Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Philippines, China & Russia vs the world

OverSword

Controversial Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte, along with hundreds of Filipino business leaders, is visiting China this week in a move aimed at strengthening regional ties between the two countries.

source

The Obama administration represents the worst foreign policy failures in the history of this nation, and judging by the former Secretary of State's dismal record it's only going to get worse if Clinton is elected.  I mean come on.  Losing the Philippines to China and Russia???  Good job Obama. 

I don't believe its fair to blame Obama for this little diplomatic faux pas ... Duterte has been anti Imperial US for a long long time ... and furthermore Trump's toxic impending treatment of Mexico does factor in somewhat due to the similar Spanish influence both Mexico and Philippines do share ... for better of worse ...

~

• Like 1

Oh it's fair.  As soon as they had indications about this guys loose cannon status they should have made certain that he was well educated about how harmful to the Philippines any undermining of our relationship would be and of the current benefits our long standing relationship has provided. My big fear now is that Duterte's belligerence could lead to military action in the region because if he for one second believes that the USA will militarily pull out of the Philippines he's in for a rude awakening.

• Like 1

I think it's interesting that instead of just talking to China he had to make a point that he was talking to China over us.

Does he want brownie points from china? If that would even give him brownie points?

Or does he want attention from us?

What's the purpose 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I think it's interesting that instead of just talking to China he had to make a point that he was talking to China over us.

I think he believes that he's a master chess player but in fact he's seems to be an oaf.  At least the rest of his government haven't lost their minds as well

Philippine policymakers released a statement following his speech, clarifying that their county was not turning its back on the West and adding that Asian integration was long overdue. On Friday, Trade Minister Ramon Lopez told CNN Philippines that his country would maintain its trade and economic ties with the U.S.

source

Edited by OverSword

On Friday, October 21, 2016 at 3:11 PM, third_eye said:

I don't believe its fair to blame Obama for this little diplomatic faux pas ... Duterte has been anti Imperial US for a long long time ... and furthermore Trump's toxic impending treatment of Mexico does factor in somewhat due to the similar Spanish influence both Mexico and Philippines do share ... for better of worse ...

~

Anyone see what the future brings when you elect a rainman, loser, wannabe dictator and lier as president? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, odas said:

Anyone see what the future brings when you elect a rainman, loser, wannabe dictator and lier as president? 

I'd rather not speculate on the reasons behind such implied despondent effects due to the difference here being one is in and another has yet to officially hold the office of such lofty ambitions ...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I'd rather not speculate on the reasons behind such implied despondent effects due to the difference here being one is in and another has yet to officially hold the office of such lofty ambitions ...

I was thinking about Pete, our retirement village comunity prospective. The presidency is up for grabs next month. Do not like him. What was you thinking about?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, odas said:

I was thinking about Pete, our retirement village comunity prospective. The presidency is up for grabs next month. Do not like him. What was you thinking about?

Good for Pete ... get him to buy a round if he gets in ... ;)

~

• Like 2

Methinks Duterte is setting the stage for a little increase in US aid.  I'm not sure what kind of leases or legal obligations the Philippines have with us but I suspect OS is correct.  If he tried to just give us the boot, it wouldn't end well for him.  They are a sovereign nation and have the right to tell us to get out but they also have legal obligations, I think.

• Like 1

LOL this guy's the new clown puppeteer the world needed for entertainment.  After Mugabe got too old, Kim Jong Un too boring and Trump is running out of steam we've got new talent on stage. 

• Like 1

On 10/22/2016 at 4:58 PM, odas said:

The presidency is up for grabs next month.

Here's how I really feel about that........

• Like 1

On 10/25/2016 at 4:12 AM, Black Red Devil said:

LOL this guy's the new clown puppeteer the world needed for entertainment.  After Mugabe got too old, Kim Jong Un too boring and Trump is running out of steam we've got new talent on stage. 

When the news first introduced him in the US, I chuckled over the "people's candidate" winning in the Philippines.  When the bloodbath began, I wasn't chuckling any longer.  The common thread of history is that these guys only pop onto the stage at times of fear and frustration.  I think a lot of Americans are genuinely frightened by Mr. Trump because the think he might be just as dangerous.  The US is not the Philippines, though.  If Trump stood up and told citizens to take matters into their own hands, he'd be impeached and on his way back to NYC in less than a month.  Let's hope the citizens of the Philippines get this out of their systems quickly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stardrive said:

Here's how I really feel about that........

Hellooooooo Friend!!!!! Good to see you are well.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, and then said:

When the news first introduced him in the US, I chuckled over the "people's candidate" winning in the Philippines.  When the bloodbath began, I wasn't chuckling any longer.  The common thread of history is that these guys only pop onto the stage at times of fear and frustration.  I think a lot of Americans are genuinely frightened by Mr. Trump because the think he might be just as dangerous.  The US is not the Philippines, though.  If Trump stood up and told citizens to take matters into their own hands, he'd be impeached and on his way back to NYC in less than a month.  Let's hope the citizens of the Philippines get this out of their systems quickly.

You're going to hear this from me first.  In a couple of years from now he's going to start changing the Constitution of the Phillipines which we all know what that tends to lead to, Dictatorship.

Trump wouldn't be able to conduct himself in the same manner but his speeches are dangerous because they stir up hatred between people.

18 hours ago, odas said:

Hellooooooo Friend!!!!! Good to see you are well.

Hey ol buddy, just wanted to pop in and see how you're doing these days. Yeah I'm still above ground, I just bruise easier now lol

Don't worry, Hillary will win the election. Trump had his chance to put his best foot forward and act like a professional...... but he blew it. So there ya go, it is what it is.

This new president in the Phillipines is quite a character. I've seen this happen more than once in my life. Reminds me of Castro or Chavez.  He's just another dime a dozen loud mouthed despot looking to make his mark on history. The RedDevil is correct, he'll attempt to become a dictator in the near future. You know..... President for life. And then corruption and economic stagnation will set in because the few, will then, have power over the many.