misconception that Leavers were only voting on that issue. They didn't. Most wanted to break the chains from Eurocrats in Brussels who have taken away Britain's independence and self-determination and ability to make our own Laws.

• Like 6

And the remainers think leavers are all about immigration, so in a way remainers are calling leavers racist

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

And the remainers think leavers are all about immigration, so in a way remainers are calling leavers racist

Oh i think there was and still is an element of racism in the entire brexit debate. Non sensical to the point were one can't but wonder what it was all about. I mean think about it... Britain has no problem surrendering its foreign and defence portfolios to the U.S. and NATO. The entire UK nuclear deterrent is subject to U.S. approval YET they have a problem with the EU dictating the size and shape of cucumbers and the metric system.

The mind boggles...  

• Like 1

On 22 October 2016 at 1:26 AM, MissJatti said:

I bet if this Polish women wasn't Polish, instead American, she wouldn't have been booed but rather given a cuddle and a cup of tea. 'its okay love... we didn't mean Americans are not welcome. Want another scone?'

Edited by Silver_Lyre

On ‎22‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:49 PM, sags said:

I suspect she was booed because after saying she'd lived here for 23 years .... she went on to say she'd only felt discriminated against since Brexit and seemed to be under the impression that 52% of the population had voted against immigration and immigrants and she took it personally. She might not have deserved to be booed but she did seem as bolshie as the rest of the audience.

Most of the arguing between Remainers and Leavers has stemmed from the misconception that Leavers were only voting on that issue. They didn't. Most wanted to break the chains from Eurocrats in Brussels who have taken away Britain's independence and self-determination and ability to make our own Laws.

22 hours ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

I heard it put rather well a while ago: The issue isn't that 52% of the population is racist, it's that racists now think 52% of the population agrees with them.

On 22/10/2016 at 10:03 AM, stevewinn said:

I watched the full question time show, this woman as a massive chip on her shoulder, and totally misunderstood the thinking of Brexit. Her one minute performance was on par with Emily Thornburys last week.

Seeing thick-as-two-short-planks, anti-English, out-of-touch, liberal metropolitan elite Thornberry booed and jeered by Brexiteers is just pure TV gold that I will watch again and again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Black Monk said:

Seeing thick-as-two-short-planks, anti-English, out-of-touch, liberal metropolitan elite Thornberry booed and jeered by Brexiteers is just pure TV gold that I will watch again and again.

it just adds to her collection of c***-ups. See her Performance on Sky News. Her remit was Shadow Foreign Secretary, and she didnt even know the French Foreign ministers name, or the German or anyone else's and because she didn't like it she accused the Sky presenter as a sexist. Why people in her local constituency keep electing her is beyond me. But it just highlights that people need to stop voting simply based on party allegiance and actually look at the individual.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 2

Just another racial slur against those that voted out,the remain cry babies should just get over it and move on.

Edited by A rather obscure Bassoon
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

Just another racial slur against those that voted out,the remain cry babies should just get over it and move on.

Not sure how you can count leave voters as a race...

Am I to understand that after the first election where you didn't back the winner, you never talked about politics again?

Quite impressive how much ignorance can be fitted into one post.

I wonder why Miss Jatti didn't come back to this thread?

• Like 1

On Tuesday, October 25, 2016 at 9:22 AM, Setton said:

I heard it put rather well a while ago: The issue isn't that 52% of the population is racist, it's that racists now think 52% of the population agrees with them.

I voted out, im against racism or anything like that, i wasnt even born in the Uk but i am British due to having a British father. But im still called a racist :s

• Like 2

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 1:04 AM, Silver_Lyre said:

Oh i think there was and still is an element of racism in the entire brexit debate. Non sensical to the point were one can't but wonder what it was all about. I mean think about it... Britain has no problem surrendering its foreign and defence portfolios to the U.S. and NATO. The entire UK nuclear deterrent is subject to U.S. approval YET they have a problem with the EU dictating the size and shape of cucumbers and the metric system.

The mind boggles...  

Just thought I would clear up this myth that is oft perpetuated by the ignorant...

It’s a common myth that the United States has control over Britain’s Trident missile system, that is not the case.

The Trident missile system is housed on the UK’s four Vanguard class submarines which form the UK’s strategic nuclear deterrent force. Each of the four boats are armed with up to 16 Trident II D5 SLBMs, carrying up to 8 warheads each.

It’s often said that the UK’s Trident nuclear weapons system is not ‘independent’ or that the UK doesn’t have the ability to use the system without the US agreeing to it, in reality however that is simply not the case.

The argument is often that the US can simply turn off the GPS system and therefore can stop the UK using Trident, this is also a myth, Trident isn’t guided by satellite.

The missile uses a kind of stellar sighting guidance system and inertial navigation to take a reading from the stars to work out the missile’s position and make any adjustments necessary. They do not require GPS.

Another Myth Busted!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Setton said:

Am I to understand that after the first election where you didn't back the winner, you never talked about politics again?

No, not at all but the remain camps constant bellyaching about the result hardly constitutes political debate.

My apologies if this remark sounds impressively ignorant but hey I don't care.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, keithisco said:

Just thought I would clear up this myth that is oft perpetuated by the ignorant...

Another Myth Busted!

Can't see you could be right... the trident missile system is a U.S. missile system developed for the USN. It was designed in the U.S. manufactured in the U.S. Programmed and maintained in the U.S. and fuelled in the U.S. The Trident missiles that the UK has are owned by the USN. That's right... the U.S. owns the missiles and the UK lease them. Actually the missiles are from the USN pool of missiles and the UK submarines have to sail all the way to the U.S. state of Georgia to get a new batch of refuelled and programmed trident missiles. The Russians, Israelis, Indians, French, Chinese and the Americans have their own independent nuclear missiles.

Mmmm... you sure that the UK has an independent nuclear option?

• Like 1

On 26/10/2016 at 11:25 AM, ouija ouija said:

I wonder why Miss Jatti didn't come back to this thread?

I have been here reading other peoples comments, seems like people already written what I was about to right next.

Just want to say that the polish lady came to England, in a different way, the brexit has nothing to do with her.

• Like 2

On 10/27/2016 at 5:50 PM, MissJatti said:

I have been here reading other peoples comments, seems like people already written what I was about to right next.

Just want to say that the polish lady came to England, in a different way, the brexit has nothing to do with her.

Indeed. The problem I have with the remoaners is that they assume (no doubt on purpose & believing their own propaganda) that everybody that voted out did so solely because of immigration. I voted out solely because I disagree with the intended goal of a federal union with a political agenda. 

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 3

Curious now...Is the UK Trident system controlled by the US or not?...Which now makes me wonder about the nukes in Pakistan. Would make sense that the US would not allow Pakistan to have control over any nukes, but the UK is not Pakistan. Shouldn't we have enough trust to allow the UK to launch without having to go through US channels-...Hillary leaked that it takes at least 4 minutes to launch US missiles. How much longer would it take for the UK to launch if it has to go through channels?

1 hour ago, Poppi said:

Curious now...Is the UK Trident system controlled by the US or not?...Which now makes me wonder about the nukes in Pakistan. Would make sense that the US would not allow Pakistan to have control over any nukes, but the UK is not Pakistan. Shouldn't we have enough trust to allow the UK to launch without having to go through US channels-...Hillary leaked that it takes at least 4 minutes to launch US missiles. How much longer would it take for the UK to launch if it has to go through channels?

The UK's Nuclear deterrent is independent of the USA. - the only part which the UK - USA share is the delivery method in the form of the Trident D5 Missile and re-entry cone. the warheads are British and the guidance is stellar. so no need for GPS. - The way the missile works. The missile is launched it then goes into low earth orbit. where the stellar sky is visible the missile looks for 2 stars, once it finds these stars the missile orientates itself then guides itself over the target, where the warhead separates from the missile body and re-enters the earth to a predetermined height off the ground and detonates.

nice little documentary from sometime in the early 1990's The Title of the Video is wrong. The Subs are Vanguard class not Trident class.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 3

UK's nuclear deterrent entirely dependent on the US – crossparty report

In a most serious report released on Tuesday on an issue crucial to Britain's identity and security but woefully neglected in political debate, one issue stands out – the extent to which the UK's nuclear deterrent relies on the US.

Without the cooperation of the US, says the report of the independent all-party Trident Commission, the life expectancy of the UK's nuclear

capability could be measured in months.

The commission's high level panel says it agrees that Britain's deterrent is "a hostage to American goodwill".

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/defence-and-security-blog/2014/jul/01/trident-nuclear-weapons-uk

Edited by Silver_Lyre