Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Temple Mount - The UNESCO Vote

bmk1245

The Temple Mount - The UNESCO Vote and Western Shame

UNESCO, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization voted on 13th October against the very principles that it was created.

UNESCO was founded in 1945 after World War Two to establish humanity's moral and intellectual solidarity. It says it strives to build networks among nations to enable this kind of solidarity. 

These were its founding principles. Oh, how have the mighty fallen.

With shocking disregard to historic evidence, it insulted and denied the heritage of two of the world's greatest religions, Judaism and Christianity, when it passed a resolution that denied Jewish, and therefore Christian, ties to the Temple Mount
The October vote shattered thousands of years of faith, belief, historical, archaeological and literal fact.

Read more...

And just six countries didn't bent over to Islam...

• Like 3

Well we'll have to refer to the Ancient Romans and Titus ... and its no longer AD and BC but CE and BCE ...

looks like revelation called it.  it is the world against israel.  with the us and england backing israel.

• Like 2

I've got an idea, ban all religious sermons from the City of Jerusalem.  Imagine the Peace.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, bmk1245 said:

Jerusalem has always been a Jewish city. 

On Sunday, October 23, 2016 at 4:42 AM, Silver_Lyre said:

Jerusalem has always been a Jewish city. 

Aaaahh..no. It was a canaanite city or settlement before it fall under Jewish rule. Yes, I know, Canaanites were semits too but so are arabs. Religion divide and prefferance came later.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, odas said:

Aaaahh..no. It was a canaanite city or settlement before it fall under Jewish rule. Yes, I know, Canaanites were semits too but so are arabs. Religion divide and prefferance came later.

Okay i didn't know that. But since there are no Canaanites around i guess the Jews are the now the new owners.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2016 at 4:09 AM, bmk1245 said:

The evidence just keeps building.  They keep proving the old saying from the Nazis - repeat the lie long enough and it will become the truth.  The only problem with that is that the stones themselves call them liars - http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/ancient-muslim-inscription-confirms-dome-of-the-rocks-jewish-temple-origin/2016/10/28/

2 hours ago, Silver_Lyre said:

Okay i didn't know that. But since there are no Canaanites around i guess the Jews are the now the new owners.

You are a kind of right. A kind of. Canaan was an area that covered Israel Palestine Jordan Syria. Canaanites were Semits. Some of them later became Jews or Christians or Muslims. So any of them could be the rightfull owner of Jerusalem technicly since the canaanites still live thru them.

• Like 1

Since the most recent full banishment and total expulsion in 70CE resulting in the Diaspora, it wasn't till Palestine came under British Rule and Colonialism that the Jewish Settlements began flooding in ... again ...

~

~

Almost 1900 years is that ? Or just over 1800 years ... ?

~

Islam is well known as a "Me, Too!" religion, eagerly co-opting the holy sites of earlier religions.

• Like 2

I believe that was the rage and fashion since days past and long gone ... I think it sends out a signal that my god better than your god and saves a lot of work and time plus money ~

• Like 1

I don't understand just what the UNESCO findings are.  If it was "No your can't tear down the dome of the rock to rebuild a temple that was torn down over 2,000 years ago" then I'm afraid I agree.  The article doesn't go any further than a vague accusation that they have insulted Jewish and therefore Christian's with their findings and doesn't say exactly what the findings were, or did I miss something?

• Like 1

On Sunday, October 30, 2016 at 0:47 AM, Hammerclaw said:

Islam is well known as a "Me, Too!" religion, eagerly co-opting the holy sites of earlier religions.

You mean co-py since a vast of christian churches was built on other peoples sacret shrines. Guess monkey see monkey do it so monkey does it too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

I don't understand just what the UNESCO findings are.  If it was "No your can't tear down the dome of the rock to rebuild a temple that was torn down over 2,000 years ago" then I'm afraid I agree.  The article doesn't go any further than a vague accusation that they have insulted Jewish and therefore Christian's with their findings and doesn't say exactly what the findings were, or did I miss something?

If it were an isolated incident by a UN body then it might be overlooked.  The UN has for decades been obviously anti-Israel.  Look at a list of the condemnatory resolutions and you'll quickly see the patent bias.  This particular issue is all about UNESCO calling the holiest place in Judaism, and by extension, Christianity, by its Muslim name only.  There has been an ongoing assault on the history and connections of the Jewish people to Jerusalem for years now and every new resolution or sham vote to change even things like names is evidence of this.  They have been so ridiculous in their claims that it's childish.  It makes them look like backward children with a grudge.

3 minutes ago, and then said:

If it were an isolated incident by a UN body then it might be overlooked.  The UN has for decades been obviously anti-Israel.  Look at a list of the condemnatory resolutions and you'll quickly see the patent bias.  This particular issue is all about UNESCO calling the holiest place in Judaism, and by extension, Christianity, by its Muslim name only.  There has been an ongoing assault on the history and connections of the Jewish people to Jerusalem for years now and every new resolution or sham vote to change even things like names is evidence of this.  They have been so ridiculous in their claims that it's childish.  It makes them look like backward children with a grudge.

I'm a Christian and I don't agree with you that the holiest places of Judaism are by extension the holiest places in Christianity.  What does the temple mount or the dome of the rock have to do with my personal relationship with Christ or God?  Nothing.  Would Jesus get upset about this?  doubtful.  Did the Muslims tear down the temple?  No. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I'm a Christian and I don't agree with you that the holiest places of Judaism are by extension the holiest places in Christianity.  What does the temple mount or the dome of the rock have to do with my personal relationship with Christ or God?  Nothing.  Would Jesus get upset about this?  doubtful.  Did the Muslims tear down the temple?  No. 

I don't revere the Temple mount either.  I said BY EXTENSION.  As in, Christians tend to think of Jerusalem as the holiest place because Christ was crucified and arose there.  Christ was a Jew and kept the Law.  His very sacrifice was due to the Law.  If you are unable to  discern the importance of the propaganda being used here by UNESCO then roll on.  The noose is getting tighter on the Jews in Israel.  Some real movement is apt to happen within a couple of weeks of this election.  Obama is going to allow the UN to give the Palestinians official statehood and that will be a watershed moment.  The world will be impacted at some point by that betrayal and the US more so than any other.  

15 minutes ago, OverSword said:

That is a rational post.

As a human being I, by best intentions, can not understand the hardcore christians, jews and muslims. WHAT do they want from us? How in the name of rationality is one race, skincolor or religion better or superior to others? Why do Jews behave like they own this Planet? Why do muslims behave like they are the only ones right in everything? Why do christians need to subordinate all others and mold them to their view? All moderate believers of all religions have proved we can live together and respect each other. So what is it that some are so infested withtheir radical beliefs?.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, odas said:

That is a rational post.

As a human being I, by best intentions, can not understand the hardcore christians, jews and muslims. WHAT do they want from us? How in the name of rationality is one race, skincolor or religion better or superior to others? Why do Jews behave like they own this Planet? Why do muslims behave like they are the only ones right in everything? Why do christians need to subordinate all others and mold them to their view? All moderate believers of all religions have proved we can live together and respect each other. So what is it that some are so infested withtheir radical beliefs?.

Religions are not superior to each other.  Faith is personal, however, and I believe that when one decides to judge people of faith, they should base that judgment on the ACTIONS of the people.  The idea that Christians try to "subordinate" all others to their view is not a view supported by reality.  Do we believe our faith in Christ's words is correct?  Absolutely, but if you meet someone calling themselves Christian who get in your face, tell you-you WILL go to hell unless you believe exactly as they believe, then you're speaking with a very immature, at best, Christian and it's possible they aren't Christian at all.  You know, kind of like the "Not ALL Muslims' chant we hear endlessly here.  The answer to being disgusted with religions is to ignore them.

23 minutes ago, odas said:

That is a rational post.

Monkeyshines I suppose, Odas. Just look up the words extremism and extremist and you'll find every group from sports to gardening has their own.

• Like 3

Well, the Temple Mount is Jewish in origin.  How can anyone argue that?  The two mosques on it are said to be of Muslim origin, long after the 2nd Temple was destroyed.  But these mosques are nothing more than what a dog does to mark his territory.  It’s what Islam has done from the Catholic Basilica of Saint Vincent of Lérins in Cordoba to the Hagia Sophia in Istanbul.  I guess some worry that Israel wants to tear down the Qubbat al-Sakhrah and al-Aqsa to rebuild the Temple?  That is illogical in the first place.  The only reason to rebuild the Temple is to house the Ark of the Covenant.  Unless somebody plans on digging through dozens of US government warehouses, the Ark no longer exists.  Plus the architecture of the Qubbat al-Sakhrah is a world treasure.  Islam is known for destroying relics and architecture that does not support Islam.  Jews don’t do that.  Before the Temple Mount fell into Israeli control, Palestinians would unearth Jewish artifacts and destroy them and they would go back to doing that if this vote is allowed to reach its fruition.  I think that the Qubbat al-Sakhrah is just GOD’s sign that the Temple is no longer needed and that the Temple Mount is indeed a center for the Abrahamic faiths.  And Israel is the perfect custodian to protect and maintain the site.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2016 at 8:04 PM, third_eye said:

Since the most recent full banishment and total expulsion in 70CE resulting in the Diaspora, it wasn't till Palestine came under British Rule and Colonialism that the Jewish Settlements began flooding in ... again ...

It wasn’t total expulsion.  There has been continuous Jewish settlement since 135ce and throughout this time, these Jewish settlements were at the mercy of Muslim massacres.  With the short-lived Ottoman Tanzimat gave Jews the ability to legally purchase land.  Between 1880 and 1920, Zionism began to see a new hope rise up.  Timing is everything.  The Mandate terminated any Ottoman claim and allowed the Jews to further establish their holdings in a wide open territory.  When the Mandate ended, Palestine was left to whoever could hold it.  Only one group seized the opportunity.  The way Muslims had displaced cultures from Iberia to Anatolia, the fate of the Palestinian is but karmic justice.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

... the fate of the Palestinian is but karmic justice.

According to who ?

IN the same sense of the word was lil' old'  Adolf also in the same vein of this karmical cycle of justice ?

9 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Well, the Temple Mount is Jewish in origin.  How can anyone argue that?  The two mosques on it are said to be of Muslim origin, long after the 2nd Temple was destroyed.  But these mosques are nothing more than what a dog does to mark his territory.  It’s what Islam has done from the Catholic Basilica of Saint Vincent of Lérins in Cordoba to the Hagia Sophia in Istanbul.  I guess some worry that Israel wants to tear down the Qubbat al-Sakhrah and al-Aqsa to rebuild the Temple?  That is illogical in the first place.  The only reason to rebuild the Temple is to house the Ark of the Covenant.  Unless somebody plans on digging through dozens of US government warehouses, the Ark no longer exists.  Plus the architecture of the Qubbat al-Sakhrah is a world treasure.  Islam is known for destroying relics and architecture that does not support Islam.  Jews don’t do that.  Before the Temple Mount fell into Israeli control, Palestinians would unearth Jewish artifacts and destroy them and they would go back to doing that if this vote is allowed to reach its fruition.  I think that the Qubbat al-Sakhrah is just GOD’s sign that the Temple is no longer needed and that the Temple Mount is indeed a center for the Abrahamic faiths.  And Israel is the perfect custodian to protect and maintain the site.

Why was Mt. Gerizim chosen for blessing and Mt. Ebal for curses?

http://judaism.stackexchange.com/questions/10092/why-blessings-on-mt-gerizim-and-curses-on-mt-ebal

http://www.bible.ca/archeology/bible-archeology-altar-of-joshua.htm