Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

One Year Later What Will U.S. Be Like?

StarMountainKid

One year from now, what will America be like if either Trump or Hillary wins? That's the question I'm posing. I think this is the essence of the election.

Edited by StarMountainKid

i'll tell you all in details on oct 21st 2017, but most likely noting will change for the better, either way

Edited by aztek

Other than an increased of sulky and fumigating kindred spirits ... pretty much business as usual would be my first guess ... though how long it takes for the GOP to recover from this fiasco to offer some semblance of its former self remains to be seen ...

I think both democrats and republicans are going to be weakened after this and there are going to be more 3rd party members in two years in the house and senate.  Our duocracy may have finally crumbled. (praise the lord)

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I think both democrats and republicans are going to be weakened after this and there are going to be more 3rd party members in two years in the house and senate.  Our duocracy may have finally crumbled. (praise the lord)

You are more of an optimist than I.  I think the pendulum has swung over to the D's for the next 4-8 yrs, but neither party is anywhere near dead.   I'm pretty sure it will be business as usual one year from now with everyone still whining over the same issues. 

I imagine that the overall effect of the first year will depend largely on the makeup of the Congress.  If she manages a clean sweep (God forbid) then we can expect some very serious tax implications that would crush business.  If the House and Senate are split then she will have to decide to actually find compromise (imagine that) or just manage her agenda through E.O.s.  If she actually were to try to compromise, I would give her the credit she's due.  I don't imagine that will happen.  The single greatest danger of a Clinton presidency will be war with Russia.  

• Like 2

I think one year isn't enough time for anything really ro be diffrent.

Alot of it will depend on who wins but also what the make up of Congress and the senate will be

• Like 1

it takes five years for things to change.  that way the next pres. takes the hit.  which is why bill gets the credit for huge econimy boast during the 90s

We will be at war, regardless of which of them gets in.   

• Like 3

cities will burn.

if Trump wins, it'll be American ones, as certain interest groups express their anger.

if Clinton wins, they'll be overseas.

• Like 2

With Shrillary here will most likely be political movement against bits of the Constitution, primarily the 2nd Amendment, but also some heavy attacks on the 1st.  Political Correctness will run rampant, more so that now.  She'll have made an even bigger mess of the Middle East, and most likely will have gotten us entangled with Russia.  Military spending will be cut, however, because, you know, Democrats and such.  Taxes will be increased, especially against the middle class, and she'll wield IRS audits like a warhammer.  We'll have thousands of undocumented refugees flooding over here, very few, of course, would actually deserve refugee status.  Many, many more illegal aliens will be here, the floodgates between Mexico and the US will be flung wide open.  It won't be a pleasant place to live one year from now when Shrillary running things, but it will still be the US and hopefully still worth fighting for.

• Like 3

Cher and Whoopy Goldberg will be all settled in their Canadian homes.

• Like 2

Just now, -ZZ- said:

Cher and Whoopy Goldberg will be all settled in their Canadian homes.

That'll be one good outcome of this circus.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

That'll be one good outcome of this circus.

Unless you live in Canada.

• Like 4

People will be decoration for Halloween, looking forward to the Holidays.

People here on the site will complain about Politics, and blame the 'other guy'.

So, in other words, nothing will change.

We put way too much importance on the President.  It's just one cog in our Government, certainly the most recognizable, but hardly the most powerful.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GreenmansGod said:

We will be at war, regardless of which of them gets in.   

I tell you. Stock up on spam, saltines, water, and bottle caps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lord Fedorable said:

Unless you live in Canada.

Oh, yeah.  My apologies to any Canadians that have to suffer from ex-US liberals fleeing there....

4 hours ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

but it will still be the US and hopefully still worth fighting for.

It will be.  We will be here,   personally I don't think it will be anything as severe as a constitutional crisis.  The current trend is a slow and steady  erosion of  middle class power and wealth.   Concentration of those will continue to be in the upper 5% of society.  In a game of monopoly, when one kid has all of the money, the game is over.  It probably won't be that cut and dried for us, maybe a gradual decline in our infrastructure and educational system.  We may lose our technical lead.  We could reverse it if we united to do it.

I don't think Donald will be idle.  From his business school talks and anecdotes from others, he is big on getting even and revenge, and he is powerful.  He has been humiliated and angered.  Donald could still make things a lot worse for all of us, not just Hillary.

• Like 2

Here is something to consider:  The rate of growth of the economies of industrialized nations is about 2% per year  over the last 150 years or so.  There have some periods of very rapid growth after WWII but average is 2%. There is not a total equivalence, but wages rise at about that rate; 2% per year.  The rate of return on capital averages 3-4% during the same time frame, again with some exception after WWII.  What that translates into is a large increase in capital holdings over  that period compared to rise in wages. Income from capital grows roughly twice as fast as income from wages. Over 30-40 years, a working lifetime, the gap becomes huge.  Not good or evil, that is just the way capitalism works.  The American dream is based on a meritocratic system, work hard be smart, improve your life.  

Many of the people Donald Trump appealed to were the people who have done those things and yet find themselves in a more difficult system year by year.  Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates   skyrocket to the top.  For the folks that put in many honest days of hard labor in an auto plant, the future looks less bright. This becomes a problem for our society; loss of the dream, hopelessness, when the average guy doing everything we tell him to do fails.  I don't think Hillary or Donald is up to solving those problems, I think they will grow.  Then there are some serious choices, none without a downside unfortunately.  Do we let capitalism  follow its own path until the game is over; or do we rewrite the rules of the game to keep it going?  Here you can insert liberal and conservative or Republican and Democrat.  Those binary choices are leading us down this road we are already traveling.  Like an artillery shell that has been fired, the target is ordained.  Our future is predicted; unless we change it.

14 hours ago, StarMountainKid said:

One year from now, what will America be like if either Trump or Hillary wins? That's the question I'm posing. I think this is the essence of the election.

I imagine it will be much the same  as today. Deficit will keep growing and taxes will slightly increase. Prices of food, fuel and healthcare will continue to increase faster then most. People will become even more disaffected, but will continue to not blame the leadership. Neither candidate will get much done without severe concessions to Congress. 

As long as my Marvel Expanded Universe movies/netflix keep coming out, I'll manage to remain stable and sane.

Both Hillary and Donald are horrible (nasty?) people, but neither of them is going to destroy the US. Especially if things go as it appears and the Congress is basically back to 50/50.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Thorvir Hrothgaard said:

With Shrillary here will most likely be political movement against bits of the Constitution, primarily the 2nd Amendment, but also some heavy attacks on the 1st.  Political Correctness will run rampant, more so that now.  She'll have made an even bigger mess of the Middle East, and most likely will have gotten us entangled with Russia.  Military spending will be cut, however, because, you know, Democrats and such.  Taxes will be increased, especially against the middle class, and she'll wield IRS audits like a warhammer.  We'll have thousands of undocumented refugees flooding over here, very few, of course, would actually deserve refugee status.  Many, many more illegal aliens will be here, the floodgates between Mexico and the US will be flung wide open.  It won't be a pleasant place to live one year from now when Shrillary running things, but it will still be the US and hopefully still worth fighting for.

Typical Republican FUD. You said Obama was coming for your guns too. How did that work out? We spend more on military that all nations on earth combined. It can be cut in half. Hillary has said she would not increase taxes on incomes less than 250,000. So you must not understand the definition of middle class. The IRS canard was put forth 50 years ago with Nixon. You have no idea what the Syrian refugee crisis is all about and why we should take them in. Illegal immigration has been dropping for years. It's net negative now. We already have a wall. Basically typical BS from the GOP.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, third_eye said:

Other than an increased of sulky and fumigating kindred spirits ... pretty much business as usual would be my first guess ... though how long it takes for the GOP to recover from this fiasco to offer some semblance of its former self remains to be seen ...

Hopefully it never returns to its former self. At least its recent former self. Looking back over the last 8 years you can see how the people on the right side of the isle have taken a pretty hard turn away from the establishment. Starting with a lot of support for Ron Paul's campaigns in 08, and in 2012. I think Rand would have done much better if he had shown some passion.

Many on the left are as well. I personally think if there were no such thing as super delegates it would be Trump vs Sanders right now.  Hopefully the sleeping giant has begun to awaken. Even if Hillary does end up wining, I don't think they will be able to put the cat back in the bag. Especially when people realize they weren't even voting for her, but against Trump. We will go further in debt, and we will have probably started at least one more illegal undeclared war. The repercussions of which seem to suggest the worse of all possible outcomes. I just pray enough wake up before it comes to that.

Edited by preacherman76