Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Temple Mount - The UNESCO Vote

bmk1245

On 10/31/2016 at 7:24 PM, odas said:

That is a rational post.

As a human being I, by best intentions, can not understand the hardcore christians, jews and muslims. WHAT do they want from us? How in the name of rationality is one race, skincolor or religion better or superior to others? Why do Jews behave like they own this Planet? Why do muslims behave like they are the only ones right in everything? Why do christians need to subordinate all others and mold them to their view? All moderate believers of all religions have proved we can live together and respect each other. So what is it that some are so infested withtheir radical beliefs?.

What are you trying to rationalize, God's will? So, because you're an atheist or something like that, you look at mankind's failure, faults and weakness,  and you blame God? Is that it?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, third_eye said:

According to who ?

IN the same sense of the word was lil' old'  Adolf also in the same vein of this karmical cycle of justice ?

Thank you for pointing out the connection between the Nazis and the Palestinians but lil' old'  Adolf had his own karma.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RavenHawk said:

Thank you for pointing out the connection between the Nazis and the Palestinians but lil' old'  Adolf had his own karma.

Most welcome ... I'm sure the Jews will be very comfortable hearing that from you ...

~

15 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

What are you trying to rationalize, God's will? So, because you're an atheist or something like that, you look at mankind's failure, faults and weakness,  and you blame God? Is that it?

Hmm. The almighty. The ruler of the universe. The one and only. The absolute. Creator of all. But can't straighten out such unimportant worms like humans? No. Not an atheist. Just begining to think clearly.

On Tuesday, November 01, 2016 at 1:53 PM, RavenHawk said:

Well, the Temple Mount is Jewish in origin.  How can anyone argue that?  The two mosques on it are said to be of Muslim origin, long after the 2nd Temple was destroyed.  But these mosques are nothing more than what a dog does to mark his territory.  It’s what Islam has done from the Catholic Basilica of Saint Vincent of Lérins in Cordoba to the Hagia Sophia in Istanbul.  I guess some worry that Israel wants to tear down the Qubbat al-Sakhrah and al-Aqsa to rebuild the Temple?  That is illogical in the first place.  The only reason to rebuild the Temple is to house the Ark of the Covenant.  Unless somebody plans on digging through dozens of US government warehouses, the Ark no longer exists.  Plus the architecture of the Qubbat al-Sakhrah is a world treasure.  Islam is known for destroying relics and architecture that does not support Islam.  Jews don’t do that.  Before the Temple Mount fell into Israeli control, Palestinians would unearth Jewish artifacts and destroy them and they would go back to doing that if this vote is allowed to reach its fruition.  I think that the Qubbat al-Sakhrah is just GOD’s sign that the Temple is no longer needed and that the Temple Mount is indeed a center for the Abrahamic faiths.  And Israel is the perfect custodian to protect and maintain the site.

Nope. The temple was build up on canaanite secret site.

It is all common practise used by all religions. How many churches have been built on pagan temples? How many pagan temples have been modified to churches? The list is looooooooooong.

All religions did it. Period.

3 hours ago, odas said:

Nope. The temple was build up on canaanite secret site.

It is all common practise used by all religions. How many churches have been built on pagan temples? How many pagan temples have been modified to churches? The list is looooooooooong.

All religions did it. Period.

Yes, many cultures built structures on the previous sites of earlier cultures.  That is not in debate.  But what is, is the origin of the Temple Mount.  Yes there were probably Canaanite alters on Mt Moriah, but the Temple Mount was originally built by Solomon (~950bce).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

Yes, many cultures built structures on the previous sites of earlier cultures.  That is not in debate.  But what is, is the origin of the Temple Mount.  Yes there were probably Canaanite alters on Mt Moriah, but the Temple Mount was originally built by Solomon (~950bce).

And when the day arrives that the Israelis can no longer hold the land by strength, they will lose it also.  That day will come but it won't last long.  Even if those that hate them today could get hold of it tomorrow, they wouldn't be able to keep it.  They'd then just begin fighting each other for it.  The difference is that NO ONE would care.  No Jews involved in that scenario.

Ahhhh more karma justice to rest with case .... I am beginning to see why Jerusalem wants nothing to do with Zionists ... Poor Jerusalem ...

~

~ 00.02:28

• 3 weeks later...

If this is the article that I THINK the opening post is referring to, then this is what happened.

The Palestinians - backed by the Organisation of Islamic Co-operations - tabled a resolution to UNESCO asking that Israeli archaeological activity near the Dome, plus a bunch of other things, should be condemned.

The fuss and palava arose NOT because UNESCO passed the resolution, but because UNESCO chose to refer to the site ONLY with its Islamic name, and not - as normal protocol requires - with its Jewish name.

Normal protocol is to use ALL of the names of a site when it has cultural significance to multiple groups.

By taking this action - which even the Director of UNESCO has described as 'regrettable' - UNESCO has effectively signalled that it regards the Islamic claims on the site as being pre-eminent. , This was NOT an accident, or a typographical error. It was a studied and premeditated act.

Perhaps UNESCO should consider the fate of the UN Commission on Human Rights, which also indulged in this sort of partisan behaviour, right up to the point where Bank i Moon finally got so sick of it that he disbanded it.

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2016 at 7:21 PM, and then said:

I don't revere the Temple mount either.  I said BY EXTENSION.  As in, Christians tend to think of Jerusalem as the holiest place because Christ was crucified and arose there.  Christ was a Jew and kept the Law.  His very sacrifice was due to the Law.  If you are unable to  discern the importance of the propaganda being used here by UNESCO then roll on.  The noose is getting tighter on the Jews in Israel.  Some real movement is apt to happen within a couple of weeks of this election.  Obama is going to allow the UN to give the Palestinians official statehood and that will be a watershed moment.  The world will be impacted at some point by that betrayal and the US more so than any other.  

You were right about this guy when you referred to him as an political hack.

Jimmy Carter to Barack Obama: Recognize the State of Palestine

By Jack Moore On 11/29/16 at 8:28 AM

Former U.S. president Jimmy Carter, who brokered peace between Egypt and Israel at Camp David, has called on Barack Obama to recognize the State of Palestine (as the United Nations refers to the non-member observer state) before he leaves office in January.

http://www.newsweek.com/jimmy-carter-barack-obama-recognize-state-palestine-526252

• Like 1

UN General Assembly supports resolution ignoring Jewish ties to Temple Mount

The UN General Assembly overwhelming voted to support a resolution that used solely Muslim language to describe the Temple Mount.
Out of the United Nation’s 193 member states, 147 voted in favor, seven voted against and eight abstained.

The Jerusalem resolution was one of six resolutions condemning Israel and supporting the Palestinians that the General Assembly approved on Wednesday, as part of its special annual session for the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People, which began on Tuesday.

All the European member states present in the room voted in favor of the resolution – countries such as France, Italy, Germany and the United Kingdom.

On 10/22/2016 at 5:09 AM, bmk1245 said:

comments are taken from out of the link.

Russia voted in favor of the motion, ignoring the millions of Russian Orthodox Christians it insulted by its vote. But, shockingly, both SOUTH AFRICA and Mexico also voted that the Temple Mount is Islamic. Where was their Christian-based conscience? Mexico switched its position by abstaining in the ratification procedure. Not good enough!

how about the recorded histories of King Solomon and King David who built the first and second Temples together with the corroborating historic timeline that links both events? 

And if that doesn't convince you there is a treasure trove of artifacts that are scientifically proven to be intricately traceable back to specific periods that prove the authenticity of the Jewish temples and the events that unfolded there. 

On 10/31/2016 at 7:00 PM, OverSword said:

I'm a Christian and I don't agree with you that the holiest places of Judaism are by extension the holiest places in Christianity.  What does the temple mount or the dome of the rock have to do with my personal relationship with Christ or God?  Nothing.  Would Jesus get upset about this?  doubtful.  Did the Muslims tear down the temple?  No. 

Why do you suppose that's in the Bible?

(NIV) On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves.

Jerusalem will Be Attacked
"Behold, I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that causes reeling to all the peoples around; and when the siege is against Jerusalem, it will also be against Judah. (do you know who came from the  tribe of Judah, who this refers to?)

"It will come about in that day that I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples; all who lift it will be severely injured. And all the nations of the earth will be gathered against it. 

"In that day," declares the LORD, "I will strike every horse with bewilderment and his rider with madness. But I will watch over the house of Judah, while I strike every horse of the peoples with blindness.

http://biblehub.com/zechariah/12-3.htm

Edited by Ellapennella
added
  • Like 1

On 02/11/2016 at 1:43 PM, Ellapennella said:

Do you want to think about that for a second?

why would an Atheist blame God for anything?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lord Fedorable said:

No, they don't blame God, just God's people.  Not all Atheists have an evangelical fervor to mock and dismiss people of faith but most I've met seem to find it to be their mission in life.  I still believe Obama plans to gut shoot Israel before he leaves office and will HAPPILY admit being wrong if he doesn't.  I just don't think the spiteful little man will be able to resist it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, and then said:

No, they don't blame God, just God's people.  Not all Atheists have an evangelical fervor to mock and dismiss people of faith but most I've met seem to find it to be their mission in life.  I still believe Obama plans to gut shoot Israel before he leaves office and will HAPPILY admit being wrong if he doesn't.  I just don't think the spiteful little man will be able to resist it.

You mean Atheists blame people for the things people do to other people?

say it ain't so!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lord Fedorable said:

I believe no one who calls himself an atheist; anyone who claims to be an atheist is contradicting  God .

11 hours ago, and then said:

Can you believe  they're falsely claiming that King David & King Solomon had nothing to do with the Temple  that it's all islamic.  you remember what happened  when Prime Minister Ariel Sharon touched the door maybe peeked inside ? 

http://www.nytimes.com/2000/09/29/world/sharon-touches-a-nerve-and-jerusalem-explodes.html

I found this pretty interesting

. As late as 1925, a guide to the Temple Mount by the Supreme Muslim Council in Jerusalem listed the location as Jewish and as the site of Solomon’s temple. The Temple Institute acquired a copy of the official 1925 “Guide Book to Al-Haram Al-Sharif,” which states on page 4: “Its identity with the site of Solomon’s Temple is beyond dispute. This, too, is the spot, according to universal belief, on which David ‘built there an altar unto the Lord.'”

With the formation of the Jewish state in 1948 and the capture of Jerusalem and the Temple Mount by Israel in 1968, the Waqf – the Muslim authority over the site – has increasingly tried to erase Israel’s connection to it. Unauthorized excavations have destroyed evidence of ancient Israel’s earlier sovereignty and Jews have been prevented from ascending the mount or, when allowed, praying. All historical connections by Jews to the Temple Mount are now denied

Jerusalem is not mentioned in the Quran. It is mentioned in the Hebrew Bible 656 times.

Islamic tradition states Muhammad took a journey in a single night on a horse from “a sacred mosque” – believed to be in Mecca in southern Saudi Arabia – to “the farthest mosque” and from a rock there ascended to heaven. The farthest mosque became associated with Jerusalem about 120 years ago.

Read more at http://mobile.wnd.com/2016/11/ancient-mosque-inscription-confirms-jerusalem-temple/#2llfEWrQky414bKp.99

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

I believe no one who calls himself an atheist; anyone who claims to be an atheist is contradicting  God .

An Atheist would say "how can you contradict something that doesn't exist?".

A Deist would say "how can we know God in order to contradict Him?"

A zealot would say "How dare you contradict God?"

9 hours ago, Lord Fedorable said:

You mean Atheists blame people for the things people do to other people?

say it ain't so!

Taking a tiny number from the whole to indict an entire group should be beneath you.  I think you understood quite well what I was saying.

31 minutes ago, and then said:

Taking a tiny number from the whole to indict an entire group should be beneath you.  I think you understood quite well what I was saying.

You're thinking of Anti-Theists, people who hate us "God botherers". The average Atheist doesn't care, all Anti-Theists hate.

On 12/3/2016 at 7:49 AM, Ellapennella said:

comments are taken from out of the link.

Russia voted in favor of the motion, ignoring the millions of Russian Orthodox Christians it insulted by its vote. But, shockingly, both SOUTH AFRICA and Mexico also voted that the Temple Mount is Islamic. Where was their Christian-based conscience? Mexico switched its position by abstaining in the ratification procedure. Not good enough!

how about the recorded histories of King Solomon and King David who built the first and second Temples together with the corroborating historic timeline that links both events? 

And if that doesn't convince you there is a treasure trove of artifacts that are scientifically proven to be intricately traceable back to specific periods that prove the authenticity of the Jewish temples and the events that unfolded there. 

As Russia has large population of Muslims, their vote is more or less understandable, but why South Africa and Mexico bend over, is beyond me. Though, seeing how in Europe critics of that destructive cult are being bashed, South African and Mexican vote isn't surprising.

• Like 1

UNESCO Official Statement ...

~

15.07.2016 - ODG

Statement by the Director-General of UNESCO on the Old City of Jerusalem and its Walls on the occasion of the 40th session of the World Heritage Committee of UNESCO in Istanbul

In response to numerous letters and public statements addressed to her concerning the 40th session of the World Heritage committee and the Old Town of Jerusalem, UNESCO Director-General Irina Bokova wishes to recall that the Old City of Jerusalem is the sacred city of the three monotheistic religions - Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

~

Mount Gerizim and the Samaritans

Description

Mount Gerizim, or Jebel et-Tor, is the sacred mountain of the Samaritans and has been so for thousands of years. It consists of three peaks, the main summit, the wide flat western hill and Tell er-Ras to the north. It has been traditionally identified with the sacred mountain upon which the Blessing was delivered by Divine decree, a claim which, in Samaritan belief, overrides that of the rival Temple of Jerusalem. On the summit is a rock which the Samaritans believe was the place where Abraham was about to sacrifice his son Isaac.

• World Heritage Center UNESCO Org link

~

40 COM 7A.13
Old City of Jerusalem and its Walls (site proposed by Jordan) (C 148 rev)

The World Heritage Committee,

1. Having examined Document WHC-16/40.COM/7A.Add2,
  2. Recalling the relevant provisions on the protection of cultural heritage including the four Geneva Conventions (1949), the Hague Convention for the Protection of Cultural Property in the Event of Armed Conflict of 1954 and its related protocols, the Convention on the Means of Prohibiting and Preventing the Illicit Import, Export and Transfer of Ownership of Cultural Property (1970), the Convention for the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage of 1972, the Delhi UNESCO Recommendation of 1956 concerning excavations undertaken in occupied territories, the inscription of the Old City of Jerusalem and its Walls at the request of Jordan on the World Heritage List (1981) and on the List of World Heritage in Danger (1982) and related recommendations, resolutions and decisions of UNESCO,
  3. Reaffirming that nothing in the present decision, which aims at the safeguarding of the authenticity, integrity and cultural heritage of the Old City of Jerusalem on both sides of its Walls, shall in any way affect the relevant United Nations resolutions and decisions, in particular the relevant Security Council resolutions on the legal status of Jerusalem,

I

4. Deeply concerned by the Israeli illegal archeological excavations and works conducted by the Israeli occupation authorities and settler groups in the Old City of Jerusalem and on both sides of its Walls and the failure of Israel to cease such harmful interventions, requests Israel to timely stop all such activities, in conformity with its obligations under the provisions of related UNESCO Conventions and recommendations;
  5. Regrets the damage caused by the Israeli security forces on 30th October 2014 to the historic Gates and windows of the Qibli Mosque inside Al-Aqsa Mosque/ Al-Haram Al-Sharif, which is a Muslim holy site of worship and an integral part of a World Heritage Site;
  6. Calls on Israel to stop the closure of Al-Rahmah Gate building, one of Al-Aqsa Mosque / Al-Haram Al-Sharif gates, and to allow all necessary renovation works thereof, in order to fix damage caused by the weather conditions;
  7. Also calls on Israel to facilitate the immediate execution of all 19 Hashemite restoration projects in and around Al-Aqsa Mosque/Al Haram Al-Sharif;
  8. Deplores the damaging effect of the Jerusalem Light rail (tram line) at few meters from the Walls of the Old City of Jerusalem which severely affect the visual integrity and the authentic character of the site and requests Israel to restore the original character of the site in conformity with its obligations under the provisions of related UNESCO Conventions and recommendations;
  9. Also deplores the Israeli plan to build a two-line cable car system in East Jerusalem, the construction of the so called “Liba House” project in the Old City of Jerusalem, the demolition and new construction of the so-called Strauss Building, and the project of the Western Wall elevator, the digging of a Mamluk structure beneath the Western Wall, the excavations and construction of new levels underneath the Western Wall, and urges Israel to renounce to the above mentioned projects in conformity with its obligations under the provisions of related UNESCO Conventions and recommendations as well as UNESCO Decisions particularly the World Heritage Committee decision 37 COM 7A.26, 38 COM 7A.4 and 39 COM 7A.27 and to provide the World Heritage Centre with all related documentation in particular the documentation concerning the historic remains found at the above mentioned projects;

• World Heritage Center Unesco link

~

The full picture ...

• Like 1