Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Assange about to be arrested?

Ashotep

As pressure from the Obama administration mounts on the Ecuadorian government and Assange to halt the flow of Hillary's emails, Wikileaks just posted the following tweet revealing heavily armed "police" outside of the Ecuadorian Embassy in London. 

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-21/wikileaks-reveals-heavily-armed-police-gathering-outside-ecuadorian-embassy-london

I'm wondering what is going on here.  Are the Ecuadorians about to kick him out? 

• Like 3

I'm waiting with glee for the Kaine and Donna Brazile emails to be published. It would be a "real shame" to see Donna go out the same way Debbie Wasserman Schultz did.

And as for Kaine, talk about Trump being nuts! :lol:

• Like 3

It's obvious Assange has overstayed his welcome there, but it's unlikely he will be tossed out any time soon. They did, however, do the right thing suspending his internet access. As for the Wikileaks tweet, apparently they deleted it although it may have since been re-posted. Personally I've gown tired of their drama and innuendoes.

edit - Just looked at Lilly's link and the tweet is up again. Couldn't help but laugh at their veiled threat just below it.

Edited by Clair
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Well, if you don't do illegal objectionable things having your emails made public isn't all that bad....just sayin'.

Whether the emails are objectionable or not, it's still an invasion of privacy. I certainly wouldn't appreciate any of my emails made public. In fact, I would go ballistic, regardless of their content.

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, Clair said:

It's obvious Assange has overstayed his welcome there, but it's unlikely he will be tossed out any time soon. They did, however, do the right thing suspending his internet access. As for the Wikileaks tweet, apparently they deleted it although it may have since been re-posted. Personally I've gown tired of their drama and innuendoes.

edit - Just looked at Lilly's link and the tweet is up again. Couldn't help but laugh at their veiled threat just below it.

Hi Clair :st

I know your feelings about him, and I agree, but can you dismiss what has been revealed so far as merely innuendo?

Even Hillary and Podesta don't deny their accuracy.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Clair said:

Whether the emails are objectionable or not, it's still an invasion of privacy. I certainly wouldn't appreciate any of my emails made public. In fact, I would go ballistic, regardless of their content.

The thing is, these aren't personal and private emails...they are government business emails. Last time I checked our elected officials (and their team mates) are supposed to be serving the American public.

• Like 8

Just now, -ZZ- said:

Hi Clair :st

I know your feelings about him, and I agree, but can you dismiss what has been revealed so far as merely innuendo?

Even Hillary and Podesta don't deny their accuracy.

Hi ZZ, sorry for not being specific.

I wasn't referring to the released emails. My drama and innuendo comment referred to the photo of the armed police, as well as to statements like the one Assange made about the murdered DNC staffer being a Wikileaks source. Wikileaks has a propensity at times to release bizarre statements with little context attached to them, seemingly with the intent to infer something that may or may not have any basis to it. It's manipulative and deceptive, and one can't help but question their motives.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Clair said:

Hi ZZ, sorry for not being specific.

I wasn't referring to the released emails. My drama and innuendo comment referred to the photo of the armed police, as well as to statements like the one Assange made about the murdered DNC staffer being a Wikileaks source. Wikileaks has a propensity at times to release bizarre statements with little context attached to them, seemingly with the intent to infer something that may or may not have any basis to it. It's manipulative and deceptive, and one can't help but question their motives.

Oh I see, my mistake. :)

• Like 1

Just now, Lilly said:

The thing is, these aren't personal and private emails...they are government business emails. Last time I checked our elected officials (and their team mates) are supposed to be serving the American public.

Yes, they are supposed to be serving the American public, yet I do not see that as a rationale for making their private discussions public, especially for the whole world to see, Furthermore, Wikileaks has indeed released emails that were personal and private in nature and had absolutely nothing to do with government business. Their wholesale leakage of data is fundamentally wrong and at times dangerous. And nothing, absolutely nothing, can justify their attempts to interfere in our election process. We get so caught up in the evisceration of one of our presidential candidates, that we forget who stole that information, how they stole it, and why.

• Like 4

It further muddles the already befuddled is what it does ... its already hard enough to tell whats relevant and what is not as it is ...

1 hour ago, Clair said:

Yes, they are supposed to be serving the American public, yet I do not see that as a rationale for making their private discussions public, especially for the whole world to see, Furthermore, Wikileaks has indeed released emails that were personal and private in nature and had absolutely nothing to do with government business. Their wholesale leakage of data is fundamentally wrong and at times dangerous. And nothing, absolutely nothing, can justify their attempts to interfere in our election process. We get so caught up in the evisceration of one of our presidential candidates, that we forget who stole that information, how they stole it, and why.

I have to agree that people shouldn't be hacking or dumping their information out there but I can't help but be glad that I know the truth.  I know now the DNC is linked to paying people to attack Trump supporters.  People can't close their eyes to paid violence by a political party.  This is no longer something that only went on during past eras.  Maybe now it will be stopped and watched for more in the future.  

• Like 2

I'm wondering if the UK government is going to do something to force the Ecuadorians to turn Assange over to police.  Cut off their electric or water, something along that line and that is the reason for the extra police.  Who knows because of recent leaks the US may be in Ecuador right now threatening to stop giving them money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashotep said:

I'm wondering if the UK government is going to do something to force the Ecuadorians to turn Assange over to police.  Cut off their electric or water, something along that line and that is the reason for the extra police.  Who knows because of recent leaks the US may be in Ecuador right now threatening to stop giving them money. 

Doubt the UK government would do that as it sets a bad precedent. You just can't start doing that sort of thing to foreign embassies no matter how much you might want to. And if the Brits start that sort of thing they open themselves up to it too. Ecuador's government has had some tension with Assange in the past and from what I've read, its president was not too keen on Assange hanging out at their embassy. He even revoked some document that was supposed to help Snowden get to Ecuador. So I wouldn't be surprised if Ecuador itself was getting tired of the shenanigans in their London embassy. That coupled with not wanting to tick of the U.S. is another incentive to boot Assange out.

I agree that it's good to know certain things, but Clair makes some really good points about Assange and Wikileaks and has pointed out the difference between him and Snowden numerous times. At least when Snowden decided to turn whistle-blower only those documents that were not considered a threat to US security were released. He's not like Assange who releases everything without giving a crap about the repercussions.

Assange will eventually have to face the music. He should just man up and face it now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashotep said:

I have to agree that people shouldn't be hacking or dumping their information out there but I can't help but be glad that I know the truth.  I know now the DNC is linked to paying people to attack Trump supporters.  People can't close their eyes to paid violence by a political party.  This is no longer something that only went on during past eras.  Maybe now it will be stopped and watched for more in the future.  

And people can't close their eyes to the fact that there are people hacking our government and trying to influence our political elections.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Clair said:

Exactly. Wikileaks needs to be shut down. No matter who's emails they release, it's an invasion of privacy

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ashotep said:

I'm not sure why anyone believes anything in a video from someone who is known to have spliced together footage to make fraudulent claims. He has plead guilty to this in the past, and paid settlements over it. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I'm not sure why anyone believes anything in a video from someone who is known to have spliced together footage to make fraudulent claims. He has plead guilty to this in the past, and paid settlements over it. 

Looks like someone believed it.

Video has Democratic operative fired, another resigns

CNN link

Edited by -ZZ-
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, -ZZ- said:

Looks like someone believed it.

Clair posted something about that in another thread. But that has nothing to do with WIkileaks.

39 minutes ago, Zenith said:

Clair posted something about that in another thread. But that has nothing to do with WIkileaks.

Tell the poster that I quoted that.

• Like 3

Worrying JA may trade his secrets for his freedom. ..Those secrets are keeping him alive...hillary wants to murder the guy.

The normal's need JA info, otherwise will be - deny, deny, deny - by the usual suspect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zenith said:

Assange will eventually have to face the music. He should just man up and face it now.

Wouldn't it be better if he first finishes the takedown of the most corrupt, blood-soaked, criminal, slimeball nominee in history...along with her disgusting, pig-face husband?

Someone has to take out the trash, after all...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, hacktorp said:

Wouldn't it be better if he first finishes the takedown of the most corrupt, blood-soaked, criminal, slimeball nominee in history...along with her disgusting, pig-face husband?

Someone has to take out the trash, after all...

If the objective is to 'take out the trash' then it's our responsibility to do so, and come next month we will have decided what trash goes to the dump and what trash gets recycled,. Furthermore, what you or anyone else thinks of the targeted candidate in no way make what's happening right. Indeed, if it were happening instead to Trump, you and others would no doubt be crying foul.

• Like 1